Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    ...that Thrall can be a farmer and it hasn't crumbled and fallen into the Twisting Nether,why the orcs don't want to move to their native homeland? Why instead they decide to starve in the middle of the desert,blame the others for their bad life conditions and instead of moving back,they decide to attack the night elven territories? For the sake of the conquest,because they can't live without the war?

Why the hell Thrall,who is being called a traitor,a non- orc by some god damn edge lords,who praise Garrosh, who was a warmongering moron such as hitler or stalin,actually gets it? Because he is what - weak,stupid, friendly to the Alliance? Or because he actually has some sense instead of unending anger and will to conquer and burn the things?
    But if they move, who will claim that the orcs need lumber for their mudhuts!!!

Only to use it to build more spikes on the towers lul
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    They could still go to AU Draenor, lots of space there... and this one isn't even falling apart...
    Well,Horde could go there,but then they would have to fight Yrel's fanatics,and the last time we met Yrel,she was an ally of the Alliance,so it just might take the current faction war to the alternative Draenor. Besides,im not sure if our universe's orcs would feel at home there - yes,it would look like their real homeland in the past,but in reality,they would always know,that they don't belong there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    How did Thrall get back to Nagrand in the first place? I thought the dark portal was out of use? How did Saurfang get there?
    /2 [Trade chat]: LF mage, WTB port to shatt, will pay.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It is slowly deteriorating as indicated by degrading wheat. It's basically a world existing on borrowed time. That's the whole point Saurfang initially tried to make.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. In fact, that gives me an idea. Maybe sometime in the future we can have an exodus from Outland to Azeroth. Netherdrakes, mag'har, good arakkoa, Ogri'la ogres, and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    How did Thrall get back to Nagrand in the first place? I thought the dark portal was out of use? How did Saurfang get there?
    Where did you get that impression? It was active from the time Lord Kazzak reignited it to the time the Iron Horde subverted it for their invasion. And even without it we now have mages who know its location in the Twisting Nether relative to Azeroth who can open temporary portals to it just about whenever they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well,Horde could go there,but then they would have to fight Yrel's fanatics,and the last time we met Yrel,she was an ally of the Alliance,so it just might take the current faction war to the alternative Draenor. Besides,im not sure if our universe's orcs would feel at home there - yes,it would look like their real homeland in the past,but in reality,they would always know,that they don't belong there.
    Can't feel at home in outland
    Can't feel at home in Draenor
    Can't feel at home in Azeroth
    Can't feel at home in Argus

Perhaps the draenei should loan them the vindicaar and the. Captain Mar....ahem....I mean, illidan could fly around with them searching for a home for them to invad.....err...decima....err...populate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    They could still go to AU Draenor, lots of space there... and this one isn't even falling apart...
    Yup. Just gotta deal with all them Breakers and Primals and ogres and magnaron. And of course those Lightbound who want to convert every other thing to the Light via brainwashing. Sure, let's move right in.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Did you see the wheat turn to dust when Saurfang touched it? Not all is well in Nagrand.
    THANK YOU at least some people noticed that "wheat" doesnt desintegrate/vanish/becomesdust in your hands, thats not normal,that means the elements are not ok, or probably are not there anymore. Plants can growth, but they will die and Blizzard show us the BEST/WELLSECURESTABLE zone on Outland, and its dying.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yup. Just gotta deal with all them Breakers and Primals and ogres and magnaron. And of course those Lightbound who want to convert every other thing to the Light via brainwashing. Sure, let's move right in.
    Oh so you are saying these warmongering toughguys are just cowards who are just chosing the low hanging fruit, eh?

Sorry, but they brought this on themselves. They are invaders, easily corruptable, bloodthirsty animals.

They had Aszhara uncontested since MoP. They could have build a huge harbor, established a trade fleet, made a living from trading and fishinig, but it seems actual labor is beneath them. Rather have some genocide, because that's just fun.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-17 at 05:56 AM.

...that Thrall can be a farmer and it hasn't crumbled and fallen into the Twisting Nether,why the orcs don't want to move to their native homeland? Why instead they decide to starve in the middle of the desert,blame the others for their bad life conditions and instead of moving back,they decide to attack the night elven territories? For the sake of the conquest,because they can't live without the war?

Why the hell Thrall,who is being called a traitor,a non- orc by some god damn edge lords,who praise Garrosh, who was a warmongering moron such as hitler or stalin,actually gets it? Because he is what - weak,stupid, friendly to the Alliance? Or because he actually has some sense instead of unending anger and will to conquer and burn the things?
    Nagrand is one small area, also i think you missed the start of the cinematic where the wheat crumbled under even the slightest touch, as saurfang said "it looks good... but its corrupt, broken."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Nagrand is one small area, also i think you missed the start of the cinematic where the wheat crumbled under even the slightest touch, as saurfang said "it looks good... but its corrupt, broken."
    Well he does have giant, world-cleaving hands, so there's probably no subtle way for him to touch anything these days.

Did anyone else get kicked right in the nostalgia hearing the Nagrand music? Had to log on an alt and kill some wildlife with Hemet Nesingwary <3 Nagrand

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but as i saw it it isn't as degrading as you think. He's an ork, and with his power, crushing it would actually result in exactly the same scene as we saw it there.

Still: yes, the weeds, and the whole world is broken; but it isn't in a state yet where this was an issue. I don't think that neither the Draenei or the Mag'har could live there if the state was this bad. Yes, the world will probably collapse in the future, but this will happen very slowly, i think that a few thousand years the outlands could still survive. But in the end, it's by far not a world where you can live forever.

Still: Azeroth is dying too, and it's probably faster dying than Outland right now.
    There's also bit where it's degrading purely by the wind and Saurfang isn't touching it. It zooms on the wheat and than on floating islands as Saurfang specifically says how Outland is dying and falling apart.

But I'm no wheat expert so I won't push that any further. Saurfang's statement should be enough though how Outland, and when I say Outland it's motlsy just Nagrand, isn't sustainable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. In fact, that gives me an idea. Maybe sometime in the future we can have an exodus from Outland to Azeroth. Netherdrakes, mag'har, good arakkoa, Ogri'la ogres, and so forth.
    I've always been proponent of that. That'd be an easy and elegant solution to refresh Orc's cast a bit. If we get ogres too, even better!

Let's be honest, it doesn't make much sense for those young orcs to stay there, while our main dudes are two old timers - Eitrigg and Saurfang.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-05-17 at 07:19 AM.

But it's not that everything is dark and withered like in Desolace - there's still a grass growing,herbs,trees...
    In Nagrand, sure. In Shadowmoon Valley, Netherstorm, Hellfire Peninsula, Blade's Edge Mountain and even a very large portion of Terrokar Forest, however... Nagrand is surrounded by sundered, barren wastelands, a dying swamp, active volcanoes and crumbling ruins from a long-gone empire. Why would you ever want to live there?

A small bit of nice looking land is fine for a small clan and a few nomads. It would never be enough to sustain a population as large as the Orcs. The memory of home isn't enough to get people by, especially not when they have a good thing going on Azeroth.

I'm surprised a lot of people think that Thrall exiled himself in shame. I was thinking that he actually decided to go back to the roots of his people, the land on which aggra was born and raised, the land of the shamans, in order to raise his son with the values which drek'thar and orgrim taught him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You mean to build more siege engines surely
    With spikes on them!!!! And towers!!! With tower spikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The grains do fall off in wind though, that's how plants naturally propagate right?
    Natural plants do that. Cultivated grain were selected in order to minimize that trait, otherwise at harvest time all the grain would be on the ground.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Outland. See how it is, yeah Nagrand has safe spots but otherwise it is dangerous all around, so it is a risk. In Azeroth they have the whole Kalimdor as a pretty safe area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I'm surprised a lot of people think that Thrall exiled himself in shame. I was thinking that he actually decided to go back to the roots of his people, the land on which aggra was born and raised, the land of the shamans, in order to raise his son with the values which drek'thar and orgrim taught him.
    There are many who consider him weak because he wants peace.
    Yet, if the Horde and Alliance leader would do what those want, pure war, Azeroth would die within days.

There are way too many threats going on to focus on self destruction through war. Proof of it is Sylvanas right now, she is obliterating the Horde, although I still think she´s being corrupted/played by the old Gods.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and it was in the hands of the original trolls that owned it.

mount hyjal and surrounding lands are the ancestral home of the dark trolls, who evolved into night elves.
    the night elves also drive out the dark trolls and other natives from their surroundings.

ashenvale is not mount hyjal too

mount hyjal, ashenvale, darkshore, felwood, winterspring, moonglade, azshara, these are night elf lands from the beginning.
    troll land

10+ Year Old Account
    all your other points are good.
    but outland is indeed falling apart. the weat fell apart by a slight touch.

and dont be so harsh on Garrosh, yes he was a "hitler"... sadly.
    but it is Sylvanas who is a total "stalin/mao".

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Wheat doesn't do that when touched, no. The only time wheat is so fragile like that is when it has been sun-blanched and the plant is near death, or if it's been infected by one of the many fungal/scale type diseases it can be hit with. Healthy wheat is pretty resilient to being handled, and it takes some effort to crumble it. This is of course assuming alien wheat functions anything like wheat in the real world.
    The grains we have have been bred over years to be more resilient. This could presumably be a wild type of grain that Thrall farms

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the night elves also drive out the dark trolls and other natives from their surroundings.

ashenvale is not mount hyjal too

troll land
    you can do a dumb meme about troll land all you want

but the night elves were dark trolls, it's their land since that time.