Still really uninterested in the remake, the new trailer didn't help my feelings, either.

I'll just keep replaying the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Still really uninterested in the remake, the new trailer didn't help my feelings, either.

I'll just keep replaying the original.
    Trailer has me slightly worried. I noticed the part where the option to buy a flower from Aerith was removed. Hopefully that isn't something that is common in the remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, you thought a niche game like YSVIII sold nearly 5 million copies. Compared to that I am a know it all I guess...

Just remember to keep this on topic, using your same logic FFXV sold 142+ millions.

Comparing Falcom game sales to FF. Hooo boy, I'm sorry you can't laugh at your own self for seeing how ridiculous that actually is. Series that have sold 4.8 and 3 total million to a series that has sold 142+. There is no comparison. If a FF game sold like a falcom game it would put square in danger of going under. Even square's more niche projects like Nier, Bravely, Octopath etc are both expected to and do sell a lot more then falcom games. Your great perspective you shared with this thread isn't just wrong, it's so far off base people should question anything you say in regards to video games ever. Is that truthful enough for you? Or are you gonna reply and keep digging this grave?

- - - Updated - - -

Doing what? Making people mad because I said "lmao" in a reply to a post comparing Falcom game sales to that of FF? Lets put this in further perspective, if we total up both YS and LoH combined their total series sales(31 total games btw) don't even top the original FFVII by itself, let alone is it anywhere close to sniffing the FF series in popularity.
    Having some manners that is what I meant. Yes I thought wrong and I did an honest mistake so what? do you really need to laugh and all of that jazz so you can prove that "hey your did a big mistake here bro"

I get it the first time that it was a mistake but really as I said grow up. Everyone can do a mistake we are all humans in the end no need to laugh at it specially when it was un intentional mistake. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://kotaku.com/fans-are-concerne...fan-1834678296

TLDR... Barret is a stereotype of a black man.....

Good lord kotaku is just awful unless it's from Jason....

and which "fans" only people I've seen say anything negative about Barret is the fact that he's wearing sunglasses.
    To be fair though, African Americans (and yes ALL other people) do sometimes wear sunglasses IRL, even indoors in dark places (clubs, bars, etc.). While I do not care for his voice actor much, the sunglasses don't phase me.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think about Aeriths design.

Personally, I love it.

Bleh, Asian games now are just weebified fanservice trash. It’s going to attract a whole different generation of gamers: the casual kind. And the kind that gets hyped on Twitch, liek omgawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Having some manners
    Yawn, dude. You literally told someone to "grow up" because you was triggered at them saying "lmao". You shouldn't be preaching to anyone about "manners".

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Bleh, Asian games now are just weebified fanservice trash. It’s going to attract a whole different generation of gamers: the casual kind. And the kind that gets hyped on Twitch, liek omgawd.
    I'll gladly take said "weebified trash" over bland ass open world games, generic shooters and BR games and general survival jank/eurojank crap coming from everywhere else. I can count the number of western studios worth a damn not owned by Sony/Nintendo on one hand, and it doesn't come super close to using the whole hand either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You seem to have a personal issue dealing with being wrong. I hope this leads to you actually doing some reading before making wild claims in the future. Verify before you post.

On topic, E3 should be massive for news. I can’t wait to hear what their target release date is gonna be. I’m also super excited that they’re expanding the narrative. I always wanted to delve into things like Vincent more.
    Naah I don't have any personal issues at all. It is annoying because this is not the first time he does that really. It is just in this world there are three types of people when it comes to someone who did an honest not serious mistake here is the list:

Type A: Those who pretend nothing happens and ignore your mistake and move on (as I said if the mistake is an honest one and not serious one).

Type B: Those who will use any means necessary to mock you or makes you feel worse and be little you in any chance they get because of their ego god complex attitude thinking they know much better than everyone else and see their opinions as facts.

Type C: Those who are willing to help out to fix the mistake and make sure you don't do it again, by either talk to you or do something about it by either acting like an adviser or something like that.

This guy Tech is Type B. For me personally I can be sometimes type A or type C it depends but hell I will never ever be type B. I will never laugh or mock about others mistake to belittle them to makes me feel superior or anything like that even if it is just in the internet. (not talking about jokes here)

- - - Updated - - -

Yawn, dude. You literally told someone to "grow up" because you was triggered at them saying "lmao". You shouldn't be preaching to anyone about "manners".

I'll gladly take said "weebified trash" over bland ass open world games, generic shooters and BR games and general survival jank/eurojank crap coming from everywhere else. I can count the number of western studios worth a damn not owned by Sony/Nintendo on one hand, and it doesn't come super close to using the whole hand either.
    Yup and I am willing to say it again and again because what you did is just childish and ego. Don't mock and laugh at others mistake because we all do mistakes sometimes we are not perfect.

Anyway on topic: If they are going to make it episodic I hope at least they make it similar to Legend of Heroes series like Cold Steel way of storytelling episodes or Sky series (without the restriction and more like open world stuff please).
    Last edited by Velshin; 2019-05-16 at 08:58 AM.

/facepalm of course people have to turn the Barret glasses thing into a race issue.

My problem with it, is that it makes it look like they are making him a bad ass rather than the goofy idiot he is.

The dude kills millions to "save the planet" in the opening of the game and doesnt get hit up about it till half way through the game with Cait Sith

Aeris looks amazing in the trailer, but I can't say I feel strongly about it either way.

I just hope I can trigger some folks for not using her japanese name
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I just hope I can trigger some folks for not using her japanese name
    People complaining about s/th because it's not her Japanese name are totally clueless, "s" and "th" are literally the exact same thing in Japanese, using one or the other is 100% a translation choice, not a question of correct "Japanese name", both versions are 100% correct. But her original name is Earis (or Earith), if there was something to complain about, that would be the thing, switching from "Ea" to "Ae".
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    What do you guys think about Aeriths design.

Personally, I love it.
    Never heard of any complaints. Only thing I have to say is that her current design makes her look like she's in her mid to late twenties, whereas the second design makes her look closer to the early twenties that she is purported to be.

Amen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Never heard of any complaints. Only thing I have to say is that her current design makes her look like she's in her mid to late twenties, whereas the second design makes her look closer to the early twenties that she is purported to be.

Amen!

Hey my friend! since we both love Legend of Heroes series! do you think it will be good idea to make it episodic similar to how Cold Steel series goes? what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey my friend! since we both love Legend of Heroes series! do you think it will be good idea to make it episodic similar to how Cold Steel series goes? what you think?
    I don't know. FFVII was a 50 hour long game. If you account for the time it will take to traverse the world in the realistically proportioned 3D environments rather than zipping around across a condensed, abstract background, it might be 60+ hours. Depending on how they handle the overworld, that could be another 10 to 20 hours, but that'd still be a single 70-80 hour long game. I don't see how they could make it longer without adding new content. At best, the new content will be expanded plot lines or new B-plots/mini arcs, which if handled poorly will feel like filler. At worst, it'll be straight up filler in the form of longer dungeons and time spent fighting monsters on the road. Contrast that to the Cold Steel arc, which aside from a little bit of padding in the second game, really was a 500 hour long story which required four games to tell.

Rather than padding out FFVII's story, I'd rather they integrate side stories into the game that the player can experience. Perhaps Cloud flashbacks to Zack's story, essentially playing through bits of Crisis Core. Think the Laguna segments from VIII. Square could also create playable segments featuring the other characters. If these sections were optionally, than that'd allow Square to create more content without botching the pacing of the main game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. FFVII was a 50 hour long game. If you account for the time it will take to traverse the world in the realistically proportioned 3D environments rather than zipping around across a condensed, abstract background, it might be 60+ hours. Depending on how they handle the overworld, that could be another 10 to 20 hours, but that'd still be a single 70-80 hour long game. I don't see how they could make it longer without adding new content. At best, the new content will be expanded plot lines or new B-plots/mini arcs, which if handled poorly will feel like filler. At worst, it'll be straight up filler in the form of longer dungeons and time spent fighting monsters on the road. Contrast that to the Cold Steel arc, which aside from a little bit of padding in the second game, really was a 500 hour long story which required four games to tell.

Rather than padding out FFVII's story, I'd rather they integrate side stories into the game that the player can experience. Perhaps Cloud flashbacks to Zack's story, essentially playing through bits of Crisis Core. Think the Laguna segments from VIII. Square could also create playable segments featuring the other characters. If these sections were optionally, than that'd allow Square to create more content without botching the pacing of the main game.
    Yup I agree indeed. I hate the fact it is episodic tbh...I wish they make it more truly open world like Witcher 3 or something similar to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about episodic, as long as the games is good, not my preferred option.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I couldn't care less about episodic, as long as the games is good, not my preferred option.
    Pretty much, as long as each "episode" or w/e they want to call it feels like a full game I don't care. People seem to be blindly assuming this means you will be 1/3rd of a game or w/e when that fact they're doing this tells me they want to add a lot more content to the game then VII originally had and explore each arc more in depth.

They can't blunder the first game, because then the sales for the 2nd will be lower. First game will sell well based on name value alone ofc but if a company is trying to sell you a trilogy they aren't going to deliberately try to make the 1st or 2nd parts of it poor because they want you to buy the entire thing.

Pretty much, as long as each "episode" or w/e they want to call it feels like a full game I don't care. People seem to be blindly assuming this means you will be 1/3rd of a game or w/e when that fact they're doing this tells me they want to add a lot more content to the game then VII originally had and explore each arc more in depth.

They can't blunder the first game, because then the sales for the 2nd will be lower. First game will sell well based on name value alone ofc but if a company is trying to sell you a trilogy they aren't going to deliberately try to make the 1st or 2nd parts of it poor because they want you to buy the entire thing.
    Knowing that the sales for each subsequent entry will be lower than the last, I fear Square Enix may try to squeeze in as many microtransactions into the first game as they can, as that will be their best chance to extract the most amount of money from the IP before everyone makes up their mind about whether or not they're going to buy the other two games.

Knowing that the sales for each subsequent entry will be lower than the last, I fear Square Enix may try to squeeze in as many microtransactions into the first game as they can, as that will be their best chance to extract the most amount of money from the IP before everyone makes up their mind about whether or not they're going to buy the other two games.
    Are you just making things up now? Because I can't think of any games coming from Square's JP studios that have MTX. Are we pretending they're Activision now?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and don't list legitimate DLC as MTX.

Are you just making things up now? Because I can't think of any games coming from Square's JP studios that have MTX. Are we pretending they're Activision now?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and don't list legitimate DLC as MTX.
    Define "legitimate DLC"