Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This was humiliating defeat for sylvanas army. Thrall blocked unarmed the rogue like a joke. I don't understand how the second rogue died, saurfang didn't even touch him, it seems like he casted a spell like a hadouken. The first rogue was a joke too, saurfang blocked him unarmed too and killed him with a tree...
    Her, and he snapped her neck.

Tbh, saurfang could have just flexed his muscles and the shockwaves released from that act would have been enough to kill the rogues. It just needed to be good for cinematic!

7+ Year Old Account
    This was humiliating defeat for sylvanas army. Thrall blocked unarmed the rogue like a joke. I don't understand how the second rogue died, saurfang didn't even touch him, it seems like he casted a spell like a hadouken. The first rogue was a joke too, saurfang blocked him unarmed too and killed him with a tree...
    snapped their neck, not a haudoken
    a fence post, not a tree....

my dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he grabbed her right as she hit the ground and snapped her neck.

that was the twisting motion with his hand.

why a snapped neck would kill a forsaken? rule of cool.
    same reason it would kill a human, snapping the neck means the rest of the body stops working.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    More importantly, why would Sylvanas send such incredible chumps to kill someone as powerful as either Thrall or Saurfang...much less both of them at once?

There's no way she's that stupid.....but maybe the writers are. Or maybe they think the players are stupid enough to believe such bad writing. Who knows? It gets real meta real fast.
    they sent to kill thrall, saurfang followed them and he knew about them
    if thrall was alone they would have been able to kill him possibly, as saufang knew they were coming so he was prepared, thrall was not
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    same reason it would kill a human, snapping the neck means the rest of the body stops working.
    i don't think we've seen a human live as just a head(though maybe, if that old russian scientist did some shit in secret, instead of just using monkeys.)

we have seen a forsaken do just that.

and be cut in half, with no apparent paralysis or negative effects from a severed spine.

if something can live as just a head or with a severed spine, and be put back together and work like new, a neck snap is NOT going to kill it.

if thrall was alone they would have been able to kill him possibly, as saufang knew they were coming so he was prepared, thrall was not
    See my later post about how incompetent the assassins were. I mean...Thrall just grabs the one by the wrist and stops her cold. And of all the other ways they could have attacked, they chose broad daylight with the two most powerful living orcs in close proximity of each other, and still gave away their positions before attacking.

So even if Saurfang had not been there, those assassins would have chosen some equally stupid and incompetent method of attacking Thrall, and would have failed just as hard.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-05-16 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar to getting attacked in Elwynn forest on your 120.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    How we know both assassins were actually under-level:

• Noob assassin picks unsteady, loud terrain that gives away her position. That's amateur.
    • Wearing Bloodfang set hood: another indication of being low-level scrubs.
    • Being followed by a warrior. Low level stealthed creatures are easier to spot, which Saurfang does in every instance.
    • Trying to hit higher level targets often results in a large percentage of missed attacks(attacking thrall) or no damage(attacking Saurfang).
    • Getting hit by higher level targets often results in taking more damage. Both assassins die in one hit.

Am rogue can confirm.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

The rogues look awfully fresh for undead, so probably recently raised night elves. Now as for why they were killed so easily I have a theory, fresh undead aren't as durable as the older counterparts. The body still clings to life in a manner of speaking, it can't knit itself back together like older undead. The durability of the undead comes with age, as the body decays it becomes stronger and harder to kill. The trade off though is the body keeps deteriorating, that durability is going to fade as the body decays.

How we know both assassins were actually under-level:

• Noob assassin picks unsteady, loud terrain that gives away her position. That's amateur.
    • Wearing Bloodfang set hood: another indication of being low-level scrubs.
    • Being followed by a warrior. Low level stealthed creatures are easier to spot, which Saurfang does in every instance.
    • Trying to hit higher level targets often results in a large percentage of missed attacks(attacking thrall) or no damage(attacking Saurfang).
    • Getting hit by higher level targets often results in taking more damage. Both assassins die in one hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Saurfang followed the assassins to Thrall. Implying that they weren't there until recently. If the assassins were on stakeout, how would Saurfang follow them? They'd have been there for quite some time.
    I mean, dying in one hit is totally reasonable. The Orcs were twice as big as the Forsaken and probably packed five or six times the muscle mass, and Saurfang is renowned for his strength and martial prowess. He should be able to break them like a twig if he gets his hands on them.

Rogues that can turn completely invisible somehow being tailed by a massive green dude with not much knowledge in subtlety, in terrain with no hiding spots? Yeah, on that one I got nothing. Same for sending only two assassins when Sylvanas has evidence Saurfang can solo an entire squad of Forsaken + a Dark Ranger, and Thrall is if anything potentially more powerful.

I would imagine brain function for higher level forsaken is necessary and snapping the neck would remove that. Much less you really can't fight with a broken neck.

The forsaken in the cinematic are better than the in-game model by far, even better than Nathanos
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Broken neck, even for an undead, probably means you can't move anything from the neck down anyway. So dead or not, not that much of a threat.
    Anyway that's Saurfang with his hand being twice the size of the undead's head, he could have broken his skull in the same movement.

Regarding the tactics, I think Broken-Neck was here for a diversion while the main attacker was after the main target of this ambush. Meaning Saurfang was the main target. The one attacking Saurfang had poison on his blades, not the other one. They wanted to kill Saurfang but not necessarily Thrall.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

That's not rule of cool, that's a very basic trope of undead slaying that literally goes back thousands of years IRL. We never seen a forsaken survive decapitation AFAIK. Neck snapping is functionally nigh identical to decapitation, especially with gigantic orc hands like Saurfang, which probably moved the vertebrae pretty far.

Lots of rule of cool in WoW but not there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The forsaken in the cinematic are better than the in-game model by far, even better than Nathanos
    That's true of at least 9 out of 10 races shown in the cinematics.

you CLEARLY have no grasp on who those two orcs are GTFOH lol

5+ Year Old Account
    To be fair... Saurfang use to be such a badass. He was the chuck norris of Wow pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unarmed Cleave.

It's Saurfang, after all.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Because Sylv just sits there and thinks, "Hey, you know what, I bet two low level assassins could handle Saurfang. Yup. That's a solid plan!"

The ONLY way this makes sense is if Sylvanas WANTS Thrall back in the horde, and decided that paying two disposable minions was worth it. That brings up some interesting possibilities. Why would Sylv want Thrall back? What purpose does that serve for her?
    The writers at Blizzard and by extension Sylvanas just play 4D chess, you will see it all makes sense..

Saurfang just used his Sudden Death proc to Execute unarmed, he's that good. And his AP is huge, so typical 1shot on scrubs.

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't the other one die by getting thrown into a wall? Worst... undead... assassins....ever... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

snapped their neck, not a haudoken
    a fence post, not a tree....

my dude

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Forsaken's bodies by default don't work... There is no flesh on their elbows for god's sake.. They work with magic. They don't need blood flow to their brains to be able to live.