Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Wow is 2nd on twitch with 141k viewers with classic beta.

Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    It's still 3 months away, I think there's some time yet.

And people have been offering me subscriptions on Twitch for the first time!

2 different people offered me 1 month (4.99€) of subscription on twitch for Payo and MrGM.

I dont even know what that means...someone explain? Plz?

See guys.. no one gives a flying shit about classic..

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    See guys.. no one gives a flying shit about classic..

/s
    The only statistic that counts is how many people are still playing six months after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna slam Blizzard cause they finally released these servers, but I can't believe it took them 13 years to re-introduce classic. People begged for it litterally at the launch of TBC. Come on, they are so out of touch with players :/ I bet they don't even have employees skulking fansites like this, which they absolutely should.

Also, Asmongold is a pretty cool person, I'm really happy for him

Asmon just got 3k subs from a deadmines run

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there will be interest at first. A greater measure of interest will be to see where it is in a month and then perhaps a couple of months after launch.

First/second day interest isn't very useful for long-term predictions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    And people have been offering me subscriptions on Twitch for the first time!

2 different people offered me 1 month (4.99€) of subscription on twitch for Payo and MrGM.

I dont even know what that means...someone explain? Plz?
    gift subs, another person payed for a sub on that stream that opens emotes and what not for the channel. Its another way for people to support their favorite streamers as subs count is a big measuring metric

5+ Year Old Account
    I say it won’t last long , keep in mind I like classic and BFA, not just saying it because of hate. It’s a boring game to outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    gift subs, another person payed for a sub on that stream that opens emotes and what not for the channel. Its another way for people to support their favorite streamers as subs count is a big measuring metric
    Thanks a lot, i didnt know.
    Its the same thing as offering money to a streamer then.

They are my favorites so far, pretty cool

Thank you again
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-05-16 at 11:24 PM.

I'm happy that interest for Classic seems huge, and I hope everything will be great going forward. But I do think it's a bit early to predict how popular playing Classic actually will be, as this is the very first day the beta has been out? As Prozach said, let's see how it's looking 6 months after Classic launch. I don't see how 100k+ people would be watching that content in the long term.. It's simply not that interesting Imo.

Initial hype always boosts numbers.

Any classic streamers that doesnt look like Waluigi or a neckbeard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

young ppl will not survive classic

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Any streamers that doesnt look like Waluigi or a neckbeard?
    none whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't wanna slam Blizzard cause they finally released these servers, but I can't believe it took them 13 years to re-introduce classic. People begged for it litterally at the launch of TBC. Come on, they are so out of touch with players :/ I bet they don't even have employees skulking fansites like this, which they absolutely should.

Also, Asmongold is a pretty cool person, I'm really happy for him
    They are not really out of touch. Few people shouting about classic is not very profitable, I believe the eye opener for them was when that guy who used to work at blizzard managed to get 100k people sign classic petition which has shown blizzard there is interest there, apart from him nobody took any step before apart from spamming GIVE ME MUUH VANILIIAAAA on various forums.

I can't wait for classic but this is a fucking terrible way to measure any type of success, anytime a new game comes out and any big time streamers flock to it the viewer counts sky rocket, same shit happened for grand theft auto 2 months ago...and probably another game before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Initial hype always boosts numbers.
    I mean if you look at just Asmongold's stream it smashed his BFA numbers on the first days.