Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK was pretty decent but TBC was a pretty bad expansion. But I'm fine with them adding both as separate severs as long they dont ruin classic servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god no not WOTLK

I’d rather them just fix retail, but that probably won’t happen so I could live with wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    I'm with this guy. I want dungeons to be a crawl. Something like BRD used to be or BRS.

I wish Blizz would scrap the whole M+ timer thing, which incentivizes AOE rushing. Litter bosses in random areas with random trash packs, obstacles and puzzles in maze type dungeons with multiple paths. Have the reward based off of completion % instead of speed.
    It would be neat to see some randomization with the dungeons. I like M+ because of it thought it was just affixes. If the actual trash pack could change here and there depending on the boss that leading them, it would give incentive for groups to use a different strat each run. Even the layout could have some randomization, somewhat similar to Waycrest Manor but with more creativity.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'm not sure I want these things. TBC would be great, it was WoW at it's absolute best as they took a lot of the good aspects of Vanilla and iterated upon them, but WotLK was mediocre and in the end I'm not really interested in just playing through Vanilla, then TBC, then WotLK, etc. What I want out of Blizzard is for them to take a long hard look at what aspects of the original game worked, and what I'm saying here isn't that I want them to find out what everyone loved about the game but what aspects actually made people love the game, then use that to create a future project.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be so weird to hunt achievements on a wotlk server.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I don't want TBC or WOTLK. I want new content after Vanilla, but with the vanilla game design.

Hallway dungeons and aoe spamming (in wrath dungeons)? Flying? Naxx rehash? No thanks!

Compared to Vanilla both BC and Wrath are rather lackluster and the beginning of the death by a thousand cuts that this game has suffered in terms of quality.
    why wouldnt you want tbc?its just superior to vanila in every single way,theres like no downside i can think about....maybe flying removed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I loved classic WoW, but I genuinely preferred WoD over TBC.
    That's not even humanly possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC! yeah that would be cool WOTLK sounds good too. OR CLASSIC NEW CONTENT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I'd say it's more likely than not, classic only has so much content
    Same for every expansion though. Everything is going to grow old once you start playing it every day again. Which is why permanent legacy servers are always doomed for failure. Even the best content ever created only has ever so much replayability to offer before it turns stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Same for every expansion though. Everything is going to grow old once you start playing it every day again. Which is why permanent legacy servers are always doomed for failure. Even the best content ever created only has ever so much replayability to offer before it turns stale.
    Yeah it's why my guess is classic servers end up being rotation of old expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    That's not even humanly possible.
    Why? There are millions of players with millions of different opinions on what they like and believe to be best. Of those millions of people, there is guaranteed to be a few that enjoyed that content the most. Quit pretending like your opinion is the only one.

OMG, can't wait for classic Legion servers, so hyped to play that expansion all over again.

it's "if classic is popular enough"

which it won't be. it'll bring in a couple million a most at the start, then it'll dwindle to the point that it won't be seen as a success.

so while i hope for a wotlk server, i know that hope is in vain.

TBC is honestly a lot of what was good about vanilla coupled with actual decent class design and hybrid dps specs that aren't complete and total ass. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would absolutely play on a TBC server. It was when I started playing, and the game has never reached its height since.

Wotlk, though? Even as a lifelong DK main.... nah. As much nostalgia as I have for it, Wrath was when the rot started seeping into WoW's design, what with the hilariously easy 5-mans, and removal of unique class/spec niches (rip Spriest). There was also the excessive experimentation with raids: every single tier had a different set of difficulties, and ICC in particular was ruined by having at least 2 too many.

People seem to have forgotten how much complaining there was about the expansion (catering to the casuals, Wrath babies, etc) back when it was current content, too. Hell, the only reasons it's remembered fondly at this stage are because it was about Arthas, and that almost everything that's come after has been even worse.

I actually have no bloody idea how someone can like Vanilla and Wotlk, but not TBC.
    Last edited by EbonBehelit-; 2019-05-17 at 08:31 AM.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Hallway dungeons and aoe spamming (in wrath dungeons)?
    Yeah, I do love WotLK but it is clearly where the game design jumped the shark. I felt immortal in WotLK.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

If it brings in considerable moneys it will happen. It was estimated that Classic will boost subscription numbers and is worth investing in. How much more will BC/Wrath bring over that? When they were released subs jumped with millions. Do you think a Wrath repeat will do the same? I don't think so.

A great expansion following BfA could do it though.

TBC was the death of the MMO part of WoW, Classic+ the way ORS went is the way better option but TBC is the cheap cash in option so it's def the route blizzard will go.

TBC is vastly superior to vanilla. It has the vanilla core. Decked out with a more fleshed out endgame (Heroic Dungeons, Arena) And you dont need a roster of 50 people.