Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Zandalari are still powerful enough that Sylv wanted them so I think you are underestimating them
    Twas brillig

This was the final straw for a friend of mine who had been playing since december 2004, and had two accounts. He cancelled his subs. His subs were still active while we play FFXIV, waiting for BFA to stop being shit. Buuut... It's too obvious at this point, the Horde bias.

-Mounts: Alliance get horses and gryphons. Horde get unique and new models.
    -Quests (110-120): An enjoyable experience all the way through for horde, and a good main questline for alliance, but garbage non-story quests (looking at you Stormsong side quests).
    -Narrative attention of factions: 3 high def cinematics for Saurfang, but one wow-model render video for Darkshore, one quest-line, and "we're done with Tyrande this expansion". What do horde get for quests? Intriguing quest-lines involving Saurfang with choices - something unheard of. But nothing interesting like that for alliance.

It gets worse. Most alliance players were like "wtf is going on" relating to Uldir, because a majority of the story content was for Horde only, and to make matters worse, the MOTHER talk with Bronzebeard has been bugged since like, release day. (Is it fixed????)

More narrative points: What does the alliance have to show for BFA? One of the alliance allied races is just fat human. The alliance regained Darkshore, but still no Azshara or Ashenvale reclamation, which has been lost since Cata. Gilneas? Ruins. We didn't get to nuke a capital, Sylvanas did it, herself.

Oh, I can hear the retorts about the Zandalari, now. "But Dazar'Alor!" What about Dazar'Alor? We killed a king who had become so complacent and dumb, that he had death flags written all over him since day one of BFA, sacrificed a huge army to do this, lost some of the fleet, and then fled the city. What a non-victory.

Will there be any retribution for any of this? Nope. Sylvanas isn't going to be a boss, and it looks like the faction war is done as of 8.3. And I can bet money that Tyrande is just going to magically forget all this bs, the same way the Vindicaar hasn't come into the war.

EDIT: How could I FORGET this. The FLIMSY excuse for the Nightborne joining the Horde. I get why Thalyssra is mad, but to outright JOIN the faction that is gearing up to wage war with your cousins, many of whom poured their hearts into helping your people, is beyond fucked.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I remeber joking that blizzard would would try to handwave Teldrassil away because they weren’t mature enough to actually write about it, now they stand in the aftermath and go “well shit, it was a cool pre patch but I don’t like the implications , just say it was all Sylvanas or Ignore it entirely”
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    If you think about this a little more....compare it to Suramar. Sure, Suramar had suffered in Legion quite a bit, but it was still powerful. Suramar had the option to join either factions; they were not at odds with either of them. Yet, Thalyssra threw herself to the ground, kissed Sylvanas' feet and swore the "Oath of service".

The Zandalari are in total shambles after BoD. They have no forces left worth mentioning and face considerable dissent amongst themselves and against their new ruler, who is a TEENAGER. They are in an incredibly weak possition and have litterally NOTHING to offer to the Horde...yet, they know the Alliance will probably still be pissed that they allowed the Horde to use Zandalar as a staging ground for their scourge-attacks on Kul'Tiras. And despite all that Talanji gets away with giving Sylvanas this bullcrap?

How?

Why?

What the fuck?

The Nightborne really show how much the Blizzard devs hate Nightelves in general.
    Zandalari got away with it precisely because they DO have enough to give to the Horde for Sylvanas to shut the hell up and take a deal with Tapanji.

I also like how Blizz always are saying that there's A LOT going on, so it's hard/impossible for them to write multiple concurrent stories that involve different characters, so they have to focus on one thing at a time. But in reality what they're talking about is just a 30min long quest chain, and there's one or even two(!) of those per major patch.

The abundance of action, story or char development Blizz writers are talking about in all of these interviews is hardly reflected in the game itself.

-- edit

I'm still salty because of 11 weeks of gated broken shore campaign before ToS opening back in Legion, 1-3 very VERY short quest per week :V But that quest chain was PRed like a huge amount of story content :V Yeah...
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-05-17 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I remeber joking that blizzard would would try to handwave Teldrassil away because they weren’t mature enough to actually write about it, now they stand in the aftermath and go “well shit, it was a cool pre patch but I don’t like the implications , just say it was all Sylvanas or Ignore it entirely”
    I remember that post, it was well written and it made me weep.

Ahahaha, i honstly feel for the poor ne players at this point. Ofc Darkshore was such a great revenge, with Delaryn n Sira joining the forsaken for the most laughable reason imaginable, and not even one major horde horde character dying. Bet every single ne player is soooo satisfied.
    No matter how much the GoT writers suck, Blizz manages to out-suck them.
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-05-17 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    EDIT: How could I FORGET this. The FLIMSY excuse for the Nightborne joining the Horde. I get why Thalyssra is mad, but to outright JOIN the faction that is gearing up to wage war with your cousins, many of whom poured their hearts into helping your people, is beyond fucked.
    What? Tyrande essentially told the FA to "jog on"?
    At the end of the day the choice was between the Blood Elves & the Night Elves. They decided they had more in common with the sin'dorei

Will agree with you though, NE writing is FUCKING HEINOUS
    The NE's that were a part of the WoA saga are NOTHING like the in-game variants. They're gimp AF, not ruthless like they use to be.
    Of the opinion that the NEs should've at-least routed the Horde forces in Darkshore, pushed them into Ashenvale, and at minimum sacked Zoram'Gar (maybe retaken Astranaar, well .... whats left of it)
    Last edited by J012D4N; 2019-05-17 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    There was a lot of people pouring their hearts into the rebellion in Suramar, but aside from one druid it certainly wasn't the night elves.

But I'm sure you would have been fine with the Nightborne joining the Alliance and warring against their OTHER cousins.

I guess she gets her revenge at the story that will be told on the books about darkshore. Thats the problem lately, you wont get the full understanding of the game lore playing it unless you go out of your way to buy books or other media. Thats stupid if you ask me

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I remember that post, it was well written and it made me weep.
    honestly the best thing about this expansion is that it reminded me I have other games to play.

I think the only people that are happy by this xpac are the orc players who think they are good people because they can shout honor until they drown out the screams.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. Is it too early to post expansion concepts for 9.0?

You have to understand, Blizzard is a small indy game company barely making ends meet. To compound this insurmountable obstacle they only have on average a scant 3+ months between patches with minimal content. There’s no logistical way for a small, little baby raccoon company like Blizzard to actually flesh out a coherent story that makes their playerbase feel immersed and respected while maintaining such an aggressive schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hey guys. Is it too early to post expansion concepts for 9.0?
    No, just pretend it is a leak

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There was a lot of people pouring their hearts into the rebellion in Suramar, but aside from one druid it certainly wasn't the night elves.

But I'm sure you would have been fine with the Nightborne joining the Alliance and warring against their OTHER cousins.
    Well, strictly speaking, the Nightborne coming out of 10,000 years of isolation and immediately attaching themselves to *either* of the constantly-warring factions was pretty stupid in itself, but you know, allied races were promised, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I guess she gets her revenge at the story that will be told on the books about darkshore. Thats the problem lately, you wont get the full understanding of the game lore playing it unless you go out of your way to buy books or other media. Thats stupid if you ask me
    Why is everyone going on about Tyrande getting her revenge? How about the FUCKING NELF PLAYERS who need closure? What about them? The devs put them through the worst ordeal any player race has been put through and then they just leave them to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Why is everyone going on about Tyrande getting her revenge? How about the FUCKING NELF PLAYERS who need closure? What about them? The devs put them through the worst ordeal any player race has been put through and then they just leave them to die.
    Trying to please the nelf players is an uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Night Elves are just a convenient punching bag to give humans something to wage war over without having to show initiative or moral dimensions and noblesavage sadorcs something to cry over to initiate the annual purge of the Horde's roster. This expansion is a carfire.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No, just pretend it is a leak
    Nobody would believe it is a credible leak. It would be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Trying to please the nelf players is an uphill battle.
    Well, Blizz can start by doing, well, *anything* for the NE in-game, that bit is important: in-game, not in novels or whatever, in the game.

I don’t expect even payback, since burning the NE capital city is a tough act to beat, but at least a token effort that isn’t hijacked by humans to show how awesome they are would be nice.