Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

It was a “really hard sell” at Blizzard to get Night Elves into Warcraft

From PC Games

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/night-elves

But within Blizzard, “that was a really hard sell. The world accepted Night Elves better than most members of the team did. Because people were used to the Legolas types, the elves that are your typical elves – blondish, brownish hair, while we were going blues and greens and purple.
    Looks like the Nelves being popular was an accident.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-29 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    From PC Gamer

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/night-elves

Looks like the Nelves being popular was an accident.
    Little did the Night Elves know that they'd be better off getting aborted during the drafting process. Beats the alternative of "Tyrande got her revenge in Darkshore. And that's why she won't be in 8.2 facing her most ancient opponent." and other abominations like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The angry scowl didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Little did the Night Elves know that they'd be better off getting aborted during the drafting process. Beats the alternative of "Tyrande got her revenge in Darkshore. And that's why she won't be in 8.2 facing her most ancient opponent." and other abominations like that.
    Even living in the warhammer universe is better than WoW universe, especially with these writers that are worse than Matt Ward
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean... it shows. Frankly i've never understood how writers can't find something that grabs them with Sabertooth riding giant lunar Amazons and their Werewolf best friends but, it's all meh at this point."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Well I mean... it shows. Frankly i've never understood how writers can't find something that grabs them with Sabertooth riding giant lunar Amazons and their Werewolf best friends but, it's all meh at this point."
    We've seen that Blizzard's writing staff always had a hard on for green skinned mini hulks, its no surprise they didn't like "tree hugger elves" that they themselves created and bastardized.

Can we just rename the series Hordecraft already? Implying the Alliance has any meaningful impact on story aside from being a mcguffin antagonist is just insulting at this point.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

THIS

What the hell is wrong with them?
    Twas brillig

Everyone knows that elves stink. There’s no way they are popular. Fake news. https://youtu.be/YVwYKtgFYCc
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2019-05-17 at 07:40 PM.

Horrible time to release this article, lol.

The absolute state of night elves. Blizzard just won't stop kicking them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

This is the writing staff's most basic and most important problem tbh. There's a lot of cool to be found in WoW in both the Horde and the Alliance, but very little of it seems to excite the writers.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because writing complex races is hard it’s all “King’s honor friend” and “zug zug me honor” from here on out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well they are generic wood elves (with player 2 skin) so no real surprise here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    This is the writing staff's most basic and most important problem tbh. There's a lot of cool to be found in WoW in both the Horde and the Alliance, but very little of it seems to excite the writers.
    TO be honest if they can't find their muse in this franchise they need to find other work, theres decades worth of content to work with and yet we get ill conceived shite that feels uninspired or even canonical to the narrative that has been done prior.

At this point I think fanfiction has more realistic standards and legitimacy than Blizzards canon.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2019-05-17 at 07:57 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I mean whats to like about a race that has literally caused every problem on Azeroth

3+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if the Alliance was sinister from the start and had forsaken instead of night elves.

o man.. This article couldn't have come at a worse time.... lol

"Yeh we never really liked them in the first place..."... "yeh we just kind of made them purple for some stupid reason"... oof
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-17 at 08:03 PM.

Taking a look at the actual article, the title is mostly clickbait. They were just saying that it was difficult to come up with them and distinguish them from Wood Elves/Dark Elves in high fantasy.

Let the outrage persist for nine more pages though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Taking a look at the actual article, the title is mostly clickbait. They were just saying that it was difficult to come up with them and distinguish them from Wood Elves/Dark Elves in high fantasy.

Let the outrage persist for nine more pages though.
    While thats true, at the same time it shows the narrative direction that the devs eventually took. They created a unique hybrid to two fantasy tropes and decided to go nowhere with it. Its more salt on the wound when a good creative idea could have been utilized to tell a decent story, rather than be the figuratively literal punching bag for the franchise's narrative progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    While thats true, at the same time it shows the narrative direction that the devs eventually took. They created a unique hybrid to two fantasy tropes and decided to go nowhere with it. Its more salt on the wound when a good creative idea could have been utilized to tell a decent story, rather than be the figuratively literal punching bag for the franchise's narrative progression.
    Okay, sure, but most of what people are bitching about in here wasn't actually said in the article. Kudos to you though!