Poll: Would you join Sylvanas' 3rd Faction

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There isn't much incentive but there's always the possibility of an Alliance player looking for a dark faction to roll for that isn't the Horde. I mean technically right now, if they wanted to join Sylvanas they could already roll Horde and do so, but I wanted to keep all options open and not muddle both side's opinions as Y/N.

I'm not going to sugarcoat anyone's decision to stay or leave, that's really up to players.
    With my idea any player can create a new "Fallen" character and play alongside Sylvanas for an entire expansion. This way players will experience being "the baddies", have an evil outlook towards N'zoths goals, and serve the future Undead Queen.

Players don't have to leave their factions, instead they create new characters, including the new class Dark Rangers within that 3rd faction.

Just like Mists of Pandaria though, towards the end the 3rd faction characters choose a side to join, leading to a whole bunch more diversity in races for each faction.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    With my idea any player can create a new "Fallen" character and play alongside Sylvanas for an entire expansion. This way players will experience being "the baddies", have an evil outlook towards N'zoths goals, and serve the future Undead Queen.

Players don't have to leave their factions, instead they create new characters, including the new class Dark Rangers within that 3rd faction.

Just like Mists of Pandaria though, towards the end the 3rd faction characters choose a side to join, leading to a whole bunch more diversity in races for each faction.
    I like the idea, but I feel that if we don't go the route of joining a different faction, it's just going to feel like Aldor/Scryer or an elaborate NPC reputation system. It doesn't have the same impact.

Not a chance. Been disliking Sylvanas since cata, when she started blighting things and killing innocent people, just to make more forsaken. I still have no idea why the rest of the Horde completely turned a blind eye to that nonsense. And she's been doing alot more *cough* "morally grey" things since then, for very vague and questionable reasons. I joined Thrall and Baines Horde. The Horde that just wanted to live peacefully. I, in no way, am going to willfully join a warmongering, murderous lunatic, whos goals are......I don't even honestly know what she's trying to accomplish at this point.

I wouldn't care who led a third factionm I'd be resubbed and joining it in a heart beat.

Think about it, even in only content theres only so much they can alter in neutral points; they'd have to create new content from scratch that would tie in with the current time line in existing places. It would be a plethora of new content, new lore. I'd go as far to say it would be virtually impossible for them to half arse it. Having a third faction introduced would bring back that wow spark I reckon.

Of course. Why would I like to join Alliance with Saurfang?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but I feel that if we don't go the route of joining a different faction, it's just going to feel like Aldor/Scryer or an elaborate NPC reputation system. It doesn't have the same impact.
    Nope that is not what I proposed.

I suggested that at the start of that new expansion, the player has the option of creating a character in the new 3rd faction (ex "The Fallen" ), which would include Dark Rangers as the new class, and a whole new campaign designed around serving Sylvanas and Old Gods/Void Lords and their push towards conquering Azeroth and forming a new Black Empire.

The experience while playing through the storyline of the 3rd faction would be that of an evil empire wanting to conquer Azeroth, death, and reality itself.

Imagine raids where Alliance and Horde have similar bosses of faction specific encounters, but for the 3rd faction (at least the majority of the lifeline of the expansion), the 3rd faction fights alongside the raid dungeons bosses, to defeat both the Alliance and Horde in the encounters. (Will never happen, too much development)

Although with that eye of N'zoth questline where we get to choose to be either with Nzoth or not, I have to assume, that if their were a 3rd faction....it would side with Nzoth and Sylvanas
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2019-05-16 at 05:48 PM.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo... your poll has no options for people who play both factions?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I have too much invested in my alliance characters to transfer, but I welcome the idea of adding a 3rd or 4th faction.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Nope that is not what I proposed.

I suggested that at the start of that new expansion, the player has the option of creating a character in the new 3rd faction (ex "The Fallen" ), which would include Dark Rangers as the new class, and a whole new campaign designed around serving Sylvanas and Old Gods/Void Lords and their push towards conquering Azeroth and forming a new Black Empire.

The experience while playing through the storyline of the 3rd faction would be that of an evil empire wanting to conquer Azeroth, death, and reality itself.

Imagine raids where Alliance and Horde have similar bosses of faction specific encounters, but for the 3rd faction (at least the majority of the lifeline of the expansion), the 3rd faction fights alongside the raid dungeons bosses, to defeat both the Alliance and Horde in the encounters. (Will never happen, too much development)
    Well for the sake of argument, this will only piss off Alliance and Horde purists for not having access to a new class, as well as being shafted for special lore being exclusive to the new faction. This was mostly what I wanted to avoid since you can already see this sort of envy happening every time Blizzard releases Faction Mounts and the Alliance gets a new Horse variant while the Horde get a brand new model. Even if the model quality was equivalent, people tend to have a 'grass is greener' mentality.

Of course this would make people roll a 3rd faction, but it's very underhanded in luring players with a new exclusive class and having the entire story centered around them. Even if they gave all 3 factions equal treatment, players would any special treatment towards another faction as shafting their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The population is split up enough as it is making a 3rd faction would just complicate finding groups and times to do things. If something like this were to happen it would tip the scale to quit.
    I think it would only work if they simultaneously removed the hard faction divide so you can group across faction lines where it makes sense(read PvE).

Make BGs pick two factions at random maybe. Would be interesting to see Alterac with the bases swapped in any case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why would Sylvanas split from the Horde? Thrall, Saurfang, Baine, Lor’themar and the rest split from the Horde, not her.
    If all those split from her, than that's essentially the Horde splitting from Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure, i would try it, but i think it would depend a lot on the faction itself

7+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on the toon and the story I thought of for them >:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for the sake of argument, this will only piss off Alliance and Horde purists for not having access to a new class, as well as being shafted for special lore being exclusive to the new faction. This was mostly what I wanted to avoid since you can already see this sort of envy happening every time Blizzard releases Faction Mounts and the Alliance gets a new Horse variant while the Horde get a brand new model. Even if the model quality was equivalent, people tend to have a 'grass is greener' mentality.

Of course this would make people roll a 3rd faction, but it's very underhanded in luring players with a new exclusive class and having the entire story centered around them. Even if they gave all 3 factions equal treatment, players would any special treatment towards another faction as shafting their own.
    Again you didint read everything I wrote...

I mentioned within this Nzoth 3rd Faction expansion, as the story line progresses and we reach the ending of 9.3, or 9.3.5, or whatever patch #, that 3rd faction disperses and like in MoP the characters get to choose which side to join, either Horde or Alliance. So towards the end of the expansion, players will be able to get Dark Rangers to cross to Horde or Alliance, or even have something like an Undead Warlock come join the alliance after they leave or are freed from the 3rd Faction.

This will provide a unique gameplay experience, show players an evil outlook towards the "real baddies" in WoW, which are the Void Lords, and also allow for great diversity within factions for races towards the ending.

Edit - Its like a reverse MoP concept. Where you start off with the 3rd faction, but towards the end as the story progresses the character joins either Horde or Alliance.
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2019-05-16 at 06:02 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    There does need to be a faction change somehow. Most of the races and leaders haven't made sense being a part of the "horde" for a while now.

I could imagine some of my toons from both factions joining a Sylvanas faction, if said faction worked against Horde and Alliance and was preferably evil. Like a new Cult of the Damned or something like that, I'd love that.

Remember Vol'jin. Remember what he said. Always remember.

Depends on who's part of that faction.

Again you didint read everything I wrote...
    Well TBH it's a messy system and it's more like gating the Ebon Hand to joining after ICC instead of at the start of WOTLK. It doesn't feel like a true 3rd faction as I'm proposing, especially if you're just going to revert back to Alliance and Horde by the end. Theme-wise, it feels like a big F-U to the Horde and Alliance players if we gated Death Knights to an Ebon Hand faction that also allowed other players to 'join'.

And if you have the 3rd faction disperse then that's a completely different idea. I'm talking about a permanent new faction lead by Sylvanas, not some temporary faction for the purpose of one expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Depends on who's part of that faction.
    It could be you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    Remember Vol'jin. Remember what he said. Always remember.
    This? http://i.imgur.com/RmFZ17k.jpg?2.

i play all factions, so yes i would.

it would be a good thing for the game.