Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nice Streamer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You are a horrible person
    applied for classic beta, knowing you did not want to play
    wtf man?
    didn't get in? awww, it's great so far...

ding!

"Streamer and influencer beta" is more like it. I have come to honestly hate this kind of advertisement. I don't really expect to get in but these kinds of streamer only/preferred betas have become way to wide spread, its happening with almost every online game. They say it's a "love letter to the fans" but someone like my older brother doesn't get in despite having a near constantly active sub since Vanilla.

Stop acting like entitled children. It's a beta not an early access

a lot of entitled whiny people in here, you'll get in when you get in, or you won't and you'll get in on launch. stop thinking you're more important than you are, it's pathetic.

I wish developers did more to dispel the misconceptions of beta. Sure, positioning it as "early access" and handing out access to streamers is great for publicity and generating hype... but it hurts the industry and angers a lot of players.

Beta is for testing. That is it. It's not a preview. It's not a way to hand-select important customers and throw them a bone. It's not a reward for your loyalty. It's a test (and other than streamers, most participants are literally picked from a programming script). You shouldn't even be having that much fun while playing it, to be honest. I was in QA for Activision (played Guitar Hero 8-Hours a day for 6 months) and it wasn't really fun. You had specific tasks. There was pressure to report bugs. You weren't expected to just dick around.

If only developers would stress this more. Take a hit in the marketing department (or, rather, let the marketing department do their job) and be upfront with people. This is for testing gorsh darn it.

I got my invite at 10:45 PM EST on Wednesday, but it went to spam folder so I didn't see it. This morning I saw in the launcher that I could DL the beta and play it

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    I got my invite at 10:45 PM EST on Wednesday, but it went to spam folder so I didn't see it. This morning I saw in the launcher that I could DL the beta and play it
    Why would you post on a dead mmo account?

The whole night only 30-40 ally and 40-50 horde played on the beta servers and 80-90% of those were streamers. Why would you even post a lie with your fake account?
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like its already good to go. Wish it would come out sooner and not when summer break is ending!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

The whole night only 30-40 ally and 40-50 horde played on the beta servers and 80-90% of those were streamers. Why would you even post a lie with your fake account?
    Because maybe he's telling the truth and you've just got your head in the sand, going "LA LA LA ONLY STREAMERS I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

You just sound upset for not having a beta invite yourself, yet.

For those that got their invite, was it email or just launcher? Is this beta?

Maybe it looks like more streamer have beta because you only see the streamer and not the normal people , because they stream and the others don’t O.o

I'm a bit irked that I haven't received an invite but my husband did and he's not a streamer or whatever, just a casual player, so meh it's all good. He got an email btw, for those who are wondering.

People acting like BETA is something like early access.
    If you get that, better focus on finding bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    For those that got their invite, was it email or just launcher? Is this beta?
    I didn't notice the email at first since it went to one of my spam folders. In fact, I only looked in the launcher because of this exact post on mmo-champion, where it said to check the launcher. In my launcher, under the IN DEVELOPMENT it has Beta: WoW Classic. I started the download this morning and after about 5 seconds it was at Playable

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    People acting like BETA is something like early access.
    If you get that, better focus on finding bugs.
    Tell this to streamers. All they do is whining that it's nothing like the shitty private servers they came from.

Lets get hyped on beta that was in beta 16 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Tell this to streamers. All they do is whining that it's nothing like the shitty private servers they came from.
    Good for me that I'm not watching any of the streamer. It's just waste for my time, I've got planty other things to do(playing myself included!). Though I agree, it seems that some of them have higher impact on the community than just no-name.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "Streamer and influencer beta" is more like it. I have come to honestly hate this kind of advertisement. I don't really expect to get in but these kinds of streamer only/preferred betas have become way to wide spread, its happening with almost every online game. They say it's a "love letter to the fans" but someone like my older brother doesn't get in despite having a near constantly active sub since Vanilla.
    Also funny that they specifically stated that the people who will be invited should have a lot of game time. Streamers/influencers didn't even exist in Vanilla.