Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Welcome to 2019, where the paying customers are second class shitstains compared to "influencers". Happening all around in the gaming industry, they get to play games earlier, for free, and even getting paid for advertising it. Nothing new under the sun.
    simply outrageous! they should be spending millions of dollars on traditional television ad campaigns, not a couple thousand on streamers who likely have a wider reach and much more advertising appeal because it is interactive and such.
    how DARE they spend your $9.99 on letting shroud create a character in the classic beta and then not even play the game!

you should write a very strongly worded letter to the heads of activision blizzard and let them know what poor, poor financial decisions they are making.

(lol good grief are people really this jealous?)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard looked at your raid progress this time around. There's a link on Reddit that said that if you completed curve achievements all the way through OR were an influencer you were put in the pool. I.E. No bads.
    lol that's obviously not true. A friend of mine that has literally zero curve achievements and isn't an influencer in any way got in.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Kind of annoying I've been playing since 2004, supporting Blizzard over the years including many of their other games, and because I'm not a streamer I don't get beta access to Classic.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes, Blizzard is a company. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything. But they weren't always like that.
    Yeah right, 10 years before they would've given Out 5000 keys to 50000 people.... Have you ever thought that there a less keys out there than old Accounts + testing should not be done by only one demographic.

It is beyond me how you couldnt come up with this reasoning yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    lol that's obviously not true. A friend of mine that has literally zero curve achievements and isn't an influencer in any way got in.
    What is more likely? A scrub like you having a friend? Or that the link on Reddit is wrong.
    Lets be clear here. I'm not even asking about your friend playing wow and having no achievements.
    I am questioning if you even have a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is more likely? A scrub like you having a friend? Or that the link on Reddit is wrong.
    Lets be clear here. I'm not even asking about your friend playing wow and having no achievements.
    I am questioning if you even have a friend.
    You seem like a lovely person, I'm sure you'll do fantastically in Classic where reputation is supposed to matter again. You can believe what you want (Hey did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?) but I KNOW that your claim is false. Curve in modern WoW would be a hilariously bad and stupid metric for choosing who got into a beta for classic. That doesn't even stand up to half a second of thought. It's completely random dude, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's not just streamers that got beta access though, so your argument kind of falls apart there.

RNG is RNG.
    True but I went on twitch last night and every single streamer who plays wow had classic, even less popular people.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You seem like a lovely person, I'm sure you'll do fantastically in Classic where reputation is supposed to matter again. You can believe what you want (Hey did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?) but I KNOW that your claim is false. Curve in modern WoW would be a hilariously bad and stupid metric for choosing who got into a beta for classic. That doesn't even stand up to half a second of thought. It's completely random dude, sorry to burst your little bubble.
    if you know so much then prove it. I have proof stating the pool. You have "but I KNOW that your claim is false." Seems pretty clear cut. Why does the internet always bring out the nuts. They get rekt with facts and the still disbelieve. Blizzard doesn't want scrubs, OK, lets choose people who have 125 pets. Seems legit.

I am genuinely sorry if you didn't reach the skill cap to get into beta, but please do not use your anger on those of us who actually know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Playing the game in 2004-2006 doesn't entitle you to the beta. If it did that would mean millions of beta testers.

Kind of annoying I've been playing since 2004, supporting Blizzard over the years including many of their other games, and because I'm not a streamer I don't get beta access to Classic.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes, Blizzard is a company. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything. But they weren't always like that.
    Since when did Closed Beta exist as a reward? It is there for TESTING. They will choose what is best for them for that goal. Everything else is just entitlement speaking.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Playing the game in 2004-2006 doesn't entitle you to the beta. If it did that would mean millions of beta testers.
    I think the idea is that he's been an active subscriber since then, not just played the game at that time. One could argue that 15-ish years of active subscription would be a great argument for guaranteed beta!

if you know so much then prove it. I have proof stating the pool. You have "but I KNOW that your claim is false." Seems pretty clear cut. Why does the internet always bring out the nuts. They get rekt with facts and the still disbelieve. Blizzard doesn't want scrubs, OK, lets choose people who have 125 pets. Seems legit.

I am genuinely sorry if you didn't reach the skill cap to get into beta, but please do not use your anger on those of us who actually know how to play the game.
    You're both delusional. Its not completely random, as that would make no sense. Testing would want many different types of players to cover as much of the game as possible. But it also isn't just choosing the "skilled" players to beta test their game. It's actually hilarious what some of you come up with.

Its random first time but since mop when I got alpha and ive been posting feedback ever since ive gotten all alphas and i got classic now and i stopped subbing like 4 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Its random first time but since mop when I got alpha and ive been posting feedback ever since ive gotten all alphas and i got classic now and i stopped subbing like 4 months ago.
    so u got beta but ur werent subbed to retail? so its possible?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

You have speculation from random people on reddit and you think that's proof of something? lol.

You don't have to be genuinely sorry for me, I'm in the beta, and it has nothing to do with my curve achievements, it has nothing to do with my cutting edge achievements, and it very likely has nothing to do with my '04 account. Random is random. Why would you think that curve of all things, which pugs get the first or second week that a raid is out would have ANYTHING to do with selecting who gets into a beta for WoW Classic? The reason why I *KNOW* that you're wrong is that the most casual of my casual friends who hasn't set foot in a raid since Karazhan is happily enjoying his beta access right now.

Seems a bit shitty.

entitled much? are you a millennial?

Unlucky, didn't get one either. Thats life

I understand ppl being salty though, especially die hard classic fans. Imagine waiting for something tangible for years now and finally the game is playable, but you can only watch while others are full on playing. Just have to deal with it.

Seems a bit shitty.

Why do you want in the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Unlucky, didn't get one either. Thats life

I understand ppl being salty though, especially die hard classic fans. Imagine waiting for something tangible for years now and finally the game is playable, but you can only watch while others are full on playing. Just have to deal with it.
    Yep, oh well.

I am sure most people don't want to hear that, but all these streamers are better for beta testing than 99% of the players.

Most players won't even really play the beta, because it is a beta and thus they know that all progress will be soon lost, so barely anyone will actually bother leveling up to 60, while most of the streamers will. Also streamers are constantly recording themselves.

It's fine that someone like sodapoppin is just playing the game, because this does also count as beta testing. If he finds a bug and doesn't report it, fine, someone will clip it and report it instead. And what's most important: Blizzard is constantly watching and they're collecting all kinds of statistics while these streamers are just playing. These statistics are what matters most in this beta.

Just hold on for 3 more months

But they weren't always like that.
    Because Twitch and content creation in general wasn't always like it is today. Over 100,000 people were watching Day 1 of a beta test for WoW. I feel for your position but Blizzard are never going to turn down that chance of promotion and awareness creation.

It's a long test. I'm sure there will be other waves and I suspect you're part of a group that stands a pretty good chance of getting in. Certainly for the stress tests.