View Poll Results: What Dragon aspects would you want with a Dragonsworn class?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Black/tank

14 66.67%
  • Blue/rdps

11 52.38%
  • Bronze/rdps

10 47.62%
  • Red/heals

6 28.57%
  • Green/heals

3 14.29%
  • Green/rdps

9 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I don’t think Dragonsworn should be a class, but rather the successor to artifact weapons.
    I agree. I think the only way a Dragonsworn class works is if the character is actually a dragon disguised as one of the races. With that in play, you could have a class that operates like Chromie or Alexstrasza in HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That's true. I think one big tree would definitely work, kinda like a glorified artifact.

Though thinking about it, there's something about it I'm not totally sold on. While I like the idea of customizing an artifact and unlocking unique paths or abilities that others might not take, at the same time I feel like everyone having access to Dragon powers makes it less unique as well. It's certainly a theme I'd prefer exploring through a class rather than as an artifact.

Don't get me wrong, I love the artifact idea and exploring it, but I wouldn't want it to be the only Dragon-related material we get in the game. Sorta like having both Engineering and potentially a Tinker class, it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.
    That’s part of why I went with class in my post. You can do a lot more detailed and in depth stuff with a class than an artifact for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need more classes. If you played every class at max level, you'd realize just how much homogenization has occurred over the years. The biggest uniqueness in every class now is the animations and it's pathetic. Just look at demon hunters. Blizzard either has to make a class so unique/new that it's unlike the others, thus making it OP, or they take away from other classes and make something of what they could salvage. Either way the outcome sucks. Go play a different game if you want new classes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I mean, if it were, for example The Dragonsoul as an artifact, one big tree would work. Anything is better than azerite gear
    Until the next thing comes out and people are like "man I wish we had azurite back" just like how people hated artifacts during legion, especially at the start, and then azurite came out and we heard "Man I wish we had artifacts back!"

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    We don't need more classes. If you played every class at max level, you'd realize just how much homogenization has occurred over the years. The biggest uniqueness in every class now is the animations and it's pathetic. Just look at demon hunters. Blizzard either has to make a class so unique/new that it's unlike the others, thus making it OP, or they take away from other classes and make something of what they could salvage. Either way the outcome sucks. Go play a different game if you want new classes.
    That's weird stance to have.

To complain about homogenization, but then be be so staunch against adding more variety to class options. I mean I get your point, but it doesn't make sense to me to suggest someone 'play a different game if you want more variety' when you yourself are unsatisfied by the current lack of variety.

I think that could be a neat replacement system.

I'm not sure how dynamic it could be though if it were given any choice or customizability behind it. Each spec having multiple paths/options could be messy. Maybe PoE style, where you just have a big tree that you can't max out?
    Mate, I have loads of free time in my life..I’ve got a notebook filled with a system and rewards and abilities...this is why I don’t have friends.

I’ve got them all at max or damn close to it. I don’t see so much homogenization as simplification. Most of the problem with DH was that their abilities had been given away early on in WoW. They’re op because they’re a hero class they stay op for an xpac or two

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird stance to have.

To complain about homogenization, but then be be so staunch against adding more variety to class options. I mean I get your point, but it doesn't make sense to me to suggest someone 'play a different game if you want more variety' when you yourself are unsatisfied by the current lack of variety.
    Because more classes =/= new. Just because they slap some new animations on it doesn't make it feel/play like a new class. If I think the lemonade I bought is a little watered down, I don't think adding more water to it will help.

Because more classes =/= new. Just because they slap some new animations on it doesn't make it feel/play like a new class. If I think the lemonade I bought is a little watered down, I don't think adding more water to it will help.
    "Then this lemonade isn't for you"

I do agree with your point and your sentiment, just not your conclusion (with cheeky retort above).

I mean we all agree that classes should have more diversity within them and not more homogenization, but there's honestly no reason to assume any and every new class will be void of variety. What's important is varied gameplay, and I think a new class (that is not a derivative of existing classes) can add quite a bit of freshness to what we already consider a stale game.

And honestly... new classes don't water down the drink because we aren't all drinking from the same cup. It's adding another flavor to the soda machine. If you don't consider Vanilla Coke that much different from regular Coke, then you stick with what you got.
    A new flavor doesn't water down your drink. I just get the impression that you feel threatened by people wanting more flavors, as though it has some negative impact on your drink.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-17 at 12:04 AM.

Warcraft constantly needs new and shiny things, such as a new class. This, for better or worse, trumps what you said.

The solution for a 15yo game is not to sit on its former-success and endlessly polish EXISTING things to a state of blissful perfection. Though that would be great for the shrinking niche of players who remain. It constantly needs to find new sexy shiny things to get ppl excited about, coming back to the game, wanting to try it out for first time etc etc.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-05-17 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful post. It reallly helped.

7+ Year Old Account
    if red isn't dps i fuck riot

but i don't think this would ever be a class anyway, i rather have dragonborn/drakonid as race

I don't have anything to add other than playable dragons would be fucking sick and Blizzard should do it. Along with Ogres and Vrykul.

bronze healer, reversing damage done

10+ Year Old Account
    "Then this lemonade isn't for you"

I do agree with your point and your sentiment, just not your conclusion (with cheeky retort above).

I mean we all agree that classes should have more diversity within them and not more homogenization, but there's honestly no reason to assume any and every new class will be void of variety. What's important is varied gameplay, and I think a new class (that is not a derivative of existing classes) can add quite a bit of freshness to what we already consider a stale game.

And honestly... new classes don't water down the drink because we aren't all drinking from the same cup. It's adding another flavor to the soda machine. If you don't consider Vanilla Coke that much different from regular Coke, then you stick with what you got.
    A new flavor doesn't water down your drink. I just get the impression that you feel threatened by people wanting more flavors, as though it has some negative impact on your drink.
    I wouldn't consider it adding a new flavor. It's like adding Vanilla Coke to the machine when you already have regular Coke and Cherry Coke. At first it tastes alright, everyone wants to try Vanilla Coke, but then over a few months, people realize it's not much different from the other Cokes. New classes either have to have abilities that are so new that no other class has em or they have to go through and remove abilities from other classes. In some cases they do both, such as demon hunters. No other class can match their mobility w/ the double jump/glide. No other class can compete w/ their ST/AoE at the same time.

What makes a whole lot more sense rather than adding a new class is to rework specs an add additional tiers of talents. We didn't get 1 new tier of talents this expansion and I think that in part is why people want new classes. Our current classes might have gotten subtle reworks going into BfA, but they new an overhaul. They animations are fine, but there needs to be new abilities/tiers to work with that are integrated into the class and not part of some 3rd party neck/artifact thing.

Because at this point a new class won't feel like a new class. As someone who plays every class, I can tell you with certainty that there's no class they could add to this game that would feel new. So it just makes no sense not to put the work into our current classes and make them more exciting rather than say "Hey, yea we know your current classes are only meh, but we got this NEW class to distract you with!"

Anyone have any amazing Dragonsworn-themed character name ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Warcraft constantly needs new and shiny things, such as a new class. This, for better or worse, trumps what you said.

The solution for a 15yo game is not to sit on its former-success and endlessly polish EXISTING things to a state of blissful perfection. Though that would be great for the shrinking niche of players who remain. It constantly needs to find new sexy shiny things to get ppl excited about, coming back to the game, wanting to try it out for first time etc etc.
    Just because a new class is released doesn't make it new. The animations might be new, but the concepts of the class aren't. "Oh look, I got a cleave ability that leaves a bleed, I'm a druid." "Oh I can become a beefed up demon for a little bit and do more damage, I'm a warlock" In order for DH's to be a thing, they had to take concepts from previous classes and apply it to them. If they create a new class, they're just going to do the same thing and gullible people will see it as new, just because the animations look different.

You act like a new class is what keeps the game fresh and exciting. Well let me remind you that the while the game was growing and classes were expanding, so were the playerbase. We didn't see any new classes going from vanilla/TBC, but we saw new talents and abilities that made our current classes feel new again. Same thing happened with Wotlk. Then we had Cataclysm where they revamped the whole talent system and it felt new at first until we noticed not much ability/talents wise was changed. Fast forward to legion, we got new abilities even though they were attached to our artifacts, but again it made our classes feel new/exciting. In BfA we got jack shit. No new tiers of talents, no new abilities to learn as we dinged 120. Classes had no growth and now people are bored of them. If reworking classes and adding new talents/abilities worked, why waste time w/ a new class when that'd be more productive?

I wouldn't consider it adding a new flavor. It's like adding Vanilla Coke to the machine when you already have regular Coke and Cherry Coke. At first it tastes alright, everyone wants to try Vanilla Coke, but then over a few months, people realize it's not much different from the other Cokes.
    Yet that's not a problem or a bad thing. What about people who like Vanilla Coke and prefer having that option?

It doesn't matter if it's similar to something existing or not. If you don't like it, you don't need to take it. It doesn't change the recipe of regular Coke, it doesn't make it less sweet, it doesn't water it down.

The way you're describing it is as if adding any new flavour would be watering down your own drink, and that's not how it works.

What makes a whole lot more sense rather than adding a new class is to rework specs an add additional tiers of talents. We didn't get 1 new tier of talents this expansion and I think that in part is why people want new classes. Our current classes might have gotten subtle reworks going into BfA, but they new an overhaul. They animations are fine, but there needs to be new abilities/tiers to work with that are integrated into the class and not part of some 3rd party neck/artifact thing.

Because at this point a new class won't feel like a new class. As someone who plays every class, I can tell you with certainty that there's no class they could add to this game that would feel new. So it just makes no sense not to put the work into our current classes and make them more exciting rather than say "Hey, yea we know your current classes are only meh, but we got this NEW class to distract you with!"
    You feel that the game is already homogenized, and I agree with you on that point. However you're not actually solving anything by preventing new classes being added. You are falsely assuming that existing classes will diversify if we have no new class. Yet Cataclysm, WoD and BFA all had no new classes, and the gameplay wasn't diversified in any significant way, just altered as any expansion does. These are two separate issues here.

BFA is the ultimate example of what they're already doing with gameplay. They didn't add a new class, and we see no improvement in existing class diversity. We can't even blame the addition of Demon Hunters for this. So honestly, for someone who plays all classes, I don't see how you could be satisfied either way. Your complaint is not geared towards a new class, it's geared at how Blizzard is balancing(homogenizing) all classes.

We could assume that no new classes ever gets added again, and it wouldn't solve the issue you have with homogenization. The reason Homogenization exists is because of their balance decision. Honestly the only way to avoid that is to plauy another game, like Classic, where the Classes were actually diverse.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-17 at 06:51 PM.

I think I would rather have a dragonsworn class where the specs aren't based on aspects/flights but some/all of the skills have different appearances based on what your flight is.

So like if there was a bubble protection skill it would appear as earth for black, flames for red, vines for green, magic runes for blue, and sand for bronze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet that's not a problem or a bad thing. What about people who like Vanilla Coke and prefer having that option?

It doesn't matter if it's similar to something existing or not. If you don't like it, you don't need to take it. It doesn't change the recipe of regular Coke, it doesn't make it less sweet, it doesn't water it down.

The way you're describing it is as if adding any new flavour would be watering down your own drink, and that's not how it works.

You feel that the game is already homogenized, and I agree with you on that point. However you're not actually solving anything by preventing new classes being added. You are falsely assuming that existing classes will diversify if we have no new class. Yet Cataclysm, WoD and BFA all had no new classes, and the gameplay wasn't diversified in any significant way, just altered as any expansion does. These are two separate issues here.

BFA is the ultimate example of what they're already doing with gameplay. They didn't add a new class, and we see no improvement in existing class diversity. We can't even blame the addition of Demon Hunters for this. So honestly, for someone who plays all classes, I don't see how you could be satisfied either way. Your complaint is not geared towards a new class, it's geared at how Blizzard is balancing(homogenizing) all classes.

We could assume that no new classes ever gets added again, and it wouldn't solve the issue you have with homogenization. The reason Homogenization exists is because of their balance decision. Honestly the only way to avoid that is to plauy another game, like Classic, where the Classes were actually diverse.
    BfA isn't remotely close to what I'm talking about. BfA sucks for a variety of reasons and not having a new class isn't one of them. There needs to be class growth w/ new talents and abilities, which we didn't get either. What we got were some crappy azerite gear trying to fill some void. Reality is, these azerite talents don't play like new abilities so it's like they're not even there. Had they added 2 new tiers of talents and new abilities to every class/spec going into BfA, I really believe it would have helped. Instead of class progression, we got another artifact that's much worse than the artifacts in Legion.