Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not that extremely bothered by the stories Blizzard has told over the years, but I will say
    that is definitely bullshit. All Tyrande did was kill one of Sylv's Valkyrie's, which although very
    important, isn't nearly enough to avenge the destruction of Teledrasil.

And besides, in that fight, she also lost 2 of her Night Elven warriors, now raised into undeath
    to serve Sylvanas. If anything, she lost that fight far more than she won.

Defending your area after seeing your capital burned to ashed - revenge.

By the way i'm pretty sure that the Horde genocided every Night Elf they encountered, Teldrassil is just the cherry on the cake : Ashenvale, Darkshore... The Horde made no prisoners and each civilian was slaughtered.
    The Night Elves need at least to take back Hyjal or Ashenvale before even thinking about revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    By the way i'm pretty sure that the Horde genocided every Night Elf they encountered, Teldrassil is just the cherry on the cake : Ashenvale, Darkshore... The Horde made no prisoners and each civilian was slaughtered.
    The Night Elves need at least to take back Hyjal or Ashenvale before even thinking about revenge.
    Not completely true, Saurfang specifically ordered you to take prisoners and let them go after interrogation. That was, of course, while he was still operating under the assumption that they were going to try and make the Nightelves into allies at some point later (his original plan), not 'crushing their spirits'.
    When Teldrassil caught fire I'm quite sure everyone forgot these orders.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Not completely true, Saurfang specifically ordered you to take prisoners and let them go after interrogation. That was, of course, while he was still operating under the assumption that they were going to try and make the Nightelves into allies at some point later (his original plan), not 'crushing their spirits'.
    When Teldrassil caught fire I'm quite sure everyone forgot these orders.
    He might be the exception. For exemple Astranaar's population was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's really not human lore. It is entirely specific to Khadgar himself. Varian had as major a role as Vol'jin did, which is to say, not any.
    More than Vol'jin, he was also the centerpiece of the WoD's equivalent of Warbringers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Thats not true, they took prisoners... and used them for target practice.

He might be the exception. For exemple Astranaar's population was killed.
    The orders were to take out the guards, iirc, but yes, you could kill at least one civilian too in the questline Horde-side and on the Alliance side it was shown that afterwards the civilians were dead too.

But I don't really disagree with you, I merely tried to point out that there were, indeed, exceptions.

More mocking of nelf fans in this PC-Gamer interview published recently:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/night-elves

With the WoW Classic release date on the horizon, and Warcraft 3: Reforged due later this year, you’ll have plenty of chances to relive the glory days with your Night Elves of choice. Spare a thought for Mr. T and his Night Elf Mohawk while you’re at it.
    As if I would give Blizz another dime after that toxic shitshow...
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It's a fekking tree..
    Trees are used a lumber or firewood.. Get over it.

Can you honestly say, Alliance isn't openly favored by Blizzard?
    It was the nelf capital... all your snide comments aside. We are looking at the 2nd cgi cinematic for an irrelevant old orc dude halfway into the xpac.

The worst part about it: even if nelf players leave in droves - which they should, it won't matter because they will have Classic who will bring them millions in revenue, so the nelf players will just be deplorable to them.

It's only the 2nd most popular Alliance race, to hell with them...
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-16 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    More mocking of nelf fans in this PC-Gamer interview published recently:
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/night-elves
    But that was not a quote from Samwise just something from the magazine... and if they would not like night elfs they would not have done the interview... so thats really a stretch to me to say this is mockery.

I would have to agree with the above, them claiming tha Nelves were a hard sell that maybe not everyone on the deve team is fully onboard with even now is not really mocking. At least not when you compare it to the massive spit in the face that was the burning of Teldrassil, specifically teh Blizz assurances afterwards that the HORDE would get over it eventaully, and then promply gave them a shiny new fully rendered cinematic, a completely unprecedented move in WoW history to placate them.

Having played the intro to Nazjatar as well now on the PTR, i can stil not fathom the writer discussion that lead to them not having more prominent elves on the Alliance team, and instead made the Alliance leader Jaina. She even up and says at one point how amazing the capital of the Night elves look, and talks about them needing to find a guide of sorts to show them around to get the lay of the land.

I think the Nightelves being kind of unusual (while still being a mold of things already known, like most things in Warcraft) was actually their point and at least to me part of what makes them appeal to me. I'd prefer them even more alien and Sidhe-like, but as they had to make them fit into the two faction fiasco, they had to make them more palatable to an Alliance audience somehow... I guess. And I will love to relive the glory days of WC3 gladly, because I'm afraid there will be no more of that going forward in WoW. I'll be really glad, if I'm wrong in this.

I am Horde but now I feel really bad for Alliance. Tyrande is an iconic character and to see her written so poorly is just an insult to the whole fanbase =(

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    yeah Tyrande had her revenge whatever.. now here's another new beautifully rendered cutscene with Saurfang! #nofavouritism

Wait.. what even was her "revenge"? Fighting Nathanos until he ran away? Are Nightelves at least canonically back in control of Darkshore??

Pretty much to be expected. Nightelves were all fridged for Horde character development. Tyrande had her "trials of the high king" quest, now back to Horde.
    "Horde character development"... lol... you can take your character development.. please.. I don't want it. Just be glad you AREN'T in the focus...

I’d like to see her take Nathanos’ head. Hell my Orc DK would like to kill him at this point. Probably the dumbest character in BfA. He was better as a quiet yes man but they made him think he’s hot shit

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Horde character development"... lol... you can take your character development.. please.. I don't want it.
    Yeah I would love to see Yrel torturing Anduin in the underground of Stormwind while we help Jaina to fix the whole mess after she helped to plan the invasion of Orgrimmar thinking that will finish the horde threat for good while being unaware of the true plan of Yrel.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-29 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Yeah I would love to see Yrel torturing Anduin in the underground of Stormwind while we help Jaina to fix the whole mess after she helped to plan the invasion of Orgrimmar thinking that will finish the horde threat for a long time at least and being really unaware of the true plan of Yrel has.
    Maybe Yrel could use what she learned in the fight pits with Kargath... *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    But that was not a quote from Samwise just something from the magazine... and if they would not like night elfs they would not have done the interview... so thats really a stretch to me to say this is mockery.
    True, but I mean, hard sell at the beginning or not, nelves are the 2nd most popular Alliance race, and have been for a loong time. At some point you'd expect the devs to just get over themselves. Not to mention that the pretty belves are even the most popular Horde race.

I guess it's not good enough for these devs to create something that is widely popular and embraced by the playerbase. They are just trapped within the ideas in their heads that especially nelves are somehow "unpopular" when every chart on realmpop says the exact opposite...

Add to that the fact that only last expansion they created a class that required you to be a nelf or a belf... I mean seriously...
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-16 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Maybe Yrel could use what she learned in the fight pits with Kargath... *wink*
    He can make company for the old Gromm that can act as "reek" while San..Anduin gets all the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Adding to that, the Alliance gets their orders to attack the city to prevent the Zandalari from joining the Horde. You may think of that plan what you will (I think it's not the smartest move), but it implies the Alliance knows the Zandalari are not yet part of the Horde.
    If you think about this a little more....compare it to Suramar. Sure, Suramar had suffered in Legion quite a bit, but it was still powerful. Suramar had the option to join either factions; they were not at odds with either of them. Yet, Thalyssra threw herself to the ground, kissed Sylvanas' feet and swore the "Oath of service".

The Zandalari are in total shambles after BoD. They have no forces left worth mentioning and face considerable dissent amongst themselves and against their new ruler, who is a TEENAGER. They are in an incredibly weak possition and have litterally NOTHING to offer to the Horde...yet, they know the Alliance will probably still be pissed that they allowed the Horde to use Zandalar as a staging ground for their scourge-attacks on Kul'Tiras. And despite all that Talanji gets away with giving Sylvanas this bullcrap?

How?

Why?

What the fuck?

The Nightborne really show how much the Blizzard devs hate Nightelves in general.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-16 at 09:00 PM.