Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I liked Affleck. Looked and played the part well.
    If Pattinson gets the role we'll see...I initially thought Heath ledger a terrible choice until I saw a photo, which appeared horrifying and I saw how damn well he did he's now "the Joker" to me. I thought Keaton was all about comedies until I watched his Batman. Wasn't sure about Gal Gadot, but I did like her in WW. And I didn't like Jason Momoa at all at first.
    DC has been hit and miss so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    I was one of the first who said Heath Ledger would not make a good Joker. I bit my tongue, hard, and today I'm one of the first who says Heath Ledger is the Joker in live-action adaptations.

In short: I'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Let us not forget, Bruce Willis was initially turned down for the role of John McClane, because people at the time only saw him as a comedy actor, and didn't think people would accept him as an action hero.

Just, think about that for a second.
    People hated the idea of Heath Ledger as the joker too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    It doesn't matter who they cast as Batman, they could get DiCaprio to do it and the movie will still be garbage because the morons in charge don't understand how to set up or build a DCEU

This is my favorite part of the batman movie with Christian Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Clooney was the worst.

"Batman credit card! I never leave the cave without it!"
    To be fair, Clooney didn't write the movie...he just had the misfortune to star in it. Bad writing is what made Clooney a bad Batman.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Karl Urban should be the next Batman. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    He better start hitting the gym, and fast.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

That's got my vote. Karl Urban would have been a better choice.

I’m intrigued. I just hope he sticks around so we can get a series of films. This one is rumored to have 6 villains including Penguin and Catwoman. I hope we get to see the rogue’s gallery fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

Karl Urban would make for a great older Batman. If they were just going to directly replace Affleck...Urban would be a good choice. But, Matt Reeves movie is about a younger Batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard they want to make a detective movie, which is closer to Batman's roots. So there's no need for a bodybuilder Batman.

Oh, and if Micheal Keaton pulled it off, Robert Pattinson can. Nobody believed in Michael Keaton as either Bruce Wayne or Batman. Adam West the first of them. "Not enough chin" I think he said... And why did it work? Because Michael Keaton is a good actor, of course, but also because the success of a Batman movie depends on the villain. Therefore, I will wait to learn who will be the villain and which actor will play him/her. Rumors are that it will be the Penguin, which seems like a good start, especially if it's the mobster Penguin and not the freak version...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Not a black lesbian cripple girl?
    Oh wait, it’s DC, not Marvel.
    Batman's been a cripple plenty of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheh, Battinson. Dude's got range, but damn... DC needs a Sarah Finn.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    I think that George Clooney was worse.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    People hated the idea of Heath Ledger as the joker too.
    Indeed, there was A LOT of pushback to that casting. Until they saw him in costume, then people were like "Oh shit, this just might work..." I'm hoping it'll be the same with Battinson. Once we see him suited up, it might allay people's fears... or make them 1000000x worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    It doesn't matter who they cast as Batman, they could get DiCaprio to do it and the movie will still be garbage because the morons in charge don't understand how to set up or build a DCEU
    Except they've already said this film is nothing to do with the DCU, no? This is a standalone film, that's off in it's own little world, similar to the Joker film, with Phoenix. Tbh, think that's the best course for them to take, right now... Elseworlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Karl Urban should be Dredd. In an Amazon/Netflix Dredd TV series, because he was great as Dredd and we need more Dredd.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I don't mind giving actor's chances for roles. Sometimes you can be proven wrong. But Pattinson... eh, good actor. Not really a superhero type actor. I second Karl Urban stepping into the role since he nailed Dredd.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    What?

Ben Affleck was the most faithful Batman to the comics that we've ever had. Put into unfortunately shitty movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Inventing stuff to be outraged about even when none exists .

Nice.

OT: He surely has a lot of experience with the whole brooding thing going on during his time as a sparkly bloodsucker.
    Sorry, but I'm assuming by your ignorance you haven't seen Captain Marvel, Endgame's final scene, or read any of the titles from the past decade. Maybe YOU should stop inventing the premise of false outrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude is legit one of the best actors of his generation, but he needs a blockbuster every once in a while to make some bank.