Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    also, thrall's shitty mudhut being rickety tipped him off on her jump, too.
    How we know both assassins were actually under-level:

• Noob assassin picks unsteady, loud terrain that gives away her position. That's amateur.
    • Wearing Bloodfang set hood: another indication of being low-level scrubs.
    • Being followed by a warrior. Low level stealthed creatures are easier to spot, which Saurfang does in every instance.
    • Trying to hit higher level targets often results in a large percentage of missed attacks(attacking thrall) or no damage(attacking Saurfang).
    • Getting hit by higher level targets often results in taking more damage. Both assassins die in one hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sylvanas believes the forsaken is the ultimatum, so yes, she would believe two rogues should be fine as guard dogs. Not vs. Thrall but I have a feeling they weren't meant to let him get that close. I mean, COME ON, do you honestly believe Sylvanas would let one of the mitghtiest orcs just walk away without having a 'tap' on his location and whereabouts?
    Saurfang followed the assassins to Thrall. Implying that they weren't there until recently. If the assassins were on stakeout, how would Saurfang follow them? They'd have been there for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    More importantly, why would Sylvanas send such incredible chumps to kill someone as powerful as either Thrall or Saurfang...much less both of them at once?

There's no way she's that stupid.....but maybe the writers are. Or maybe they think the players are stupid enough to believe such bad writing. Who knows? It gets real meta real fast.
    or maybe that was her intention, just lure them back to the action

How we know both assassins were actually under-level:
    i mean, i have to give it some realism points though.

this is what would happen if you sent two skinny women to kill two fucking gigantic male walking mountains of muscle.

also, this raises another question. how the fuck do forsaken rogues conceal their stench? they canonically stink like all hell.

More importantly, why would Sylvanas send such incredible chumps to kill someone as powerful as either Thrall or Saurfang...much less both of them at once?

There's no way she's that stupid.....but maybe the writers are. Or maybe they think the players are stupid enough to believe such bad writing. Who knows? It gets real meta real fast.
    Indeed. I don't think it's Sylvanas doing. But then again, Saufang tracked the rogues to Thrall, so Saurfang knew and were prepared and had he not shown then the assasins might just've killed Thrall. Could be a good plan gone wrong which made it look really bad. Time will tell, I guess!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang followed the assassins to Thrall. Implying that they weren't there until recently. If the assassins were on stakeout, how would Saurfang follow them? They'd have been there for quite some time.
    That is the part I am not 100% on, for it feels a little too convenient that he would follow them all that way of his own path, as well, pretty sure still they were meant as side tools, to gain leverage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    or maybe that was her intention, just lure them back to the action
    That is the direction I am leaning. It's a plot to get Thrall involved. Either to find out who in the Horde is loyal to her and who will betray her or maybe she knows an even bigger fight is coming and she's going to need all the heroes of Azeroth to help or maybe she even knows her path will lead to her destruction and she believes Thrall is the best leader to replace her.

Else I'm going with Saurfang planned this to get Thrall involved

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Good question. How about, someone else is sending undeads to kill Thrall and Saurfang?
    Who would be so stupid?

We've already covered Sylvanas.

Gallywix? I suppose there could be an argument for how cheap he is, but even he would recognize the power of Thrall and Saurfang. And how would he profit from Thrall's death? He's already supplying Sylv with Azerite. No need to farm brownie points by killing Thrall. No profit in it either.

Nathanos? Like Sylvanas, he's far too clever for that, and also knows two weak assassins wouldn't cut it. He'd go himself.

Matthias Shaw? Maybe. He could be plotting to help bring back Thrall to strengthen the Horde rebels under Saurfang. But it would come at the risk of having an even stronger, more united horde if it succeeded. Something the Alliance wouldn't want. Considering the relations between Saurfang and Anduin, chances are good Shaw had agents tracking Saurfang. But this all seems far too convoluted. How could Shaw know Saurfang would follow his assassins? And where would Shaw get two forsaken assassins in the first place?

Who else is there that would want Thrall dead? Some rando leftover Garrosh fanatic with a grudge?

- - - Updated - - -

i mean, i have to give it some realism points though.

this is what would happen if you sent two skinny women to kill two fucking gigantic male walking mountains of muscle.

also, this raises another question. how the fuck do forsaken rogues conceal their stench? they canonically stink like all hell.
    Magic? How else do you turn invisible in broad daylight in an open field? Seems plausible that the stealth magic would cover stink too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Saurfang knew and were prepared and had he not shown then the assasins might just've killed Thrall.
    Doubtful. The red assassin gave away her position by walking through loud crumbling wheat. The grey assassin gave away her position with the roof. Both assassins were scrubs that died in one hit. They would have easily been defeated by Thrall, even by himself.

I mean, if they were even halfway decent assassins they would have poisoned the water(Thrall is farming all day in the sun, AND he had an anvil for forge-work. Makes a man thirsty), or just waited until dark when he was asleep. But they attacked in broad daylight. Lol? Dirty scrubs.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    watch it again, but watch it properly and try to understand what append

Because Sylv just sits there and thinks, "Hey, you know what, I bet two low level assassins could handle Saurfang. Yup. That's a solid plan!"

The ONLY way this makes sense is if Sylvanas WANTS Thrall back in the horde, and decided that paying two disposable minions was worth it. That brings up some interesting possibilities. Why would Sylv want Thrall back? What purpose does that serve for her?
    I laughed more than I should when I saw "disposable minions".

Also, this kinda makes sense tbh... Maybe she wants to bail out for something else? Wants to step off?

BTW, because no one else seems to be describing it very well:

The second assassin(the one in grey/black) backflips away from Thrall and activates stealth, turning invisible. Saurfang isn't fooled, and catches the assassin in mid-air. He then proceeds to break the assassin's neck or something.

It's not a hadouken. It's just that he's grappling with an invisible ninja.
    How was that not explained very well by almost every other post above you? You literally repeated what most have already said. The only addition in yours was the backflip.

Doubtful. The red assassin gave away her position by walking through loud crumbling wheat. The grey assassin gave away her position with the roof. Both assassins were scrubs that died in one hit. They would have easily been defeated by Thrall, even by himself.

I mean, if they were even halfway decent assassins they would have poisoned the water(Thrall is farming all day in the sun, AND he had an anvil for forge-work. Makes a man thirsty), or just waited until dark when he was asleep. But they attacked in broad daylight. Lol? Dirty scrubs.
    I don't know. The assasins might have waited if Saurfang had not followed them. Since he did, the assasins probably thought this was the best shot they'd get since an alerted Thrall would be way to difficult to deal with within their time limit (job wise).

It's not so surprising that they look week and fragile, they're assasins after all. Their main strenght is to not be seen and to strike when no one is prepared for it, killing them before they have even a chance to fight back.

I think they were stressed. I'd agree that they're not the best assasins around but I really doubt that they'd be any less than good. Gotta be a lot of nerv when cotracted to kill someone like Thrall (if forsaken can be nervous, ofc!). Clearly wasn't the best decision but would not be surprising to make such a misstake in their shoes, I'd say.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Well we can really really hope that this isn't a zero requime thing where she is purposefully making herself the ultimate villain so that everyone has to unite to kill her and peace is the after effect.
    Cause sending mid class rogues to kill Jesus would certainly do that.

Number of people who realize that Saurfang knew he was being followed and deliberately took then to Thrall to force him back into the fight as a beacon? Practically 0

If you think otherwise, rewatch it and see when the rogues go after who
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    All I know is, the Forsaken chick in red armor was thicc, and the world is truly worse off with her passing.

he grabbed her right as she hit the ground and snapped her neck.

that was the twisting motion with his hand.

why a snapped neck would kill a forsaken? rule of cool.
    It works for killing zombies so i bet it works on forsaken also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Number of people who realize that Saurfang knew he was being followed and deliberately took then to Thrall to force him back into the fight as a beacon? Practically 0

If you think otherwise, rewatch it and see when the rogues go after who
    1 goes for Thrall, the other one seem to try and sprint past Saurfang but Saurfang attacks the rogue and forces it to battle him, becuse if the rogue was going for Saurfang why jump over him and not just attack straight on.

The writers seem to be close to GoT scripters ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    It works for killing zombies so i bet it works on forsaken also.
    in what zombies? the walking dead?

i'd assume it'd at least paralyze a normal zombie, since those nerves need to be working to move.

any zombie in wow though, that's magical soul shit.

I mean there is no reason to believe they are actually affiliated with Sylvanas anyway.

Could easily have been hired by Saurfang by proxy to coerce Thrall into returning.

- - - Updated - - -

Forsaken assassins...panicked? Right. Sure.

I think it's just a case of bad writing and rule-of-cool nonsense. They wanted to show the heroes having a heroic bro moment. I mean, it would have been a FAR better story if one of the assassins had gotten away with literal kidnapping to use as a lever against Thrall. Or even better, having Thrall encounter assassinated family, REALLY giving him a concrete reason to re-join the fight.

But no...we got inspiring words from Saurfang and a nonsensical fight with faceless minions. Normally I praise Blizzard cinematics, but the more I think about it, the more I think this one was REALLY bad.
    I mean we don't see Thrall's family. They can easily be kidnapped or dead.

Reminder than Saurfang supposedly knew the assassins were there the whole time and didn't immediately tell Thrall or check on the innocents. Meaning he was cool with them dying and is confirmed evil.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I wonder Saurfang had to move at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I mean there is no reason to believe they are actually affiliated with Sylvanas anyway.

Could easily have been hired by Saurfang by proxy to coerce Thrall into returning.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean we don't see Thrall's family. They can easily be kidnapped or dead.

Reminder than Saurfang supposedly knew the assassins were there the whole time and didn't immediately tell Thrall or check on the innocents. Meaning he was cool with them dying and is confirmed evil.
    Or they could be working with the twilight hammer old gods and stuff