Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dark Iron and Zandalari have the best chances if it happens since they both were on the main continents when that whole thing happened.
    And some Kul Tirans were in Lordaeron too.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Read what I wrote at the end of my post in which you posted in its entirety?
    I was responding to this

And while it's technically correct to say that Lich King could have had his minions procure the bodies of dead highborne/highmountain tauren to raise... it'd be incredibly unfair to the Alliance to give the Horde allied races that could be DK... while the Alliance is left with races that cannot.
    You named two Horde races that could be DK's and said it would be unfair to the Alliance because they "cannot". I pointed out they could easily give two of the Alliance races DK's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alz94 View Post
    Are us Death Knights ever going to get access to any of the Allied Races?
    At least you have several races to choose from already, we DHs literally only have 1 option per faction.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Maybe when the Lich King gets off his ass and does something useful in the Lore again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Maybe when the Lich King gets off his ass and does something useful in the Lore again.
    Well we could've had Bolvar putting moves on everyone but nooo... we had to have a wise-cracking troll in the fucking Lich King's stead. Slowclaps all around!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I was responding to this

You named two Horde races that could be DK's and said it would be unfair to the Alliance because they "cannot". I pointed out they could easily give two of the Alliance races DK's.
    Yeah, and you read the context of that, you'd see that I was talking about the four initial allied race that were "early access" with pre-ordering BfA: the nightborne and highmountain tauren (the two possible DK candidates), and the lightforge draenei and void elves (the two asspulls that cannot be DK candidates).
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

In my opinion every race should just be able to if they were known to have existed or been around when the Lich King came through. So I would expect potential high mountain taurens but 100% would think you could see a dark iron dwarf. The kul tiran humans traveled around a bunch and are roughly associated so you should see some. As for Zandalari trolls / void elfs / Mag har ...big doubt.

Meh, fun should take precedence over lore, especially considering the fact that the gameplay timeline is so fractured. If somebody wants to play an Allied Race DK, just let them. Have them spawn in SW or Org at level 58, and let the individual player fill in their own little backstory as to how they got that point.

Allied races for BfA suck, none of my fav classes available. No Demon Hunter. No Death Knight. No Paladin. No Druid.

I'm.talking the Elves; Void and Nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Meh, fun should take precedence over lore, especially considering the fact that the gameplay timeline is so fractured. If somebody wants to play an Allied Race DK, just let them. Have them spawn in SW or Org at level 58, and let the individual player fill in their own little backstory as to how they got that point.
    Agreed.

Who plays this game for the story ? LOL. WoW is just a hack and slash action RPG with multiplayer, it's not an RPG like Witcher 3 with a real story.

I could see them knowing next expansion is going to revamp the DK starting experience (befitting the new Lich King story), and just waiting to release DK as an option for EVERY allied race implemented throughout BfA. The idea of 20 vs. 55 starting holding them back seems like total bs imo... I don't really think anyone would complain if they made it so you didn't get heritage armor as a dk, or if you needed to hit 120 rather than 110 to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Wrong, Karen. Mag'har were around since TBC. Try again.
    But it is you who are wrong, Jeff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I suspect we'll be seeing some new Race/Class combos next expansion (Night Elf Paladins, for instance) and DKs for Allied Races will be among those. Fitting them in for any Allied Race (and/or Pandaren) wouldn't even be that hard either. Perhaps after this war, Bolvar sees that we need extra forces after the Alliance/Horde war to fight against the Void/Shadowlands/Dragonflights/etc and thus resurrects fallen Warriors of all playable races to be DKs. It wouldn't take much, particularly if it was combined with a level squish thus making the DK starting experience not as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    But it is you who are wrong, Jeff.
    Actually, Nancy, and to the other I quoted: Mag'har WERE in the game and lore as of TBC. I responded because that person's broad statement was "They weren't around" was false. They were. Now if by around he/she/it/they/them meant playable as they are now, then no they weren't but it wasn't specified. Thanks for playing Karen and Nancy.

edit: to quote

Mag'har orcs also cannot be death knights because, again, they literally didn't exist on Azeroth until now.
    And that's a falsehood, Nancy and Karen. Several Mag'har traveled through the Dark Portal, not a ton, but that's not my point. My point was the broad general statement saying Mag'har didn't exist on Azeroth until now is untrue.
    Last edited by Jericho21; 2019-05-17 at 08:09 PM. Reason: education

Considering the way the story is headed, I'm guessing they'll open up Death Knights to all races next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Actually, Nancy, and to the other I quoted: Mag'har WERE in the game and lore as of TBC. I responded because that person's broad statement was "They weren't around" was false. They were. Now if by around he/she/it/they/them meant playable as they are now, then no they weren't but it wasn't specified. Thanks for playing Karen and Nancy.

edit: to quote

And that's a falsehood, Nancy and Karen. Several Mag'har traveled through the Dark Portal, not a ton, but that's not my point. My point was the broad general statement saying Mag'har didn't exist on Azeroth until now is untrue.
    Does it really matter, it wasn’t hard to connect the dots that PLAYABLE mag’har weren’t around prior to the DK starting experience, like it or not, that’s the reason Mag’har DKs aren’t a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yes, I do. Why? Because we just did an expansion where we made a whole boatload of new Death Knights, several of which were us doing it ourselves. They should give the option to just make a Death Knight with any race and skip the starting zone at this point.
    I love how everyone ignores the things the DK order hall did during Legion, I was ordering new troups by the dozens and coverted some fallen heroes in my spare time. Not to mention all the shady shit Bolvar might do behind the scenes. Then there is the fact that Suramar City has been exiling people for decades and the lich king supposedly traveled the broken isles since his memories were there and iirc there was even a flavor text on a quest item that mentions his minions exploring there. We also don't know if undeath makes you immune to voidification, forsaken shadow priests certainly seem to able to enter void form fairly easily, so a DK or two might have been among the epic 2 dozen (that somehow cell divided into a hundred thousand) belfs that got converted.

All of it can be explained when shit like Draenei DK can be explained as well. It's all about Blizzard being lazy and not adjusting/enabling a low level start with the class. It wouldn't even be difficult, since you could just start at level 20 and unlock a couple basic abilities while leveling. After the intro you start with more than enough that it wouldn't be more jarring than the 3 abilities other classes get while leveling.. and before some twat whinges about questing as a DK of a new race: The cata leveling experience is NOT CANON for any allied race, get over it already. It's also not a problem with players being confused that they didn't get to experience the incredibly outdated DK starting experience (for skills that no longer exist), since people need to unlock allied races with (nearly) max level characters anyway.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-17 at 09:07 PM.

After Syl kills enough in a future expansion. Then again they maybe Dark Rangers by then lol.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I love how everyone ignores the things the DK order hall did during Legion, I was ordering new troups by the dozens and coverted some fallen heroes in my spare time. Not to mention all the shady shit Bolvar might do behind the scenes. Then there is the fact that Suramar City has been exiling people for decades and the lich king supposedly traveled the broken isles since his memories were there and iirc there was even a flavor text on a quest item that mentions his minions exploring there. We also don't know if undeath makes you immune to voidification, forsaken shadow priests certainly seem to able to enter void form fairly easily, so a DK or two might have been among the epic 2 dozen (that somehow cell divided into a hundred thousand) belfs that got converted.

All of it can be explained when shit like Draenei DK can be explained as well. It's all about Blizzard being lazy and not adjusting/enabling a low level start with the class. It wouldn't even be difficult, since you could just start at level 20 and unlock a couple basic abilities while leveling. After the intro you start with more than enough that it wouldn't be more jarring than the 3 abilities other classes get while leveling.. and before some twat whinges about questing as a DK of a new race: The cata leveling experience is NOT CANON for any allied race, get over it already. It's also not a problem with players being confused that they didn't get to experience the incredibly outdated DK starting experience (for skills that no longer exist), since people need to unlock allied races with (nearly) max level characters anyway.
    Glad to see another person feels the same way! I'd actually enjoy leveling a DK from a lower level, weird as it sounds. It'd be interesting to see how they'd work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Glad to see another person feels the same way! I'd actually enjoy leveling a DK from a lower level, weird as it sounds. It'd be interesting to see how they'd work.
    They'd probably have the same broken synergies as all other classes. You'd probably only have a single builder, single spender and a dot until you reach something like level 40. Maybe and AoE around level 30. I haven't leveld a new DK in a while, but I guess the skills are still staggered anyway. Might as well keep that going or only slightly modify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Do you need to have it explained why they're not?
    Because allied races start at level 20 and DKs at 55?

You can also say because DKs' start zone happens even before we met some of those races.