Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All races need more beards.

- - - Updated - - -

Worgen should have more victorian options.

All human races, Forsaken included, need some serious mage beards.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still believe that Stormwind Humans and Kultirans should have the thin version and Kultirans the Medium size too, so if you want to roll play as a medium size Kultiran you can or a thin stormwindian you could do it. Same with Wildhammers, withered versions of Nightborne, more meaty Forsaken, Forest Troll, sand trolls, ice trolls, Giblins and full metal gnomes. There are ton of things that Blizzard can add, i just hope they decide to do it and not forget about that customization can bring more people to play.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    More is always good, but tbh I like WoW's customization more than any of the other popular MMOs that are out there right now so I'm not really complaining.
    Im genuinely curious as to what you are comparing it against. Because while BDO might not be the most amazing game, its customization is so far and beyond WoW and more games are shifting to that as a standard. A WoW character is constructed in under 4 minutes generally. I have some characters in other games that ive spent over 2 hours.
    Last edited by Isilarya; 2019-05-17 at 05:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ielenia
    They added other character models.
    fixed that for you.
    Ielenia
    All of those "because it's nice" and/or "because it's the right thing to do".
    Rather second and I'd not have taken up overwhelming work to explain in this particular case meaning of word "right", because it's rather conditional than defined fixed concept and this is its biggest and main drawback.

Isilarya
    Im genuinely curious as to what you are comparing it against. Because while BDO might not be the most amazing game, its customization is so far and beyond WoW and more games are shifting to that as a standard. A WoW character is constructed in under 4 minutes generally. I have some characters in other games that ive spent over 2 hours.
    Presets in these comparisons (if you look through links in that message... well, okay, I’ll take out complex sets stuff since druid already summed up warlock's works once here)
    BDO: <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7> <8> <9>
    Bonus: <1> <2> <3> <4>
    Also, recent funny 'coincidence?': <url>
    were made by friend in BDO once, during playing there, well, as I know, still doing, or just visit periodically, but as for me, it's somewhat a little too hardcore and at same time still somehow fairly limited because facial "emotional" frame and general head shape/body size and posture are also partly fixed there (mostly for armor and helmets fit properly), which limits flight of fancy. No, no, no, of course this is much better than what WoW has, I mean kit itself, but I'd prefer something more conventional and slider-like, something more in GW2 (especially considering how awesome character's prehistory is framed there) way or other similar analogues. Not everyone can get quite a digestible image with such (BDO) kit.

I’m sure that have seen small set of custom-examples from YouTube in their discussions, I'm going to find it now... yes, here they are:
    This is a small part of what Google offer:
    <Moonlight Blade Online> <NWN Online> <Core Online> <Skyforge> <Icarus Online> <EVE Online> <Chaos online> <Kabod Online> <Archeage> <Dark souls 3> <TESO> <GW2/+/+/+/+> <Tera Online> <FFXIV> <Aion> <Blade&Soul> <Vindictus> <BDO> <Dogma: Eternal Night> <Dragon's Dogma Online> <City of Heroes> <Silkroad Online> <Silkroad Online 2> <Ragnarok Online 2> <WildStar> <SWTOR>
    Last 2 games looks better than Blizzard probably due to the use of new technologies, but, in my opinion, also worthy of reprehensible (looks like SWTOR at least have different body types).
    (I gave few examples in my separate topic, but it's definitely more of them here and they're more appropriate, maybe only set is already slightly out of date + I didn't check every link, therefore I’m not sure in relevance, it's 3 year old message)

Also, some words about mods here.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-01-17 at 04:46 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    I still believe that Stormwind Humans and Kultirans should have the thin version and Kultirans the Medium size too, so if you want to roll play as a medium size Kultiran you can or a thin stormwindian you could do it. Same with Wildhammers, withered versions of Nightborne, more meaty Forsaken, Forest Troll, sand trolls, ice trolls, Giblins and full metal gnomes. There are ton of things that Blizzard can add, i just hope they decide to do it and not forget about that customization can bring more people to play.
    I agree. Especially about the thin humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer some kind of system to customize our armor, weapons, and so on beyond just transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    I only played around with BDO's character creator years ago but from what I remember it was humans, elves, and big humans. All of the sliders in the world can't make up for several slight human variants to me. It's like the equivalent of WoW only having humans, belves, and kul tirans. I don't care if I can move their nose up 50% or make it 40% bigger.

The only MMO character creators in recent memory I've been satisfied with are WoW, Guild Wars 2, and Wildstar.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think adding height sliders would be a good start, even if only by +/- 5%, and then a tone slider (body fat %), and then a weight slider (fat, muscly, skinny etc.). A height slider would be super easy to implement as wow doesnt even use any hit boxes. It's entirely cosmetic. It'd add just a little more variance in the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    This is a very important thing. People who don't support more customization options are in denial. I'm sorry. This game is leagues behind when it comes to customization. The devs need to step it up. We aren't in 2004 anymore. Pretty much every MMORPG has better customization than WoW. They really need to focus on adding more customization options for both core races and allied races. People love cosmetics. That's why people spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on skins in video games. Hopefully I'm not coming across as too extreme, I've just been very passionate about additional customization options for so many years and the devs have barely delivered. I love the golden eyes for blood elves, the Night Warrior option for night elves, and so on. We need to see more of that.
    Heh, WoW had outdated char customisation even back in the day it's released :P

On topic though, I don't really see them adding more customisation options to existing races, it's just that much more profitable to turn a handful of extra customisation options into an allied race, just look at HM cows or LF goats, both could be added as simple quest unlocks, you do a quest on your cow, then get blessed by Cenarius and unlock moose antlers for all of your cow chars, that's how HM cows came to be originally, or do a lightforging scenario on your space goat, you know, the one you do w/ T'paartos, and then get all the extra customisation options unlocked. But nope, they're added as separate races w/ just a handful of customisation options to them. And don't get me started on the quality of said customisation options, the same face syndrome that's supposedly gone w/ the char rework in WoD, is back. They even had a blog post bragging about it, like, the old faces had one set of geometry, but different textures, and w/ the rework it's possible to have various geometries for different faces, and they did add multiple face geometries to most races w/ the rework, but then they halfassed the rest, prob ran out of time, but new allied races pretty much universally suffer from the same face syndrome.

And players are satisfied w/ Blizz halfassing stuff, plenty of people are asking for additional allied races instead of a proper improvement of the customisation system, and I'm not talking about sliders like in ESO, there's plenty of games that use preset-based char customisation, for instance, FF14. Others say that customisation doesn't matter or isn't even needed at all because you never see your own char from the front beyond the login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats one dapper undead. I will approve of this, but only if we finally get properly transmoggable models for monocles, tophats, and monocle-tophat combos for all armor types.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why should Blizzard do anything they can't profit off? Why would they add mustaches to Undead for any reason besides "it's the right thing to do" or because "it would be nice"?
    i want the rich to suffer, and i want this cancerous ideology purged from this industry. god what i'd do to these people with just moment of power.

but yeah op, it'd be nice to have. really would like to see forsaken get elbows and knees, but at the same time i don't want anything that could be seen as catering to china's whims.

Yep, older races (and even new AR races) should be given more customisation options next expansion! They really need it, and it adds something nice to the game, making your character more unique. I'd take that over a brand new race without hesitation!

WoW has less and worse character customization options than some mobile games. It's a disgrace really.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Im still hoping for the Chinese undead models to be a customization option for undead.
    For those like me who cant stand the exposed bone at the joints / ugly as hell armor rips.
    I mean there is no material that rips in the way that the armor rips at the joins of the undead player models.
    Example of the undead model on the chinese client.

color wheels and body sliders need to happen and hopefully they will at some point.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why should Blizzard do anything they can't profit off? Why would they add mustaches to Undead for any reason besides "it's the right thing to do" or because "it would be nice"?
    Adding customization, as Blizzard have done many times in WoW's history is profitable, that's why they keep doing it. It increases players retention and sometimes even brings people back to the game. There have been several examples in BfA alone. Not sure why you're acting as if this fairly routine thing is and outlandish and insane request.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    color wheels and body sliders need to happen and hopefully they will at some point.
    They won't happen unless WoW is rebuilt from the ground up, at least in terms of character models and animations. That could happen, but please note that we still don't even have modern models for all race quite yet, so we're likely looking at 5 years or more before it even might.

WoW will probably be less profitable by then, unless Classic has massive sustained impacts, so it is unlikely that it will ever happen. Sorry. Its a fine idea, just a huge effort to implement in a game not designed for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Heh, WoW had outdated char customisation even back in the day it's released
    Very true. DAoC and EQ2 and arguably FFXI made it look retro back in 2004 in a number of ways.

But whatever we think about that, WoW's continual success despite the character models has proved that they are of limited importance. One complicating factor is animation. Most other games have gone for generic animations used by all characters of one gender, regardless of race, others one set of animation for all. They make up for it with good models and more class specific animations.

But WoW has race specific animations, and I think we acn argue that maybe people find those more important than good face and body customization, based on the evidence. You certainly notice them more when zoomed out and armoured up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    But WoW has race specific animations, and I think we acn argue that maybe people find those more important than good face and body customization, based on the evidence. You certainly notice them more when zoomed out and armoured up.
    TBF, right now they're shifting to class- and weapon-specific animations, so newer animations are shared by all races. There's some leftover race-specific stuff, but it's getting phased out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Customization is proberly the last thing we need xD

Sure, it does not hurt anything and i would love to have some awesome dreeds on my troll, but that is not something that will make me enjoy the game much more.

So on a tier list of what is really needed in WoW to make me enjoy the game, customization of the player character is VERY low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You basically just invalidated updated player models, the expansion of hairstyles available to each particular race, etc.
    .........Is there anything wrong in that?

Like, i can easily understand if somebody thinks that updating models and adding new looks is a waste of their sub.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    .........Is there anything wrong in that?

Like, i can easily understand if somebody thinks that updating models and adding new looks is a waste of their sub.
    Maybe. But it's a completely different point altogether, since the one I originally responded to said Blizzard doesn't add customization options "because it's nice and/or the right thing to do."
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Forsaken should be able to have white, grey, brown, and ginger hair colors with also a blue or red eyes option with or without the glow
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."