Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    BFA is trash, sorry. Far too deep in a direction WoW shouldn't have gone. Classic WoW really couldn't come soon enough.

I didn’t realize they were going with old models for the main races etc in Classic. I thought the last I read they were using the newer art assets. Isn’t that how it worked for the Blizzcon demo?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Classic can't come soon enough. Prime example of someone who never played vanilla. If you think bfa has gameplay issues bad enough that classic will fix and make you happy, you are high. Classic is a shell of what the game is now. Bosses having 2-3 mechanics, classes using 2-3 abilities. Stupid shit like reagents for buffs. Warlocks having to leave a fucking raid to get shards, Paladins being outside of combat as ressbots. Bfa may have gameplay issues. But classic hardly had a gameplay
    "Stupid shit like reagents for buffs" LOL.

Imagine an RPG having RPG elements in it. Good, I can't wait to fill my bag up with soul shards again

Ion's always had that distinct "please kill me" look on his face, which is even more prevalent now that the game is coming full circle. Not even a rainbow-farting blonde unicorn can detract from that man's despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The 8.2 interview is fucking stupid. I don't get this obsession with mounts. There are only two worth having. AH mount and Xmog mount. Fuck collecting mounts and toys
    Ah yes, low-effort assets paired with the usual rallying cry of "player choice" and "things to collect".

If 8.2 is any more rubbish, we'll have to disable our anti-virus on patch day so as to not trigger a shovelware alert.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, imagine thinking that core gameplay issues are more important than the next collectable My Little Pony. Classic can't come soon enough
    Imagine still thinking that the team that designs core game mechanics is the same team that designs mounts, in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Imagine still thinking that the team that designs core game mechanics is the same team that designs mounts, in 2019.
    Teams can design whatever they like, ultimately the games directors what actually makes it into the game.

Players: There are core gameplay issues
    WOW devs: But we added in 30 more mounts!

Enjoy collecting more useless bullshit

only 99 days for the best fantasy world created in a video game!

enjoy the best digital world ever created!

destroyed by her own makers, marked as the graetest fail in the history of video games!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2019-05-18 at 05:07 AM.

"8.2 Interview" I am just like WHO CARES? If I wanna play a collection game I play real life to collect money.
    Ian and his banch is like my crap that looks at me from the crapper when I flash it down.

"Stupid shit like reagents for buffs" LOL.

Imagine an RPG having RPG elements in it. Good, I can't wait to fill my bag up with soul shards again
    Filling your bags with bull shit isn't RPG elements. It's ways to force players to either carry gear or carry shit that lets them use their spells. There is no other RPG I can think of that doesn't let you use abilities unless you have specific items.

Classic wasn't an RPG. If it was, all classes would have their place. Instead, there were entire specs that were just not viable at all or ONLY viable in pvp. How anyone thinks that is fun is really beyond me. People complain about class identity now but wait till they play Classic lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Teams can design whatever they like, ultimately the games directors what actually makes it into the game.

Players: There are core gameplay issues
    WOW devs: But we added in 30 more mounts!

Enjoy collecting more useless bullshit
    I mean, in the end, it's all useless bullshit. What you consider useless and what I consider useless don't have to intersect. It won't change either of our experiences.

That being said, if one team is designing this and the other team is designing that... The game director doesn't pick straws to decide which of the two go in. They aren't mutually exclusive. So your point, in essence, is fucking moot and just another example of a crybaby whining that other people got their toys before you got yours.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I mean, in the end, it's all useless bullshit. What you consider useless and what I consider useless don't have to intersect. It won't change either of our experiences.

That being said, if one team is designing this and the other team is designing that... The game director doesn't pick straws to decide which of the two go in. They aren't mutually exclusive. So your point, in essence, is fucking moot and just another example of a crybaby whining that other people got their toys before you got yours.
    Have you heard of Dungeons and Dragons, the most amazing and best RPG game there is? if not, try it with some friends. The core material is free online and you'll get a deeper understanding on what an RPG should be like.

And vanilla is much closer to that than the action game WoW is now.

RPG speaking a mount should be something that you use to move from point A to point B and that was true in classic. now mount are something to show off. the only (up to now) usefull mount are 3: Sky Golem (farming), water strider (leveling), Repair Mount. The AH mount is optional and for 5M u didnt even get a damn mailbox inside. WoW retail is just an action game and no more an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Takkero View Post
    RPG speaking a mount should be something that you use to move from point A to point B and that was true in classic. now mount are something to show off. the only (up to now) usefull mount are 3: Sky Golem (farming), water strider (leveling), Repair Mount. The AH mount is optional and for 5M u didnt even get a damn mailbox inside. WoW retail is just an action game and no more an rpg.
    Yea we need to go back to the old days where the only thing to do was to sit in IF spamming 'LFG UBRS' for an hour to run teh same dungeon over and over and raid. Collecting things has been a staple of MMO's since their inception.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I didn’t realize they were going with old models for the main races etc in Classic. I thought the last I read they were using the newer art assets. Isn’t that how it worked for the Blizzcon demo?
    Old models, just the options to have better shadows and better water and small environmental details like that
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Yea we need to go back to the old days where the only thing to do was to sit in IF spamming 'LFG UBRS' for an hour to run teh same dungeon over and over and raid. Collecting things has been a staple of MMO's since their inception.
    and now we should wander for the map doing world quest turning off our brains, not even reading them just following the minimap and the quest tracking counter to get useless item, artifact power (oh no sorry.. now is called azerite power.. in 8.2 will be another thing again..) over and over. i dont want to save that turtle but i have to do that wq coz it gives AP... ohh so rpg..

and now we just join LFR tools showing our r.io score, enter the M+ dungeon and at first wipe leave the group depleting the key (but is not a problem coz the key is not our!!)

and now we go in pug raid .. BoD normal half-afk watching tv, kill boss and loot a 425 that not even mythic drop. totally worth doing hundreds of wipes in mythic . oh.. i killed Jaina mythic and got the Cutting Edge but ofcurse noone care about it anymore coz a 1/9 NM guy dropped the same item from jaina with higher ilvl not even knowing a single mechanic of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    What part of CLASSIC do you not get? It's suppose to be identical to how the game was back then not how it is these days. The problem as I see it is that they're "rebuilding" it which means it'll fail miserably like everything they do.

They lost me at sharding/layering bullsh*t.

7+ Year Old Account
    So freaking excited to play! I'm miss the simpler times, I don't have time to play 15 different features that current wow has. I feel like I'll be able to keep up with classic and have fun not getting overloaded with stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Old models, just the options to have better shadows and better water and small environmental details like that
    That’s a bit of a bummer. Considering the difference in the average monitor now compared to 15 years ago. Oh well.

If you don't like the companion system in Nazjatar you don't have to use it.
    Or you know, you could make it useful so everyone uses it.