View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Will england be more for free speech or less after brexit? Its the same though if sweden would leave eu, will we take in more immigrants then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Why is repeating what people have actually said a smear campaign?
    Well, i went to check Farage quote history... and it looks fun.

In 2010, the European Parliament (that bunch of ELECTED Eurocrats) voted in favour of a series of amendments to the Pregnant Workers Directive 92/85/EU. These provided for, amongst other things, 20 weeks’ maternity leave on full pay. MEP Nigel Farage described the vote as “foolishness”.

The proposals were blocked in Council. The UK (you’ll probably have guessed) opposed the amendments. Who went along to block them? Vote Leave’s very own Chris Grayling MP: UK Ministers lobby Europe against ‘socially regressive’ maternity proposals

----
    In advance of the meeting, Chris Grayling said: __

“The proposals that MEPs put forward are costly for the UK. They are also socially regressive in that those that are earning the most will benefit the most from this.

“When Member States are trying to balance their books in difficult times this is the wrong approach to adopt. Other Ministers and I will continue to lobby against these measures as we have done since October. “

Employment Relations Minister, Edward Davey said:

“As I have repeatedly made clear, what MEPs have tabled is not the right solution. Minimum standards are important but it should be down to the individual Member States to adopt their own model - not for Europe to dictate this.

“We have recently launched our own consultation that looks at introducing a fully-flexible and family-friendly solution to parental leave that is tailored to suit the UK. Simply saying 20 weeks at full pay, in a one-size fits all format, is not the way forward. I am sure that other Members States agree with us here.”

It is estimated that the proposals put forward by the Women’s Rights and Gender Equality and Employment Committee would cost the UK alone more than £2 billion per year.

Well, if that is entirely in line within Conservative outlook (as seen by Conservative government opposing it), i can see why Brexit Party snatches Conservative votes now...

If they don't like seeing their own words, presumably they could just ... not say the words?
    But it looks like that particular measure was, indeed, foolish one-size-fits-all regressive solution that was rightfully blocked at Council level... remember, that's 2010, just two years after 2008 crisis...
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-05-17 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    In advance of the meeting, Chris Grayling said: __
    Feels bad when you need to try and use Grayling to defend Farage

Chris Grayling said: The proposals ... are costly for the UK.
    Ahh, this should be up on billboards all across the UK.

But it looks like that particular measure was, indeed, foolish one-size-fits-all regressive solution that was rightfully blocked at Council level... remember, that's 2010, just two years after 2008 crisis...
    In your opinion - at the time, the UK standard for maternity leave was 6 weeks at 90% of normal pay, followed by up to 33 weeks at £129 per week before tax (now increased to £149 a week, woo). The fact that we rely on private companies to offer company maternity schemes is pathetic.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-17 at 07:16 PM.

Thankfully, old people are gradually dying out
    Nice logic pal. Tell me, who pays more taxes, us the older folk or you brainwashed young generation??.

What does the UK gain from even being in the EU?. That we couldn't do ourselves?. Answer is nothing.

You love playing this game that the older generation is destroying your lives when it's the opposite. You the brainwashed generation is giving away our rights because you're too dumb to figure anything out for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why do these accounts only appear when certain, more prominent posters are around...

Curious why Farage felt the need to lie about receiving half a million pounds from Banks last night on C4 news - presumably he hadn't checked with Banks if he was allowed to talk about it?

@dribbles any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by buckk View Post
    Nice logic pal. Tell me, who pays more taxes, us the older folk or you brainwashed young generation??.
    I don't know! Maybe you could bring us some data and we can find out together.

What does the UK gain from even being in the EU?. That we couldn't do ourselves?. Answer is nothing.
    Really? I thought it brought economic prosperity, stability and geopolitical relevancy but I'm sure you have some great arguments to explain otherwise.

You love playing this game that the older generation is destroying your lives when it's the opposite. You the brainwashed generation is giving away our rights because you're too dumb to figure anything out for yourselves.
    Excellent point! Now list those rights the EU has stripped us of please,.I'm.sure you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Really? I thought it brought economic prosperity, stability and geopolitical relevancy but I'm sure you have some great arguments to explain otherwise.
    Don't repeat slogans, say actually what the EU is doing to make our economy great, not what people are telling you. Products costs alot, it also makes you less competitive in the market being in the EU.

You see, the sign of a smart person is when you can explain shit easily. You on the other hand is a brainwashed puppet.

Kronik

Don't repeat slogans, say actually what the EU is doing to make our economy great, not what other people are telling you. Products costs alot and it also makes you less competitive by being in the EU because you have to follow the same laws and regulations.

You see, the sign of a smart person is when you can explain shit easily. You on the other hand is a brainwashed puppet.

Looks like our resident dupesalot is finally showing his true views now instead of faking.

Ahh, this should be up on billboards all across the UK.

In your opinion - at the time, the UK standard for maternity leave was 6 weeks at 90% of normal pay, followed by up to 33 weeks at £129 per week (now increased to £149 a week, woo). The fact that we rely on private companies to offer company maternity schemes is pathetic.
    Atleast you got longer maternity leave.. dutchieland (I totally dislike that countries politicians for many reasons - not to forget its a quite dull country landscape wise) has almost no maternity leave.

I know even less about him then Farage... at least Farage occasionally was going through my usual channels.

In your opinion - at the time, the UK standard for maternity leave was 6 weeks at 90% of normal pay, followed by up to 33 weeks at £129 per week (now increased to £149 a week, woo). The fact that we rely on private companies to offer company maternity schemes is pathetic.
    In Conservative opinion. I got no idea if UK could actually afford 2 Billion £ extra for maternity leave back in 2010; i do have idea that Conservative austerity policies aren't (and weren't) exactly popular...

Looks like it would be about 1% increase on social spending? But given that they did 6.2 Billion £ cuts to reduce government borrowing it was obviously tough sell...

Kronik

Don't repeat slogans, say actually what the EU is doing to make our economy great, not what other people are telling you. Products costs alot and it also makes you less competitive by being in the EU because you have to follow the same laws and regulations.

buckk

The mark of a smart person is to bring data to back up there assertions and not mindlessly repeat what they heard Nigel Farage say.

I asked you for data, now bring some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    buckk

The mark of a smart person is to bring data to back up there assertions and not mindlessly repeat what they heard Nigel Farage say.

I asked you for data, now bring some.

Logically, what does the EU do to improve the economy. if you can't answer a simple question then it's best you keep quiet.

Kronik

Stop making yourself look dumb. Answer logically, what does the EU do to improve the economy?. I'll tell you once you managed to figure it out by yourself.

If you can't answer a simple question then it's best you keep quiet.

Kronik

Stop making yourself look dumb. Answer logically, what does the EU do to improve the economy?. I'll tell you once you managed to figure it out by yourself.

If you can't answer a simple question then it's best you keep quiet.
    buckk

You made 3 assertions. In debate between adults when you make an assertion you bring data to back it up. That means it's your job now to put forth a decent argument worthy of a decent reply.

Kronik

Ok, i will tell you since you animals here on this forum can't think.

It's a customs union, it restricts trade just like when the EU said "if you leave, we will make it hard for you to trade.". It restricts trade because it has regulations which makes shit more expensive.

People think that European countries didn't trade with each other before the EU, it's like a new thing that came from nowhere.

Anyway, Have a nice day.
    Last edited by buckk; 2019-05-17 at 07:49 PM.

You on the other hand is a brainwashed puppet.
    You is kind, you is smart, you is important.

Say it to yourself every day.

just like when the EU said "if you leave, we will make it hard for you to trade.".
    Since you bothered to put that in speech marks, presumably you have a source for the complete quote?

It wouldn't have been something like - "if you leave the single market, you will have less favorable access to the single market" would it? Because something like that sounds like a really obvious thing to say
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-17 at 08:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Curious why Farage felt the need to lie about receiving half a million pounds from Banks last night on C4 news - presumably he hadn't checked with Banks if he was allowed to talk about it?

@dribbles any thoughts?
    I and millions of others wouldn't care if Arron Banks had paid Farage in suitcases of gold sovereigns. He would still have our vote.

And in any case never mind half a million, I raise you the full million that the remain camp have spent on facebook adds. Will that get the same level of scrutiny? Not on your nelly.

I'll tell you something real. Knocking on doors representing the Brexit party gives you a good idea of how the Allies must of felt when liberating the French from the Germans in WW2. Such is the support and love for our Nigel.

You have lost this one bigly, you'll see in a few days, it is truly remarkable...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I and millions of others wouldn't care if Arron Banks had paid Farage in suitcases of gold sovereigns. He would still have our vote.

And in any case never mind half a million, I raise you the full million that the remain camp have spent on facebook adds. Will that get the same level of scrutiny? Not on your nelly.

I'll tell you something real. Knocking on doors representing the Brexit party gives you a good idea of how the Allies must of felt when liberating the French from the Germans in WW2. Such is the support and love for our Nigel.

You have lost this one bigly, you'll see in a few days, it is truly remarkable...
    Yes, I'm sure there is a massive groundswell of support for Farage in Chomping Frenum or whatever Midlands village you live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.