Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    I'm happy that interest for Classic seems huge, and I hope everything will be great going forward. But I do think it's a bit early to predict how popular playing Classic actually will be, as this is the very first day the beta has been out? As Prozach said, let's see how it's looking 6 months after Classic launch. I don't see how 100k+ people would be watching that content in the long term.. It's simply not that interesting Imo.
    i could see viewer spike again during AQ event. but that's a long way

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    none whatsoever
    Bajheera, Sco, remind me what they look like.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    See guys.. no one gives a flying shit about classic..

/s
    "You think you do but you don't"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Of course there will be interest at first. A greater measure of interest will be to see where it is in a month and then perhaps a couple of months after launch.

First/second day interest isn't very useful for long-term predictions.
    Same goes for launch. First week will be nuts. Test is what it looks like a month in.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't wanna slam Blizzard cause they finally released these servers, but I can't believe it took them 13 years to re-introduce classic. People begged for it litterally at the launch of TBC. Come on, they are so out of touch with players :/ I bet they don't even have employees skulking fansites like this, which they absolutely should.

Also, Asmongold is a pretty cool person, I'm really happy for him
    Doesn't want to bash them, but does.

Asmongold is my boy, literally, I helped him learn to raid back in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Same goes for launch. First week will be nuts. Test is what it looks like a month in.
    As others have said, it's a stupid metric to measure the popularity of a game. Some games are fun to watch. I enjoy playing WoW (usually) but find that watching someone stream it is uninteresting. For just about anything PVE it's a slower sort of game with a fair amount of down time between stuff that happens.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    this happened with uldir release and its mythic world first
    it also happened with uldir
    it also happened with BFA launch

ythisens pointed out that while yes this is amazing, its the norm, every time a NEW HUGE THING! comes out, people will flock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Bajheera, Sco, remind me what they look like.
    forgot to mention swifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm super stoked for classic, but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to watch other people play it. To each their own I guess /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I am most definitely not giving Blizz sub money for stuff I already cleared ages ago.

I want NEW content, with proper, modern graphics, and a new, interesting world full of unexplored lore and adventure. Facing Nefarian and Ragnaros is of no interest to me.
    You do realize that Blizzard is doing both right? A sub gives you access to Classic and the new content of BfA. Now if you want to say the content of BfA isn't interesting, that's fine, but it is NEW content with proper modern graphics and new unexplored lore and adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As others have said, it's a stupid metric to measure the popularity of a game. Some games are fun to watch. I enjoy playing WoW (usually) but find that watching someone stream it is uninteresting. For just about anything PVE it's a slower sort of game with a fair amount of down time between stuff that happens.
    Thats odd because i dont think classic is that great of a stream game, i think retail has more to offer in that sense. Yet asmongold hit 100k viewers today (the most he has ever had) streaming deadmines lol.

Lets see what happens at launch, its gonna be a sight to behold

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm super stoked for classic, but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to watch other people play it. To each their own I guess /shrug
    I'll be honest I feel the same way but I've been curious to take a peak at the streams and see just how slow the game play really is. That said, its pretty boring to watch for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Well the biggest reason at the moment is that classic is only available to a few people right now. So it's not like everyone else can go play it.

As for streaming as a whole, sometimes you love a game and want to be a part of it and it's community but don't currently feel like playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean if you look at just Asmongold's stream it smashed his BFA numbers on the first days.
    And this is the BETA and only 1-30 lol. I dont expect asmon specifically to break 100k again for launch tho because of how many big streamers will be playing it that day (shround, timthetatman, etc etc)

WoW was never the most entertaining game to watch. It's more interesting to play. Twitch amount of viewers doesn't mean much for that reason, but it indeed was #1 streamed game for awhile yesterday. I don't expect it to dethrone League and Fortnite though for the long-term. Different generation of gamers exists these days than back in 2004, and those games are more tailored directly towards PvP and/or eSports, which enjoys a lot of viewers generally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    WoW was never the most entertaining game to watch. It's more interesting to play. Twitch amount of viewers doesn't mean much for that reason, but it indeed was #1 streamed game for awhile yesterday. I don't expect it to dethrone League and Fortnite though for the long-term. Different generation of gamers exists these days than back in 2004, and those games are more tailored directly towards PvP and/or eSports, which enjoys a lot of viewers generally speaking.
    I agree that its impossible for WoW to be first "longterm" on Twitch

Anyway, this is a bad metric to check success...

Sodapoppin and Asmongold were streaming AT THE SAME TIME...60k viewers each. Thats like 86% of the 140k views WoW had at the time alone.

Suddenly Sodapoppin stopped streaming....and magically Asmongold gets 90-100k viewers....humm...bad metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I agree that its impossible for WoW to be first "longterm" on Twitch

Anyway, this is a bad metric to check success...

Sodapoppin and Asmongold were streaming AT THE SAME TIME...60k viewers each. Thats like 86% of the 140k views WoW had at the time alone.

Suddenly Sodapoppin stopped streaming....and magically Asmongold gets 90-100k viewers....humm...
    Ya they for sure share some viewers, but imagine whats gonna happen when shroud/timthetatman and summit decide at launch lol. Its absurd how many people are watching just the beta, this is surpassing almost every single new game launch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    Far, far more people watched the world first race for the last tier than this. It literally means nothing.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

That shows the value of classic for people.
    No it doesn't, it merely shows curiosity for something that's new and talked about a lot. Want confirmation? Look at Apex during February and look at it a month later.
    The value of classic will be determined based on how many people are actually still playing it after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Far, far more people watched the world first race for the last tier than this. It literally means nothing.
    Bro you do realize this is a 1-30 beta of a 15 year old game right lol? I suspect at full launch classic will have doubled the numbers bfa had at launch, which was around ~600k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    No it doesn't, it merely shows curiosity for something that's new and talked about a lot. Want confirmation? Look at Apex during February and look at it a month later.
    The value of classic will be determined based on how many people are actually still playing it after a month.
    Actually the launch is far more important, every game that isnt fortnite suffers a falloff as time goes on. BFA can fall all the way down to 20 or 30 on the most watched list depending on who is streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Bro you do realize this is a 1-30 beta of a 15 year old game right lol? I suspect at full launch classic will have doubled the numbers bfa had at launch, which was around ~600k.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the launch is far more important, every game that isnt fortnite suffers a falloff as time goes on. BFA can fall all the way down to 20 or 30 on the most watched list depending on who is streaming.
    Classics going to be no different dude. Like I said, this literally means nothing. It's going to have a large following now, by the end of next week at the latest it will drop like a rock. Launch might have a decent number, but same thing. It literally means nothing.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!