Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So another 4 years until game actually gets into phase where it was designed - wotlk?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

There's no way they won't. It's an easy way to get people to sub to WoW. The more options / versions people can play or switch between only helps Blizzard at the end of the day.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why wouldnt you want tbc?its just superior to vanila in every single way,theres like no downside i can think about....maybe flying removed
    Let's see:

1) Flying, which kills open pvp, makes travel trivial and destroys the feeling of exploration and danger because you just fly over everything anyway, untouchable in the sky, it was added as a novelty back then, little did the devs consider the grave repercussions.

2) Hallway dungeons with 3 bosses. Compare Hellfire Ramparts (or any other TBC dungeon) to something like Blackrock Depths, Stratholme, UBRS, Scholomance etc. It's clear dungeon design changed in TBC. And not for the better! From epic sprawling mazes to short dungeons with few bosses and only one way to go: forward.

3) Pink spaceships and the story which was dumb and bad. Killing off Kael'thas because hurr durr he went evul and the same goes for Illidan. Fuck TBC's 'story'.

4) Welfare epics through Arena and Badge gear. TBC was when epics no longer were epic, but instead handed out like candy.

5) 25 man raids instead of 40 man raids. Plain and simple I prefer larger groups.

And some other things I've forgotten about at this point.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-05-17 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Let's see:

1) Flying, which kills open pvp, makes travel trivial and destroys the feeling of exploration and danger because you just fly over everything anyway, untouchable in the sky, it was added as a novelty back then, little did the devs consider the grave repercussions.

2) Hallway dungeons with 3 bosses. Compare Hellfire Ramparts (or any other TBC dungeon) to something like Blackrock Depths, Stratholme, UBRS, Scholomance etc. It's clear dungeon design changed in TBC. And not for the better! From epic sprawling mazes to short dungeons with few bosses and only one way to go: forward.

3) Spaceships and the story which was dumb and bad. Killing off Kael'thas because hurr durr he went evul and the same goes for Illidan. Fuck TBC's 'story'.

4) Welfare epics through Arena and Badge gear. TBC was when epics no longer were epic, but instead handed out like candy.

5) 25 man raids instead of 40 man raids. Plain and simple I prefer larger groups.

Aaaaaand..i still prefer TBC ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it if they did TBC.

WotLK was the beginning of the downfall (you could argue the end of TBC was).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Aaaaaand..i still prefer TBC ..
    What is it that you like more about TBC? About the only thing I could think of is that some specs are more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Hmm, that's a very unpopular opinion. You saying that vanilla, TBC and WoTLK are not good?? You do realize you wouldn't have had any subsequent expansion if the first 3 weren't very good? This game reached its peak in WoTLK and it's been on a steady decline ever since Cata.
    He's saying TBC, and WotLK, not Vanilla. Also, it sounded to me that he's aware of that. Just his opinion.

Why would you want WotLK? xD This is where everything bad started.

Let's see:

3) Pink spaceships and the story which was dumb and bad. Killing off Kael'thas because hurr durr he went evul and the same goes for Illidan. Fuck TBC's 'story'.

I'm all in for them to tackle TBC and change a couple of things here are there that affect gameplay. Although Flying didn't really kill open PvP. I still remember PvP being really common in popular quest hubs, zone objectives, daily zones, dungeon and raid entrances, etc. It wasn't that bad, just 1 part of the equation. To me, the moment they gave players the complete package of tools to be able to do everything from within a city is when open/world PvP died.

Can't wait for a legacy WoD/Legion server!

Like everyone and their dog I'm going to give Classic a go, but personally I'd rather play through the Vanilla content using either TBC or WotLK class design.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm all about BC servers. That's actually one of the main reasons that I hope Classic is successful. I figure maybe if Classic is wildly successful, Blizzard will take a look at BC.

Of course, I'm excited about Classic as it is, but I think BC was far superior to Classic, and it was the highest point of the game for me. I'd really love to play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I'm all in for them to tackle TBC and change a couple of things here are there that affect gameplay. Although Flying didn't really kill open PvP. I still remember PvP being really common in popular quest hubs, zone objectives, daily zones, dungeon and raid entrances, etc. It wasn't that bad, just 1 part of the equation. To me, the moment they gave players the complete package of tools to be able to do everything from within a city is when open/world PvP died.
    This. Some of the most fun I had with world PvP was in BC and Wrath (those expansions where flying supposedly "killed" world PvP). If anything, a big chunk of world PvP that I did was either 1) switching to my main to come out and stomp someone who ganked my alt or 2) going to help a guild member/friend who was being camped. Both of those things required me to get to wherever the action was happening, and I could get there quicker and easier with flying mounts. I also used to keep my main "parked" in the air, hovering over a zone where I was questing on my alt. If my alt was getting ganked, I could pop over to my main, swoop down, and take care of the problem.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-05-17 at 01:48 PM.

What is it that you like more about TBC? About the only thing I could think of is that some specs are more competitive.
    Better question is, what I don't like about TBC.

I don't like flying. But that's it.
    I think both world and quest design is better in TBC compared to Vanilla. And while dungeons are indeed linear and feel ..well, very different compared to Vanilla, i don't mind it. I like TBC reputations, hunter pets even raiding. Yes, killing main characters wasn't really cool if you look at it now, but meeting them in raid was cool back then. Also class design was in much better place.

I would love, if they could introduce TBC without making old world useless.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was fairy obvious they would lean towards this. If Classic is classed as successful, adding MAU's and more WoW Subscribers over a period of time then it would be a pretty obvious direction to go. I think TBC and WotLK are the main two they would consider as I'm sure sub numbers were still rising at those points and Blizzard has already talked about it and is quite likely already planning out how to go about TBC Servers.

Personally I would like to see and play MoP again and I already have a fondness for Legion but when you think of it like that it's a question of how far do you go. At the end of the day I experienced TBC onwards and I'm more interested in new content. I remember doing group quests in TBC in Shadowmoon, having to wait for someone to go back to Orgrimmar to respec to healer to come back to do this quest and I honestly don't miss it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Let's see:

I mentioned flying,and i dont agree with dungeons,variety is bad now?tbc had big dungeouns also,but blizz just gave up on extreme ones like blackrock but personaly i like the rly big ones,story issues is subjective vanila had none of it almost,the badge epics werent rly that many or strong,ony when sunwell came out they added good ones and more,but it was the very end,it wasnt as bad as wrath,and 25vs40 again is kinda subjective preference

I do hope we get TBC and WotLK one day (as separate options). I started playing in early WotLK and only started raiding when ICC was already out, so I'd love to experience TBC content as well as early WotLK raids while current.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    WoD servers fingers crossed
    While I actually wouldn't mind if it eventually got to WoD one day, despite all the shit it got it had really good raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If anything, a big chunk of world PvP that I did was either 1) switching to my main to come out and stomp someone who ganked my alt or 2) going to help a guild member/friend who was being camped. Both of those things required me to get to wherever the action was happening, and I could get there quicker and easier with flying mounts.
    Oh my god, thanks for reminding me so many funny moments! Parking mains was so hilarious, Hellfire Peninsula and Borean Tundra were borderline warzones back then.

I don't think making TBC/WotLK servers should take as much time, considering that most of their content is still in-game so that it doesn't need to be remade like Classic. So I'm hoping to see these realms soon once Classic ahs alsted long enough. I do still like the idea of a Classic+ where they go with Classic in a different direction, rather than continueing with expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    So tipsout had an interview with the classic wow devs and towards the end he asked them about the possiblities of tbc and wotlk, and this is what they had to say

https://youtu.be/O3b423uqrdo?t=925
    at 15:25

personally i want tbc and wotlk more than classic and the idea that those 2 could actually come one day is blowing my mind with excitement
    I actually hope they never release TBC or Wotlk classic.

1. This will in many ways just further split up the overall wow community, but it'll especially hurt the Classic community.
    2. How would they even handle TBC Classic? Everyone levels from lvl1? Fine. But most people will ask for transfers which have like a billion of potential issues.
    3. Vanilla WoW is a unique game. The game's main focus is on leveling and on general RPG gameplay. TBC, Wrath and all expansions after follow basically the same formula where you get extra 5-10 levels, then you're at max lvl and do the same type of competitive content with a different layout and different class design (daily areas, dungeons, raids, arena). TBC, Wrath and BfA are way more similar than most people would like to admit. I've just recently played TBC and Wotlk and while there are clear differences in class design, outside of that it is very similar to current in most ways. Vanilla on the other hand is an entirely different game.

IMHO what they should do instead is just use their scaling tech in BfA and just scale up all the expansions to max level and give all of them their own (but easy) progression paths. And of course they should make the classes fun again.

I personally love flying, I do feel blizzard missed an opportunity for some aerial combat, such as being able to throw storm hammers from a gryphon at opposing players.
    Classic thankfully doesn't need flying