Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This statement would be true in a world without runescape. The demand for oldschool mmos is real.
    I will say, at the very least, no new MMORPGs come out at all anymore. When they do, they're quite crummy. Classic WoW could easily appeal to an entirely new player base that hasn't played WoW at all anymore as an introduction to the genre, ironically through the same game that introduced so many of us to the genre. Classic WoW being a high-quality game from a high-quality company does have a chance to literally reignite a fire that's almost out.

It'll be interesting to see if Classic WoW actually stays incredibly large, but by actually a different player base than anyone who's already played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I hope you're right because I would love it to be so. However, statistically, you're saying Blizzard will succeed where literally no one else ever has before. The odds are not looking good for Blizzard. There is a 99.99% chance that you're the one who is actually wrong. However, it wouldn't be the first time 0.01% has won so I'm anxious to see what happens.
    And what are we defining as "success", hm? No matter how many subs Classic gets, haters like you are going to be moving the goalposts and making up reasons as to why it's "not real success".

Such a pitiful life, coming to the forum of videogames you hate just to whine at people and claim that they shouldn't be playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, youngsters in the 1960's had objectively better standards of living, so it's understandable (to a degree, at least) that those times are being idealised now. Sure, there were a lot of other issues back then, but saying that it was all !@#$ is the same than the proverbial rose-tinted glasses.
    its a natural reaction to times of uncertainty and hardship to want to go back to the known and the certain, but it is a fallacy not because of rose tinted glasses, even if it was perfect it would be a fallacy to want to replicate the then in the now, because the fallacy lies in the ignoring of external factor that created the problems and transitioned the then to the now. time and again we find the only way to over come uncertainty and hardship its to continue forward whilst learning the lessons of what came before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    Asmongold's stream just received the MOST amount of concurrent viewers he has ever had (100,000+), when clearing Deadmines in CLASSIC WoW.

The signs are there. I enjoyed the hell out of playing Vanilla WoW on Nostalrius. I believe it will be a massive success.
    It's a bit of a fallacy what you're implying here. Classic WoW has just been released (or pre-released, since it's beta) and it's something that a great many people have been demanding for over ten years.

Of course there will be massive viewership for streamers playing that game in the first few weeks/months of that game's release.

The real question, though, is: will those numbers hold as time progress?

Keep in mind this is not a jab at Classic WoW or anything. It's just statement of facts.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Classic WoW will be a lesson in a good game vs a pile of dogshit
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell do you people care if people like Pepsi while you like coca-cola? Stop it. Get some help. People have differing tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And what are we defining as "success", hm? No matter how many subs Classic gets, haters like you are going to be moving the goalposts and making up reasons as to why it's "not real success".

Such a pitiful life, coming to the forum of videogames you hate just to whine at people and claim that they shouldn't be playing it.
    You misunderstand. I love WoW, been subscribed for as long as I can remember, and am excited as hell for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    It really is fascinating how people are so adamantly against another group of people playing a video game.
    I blame American type of system, it trains people to hate others that don't suit their thought process, people argue over the stupidest things as if they're getting kick backs from these things, I've iPhone vs android, red Vs blue, right Vs left, Chevy Vs ford the list goes on, they like arguing and being right despite how foolish they look is their top priority.

Classic will end up as a ghost town after a few months. People who never played Vanilla will realize how fucking god awful it was and leave because they don't want to spend a fucking month of dedicated play to hit max level. Nostalgia filled people will realize they can go back to private servers for FREE. By October, barely anyone will be on the servers.

And for people making comments about streamers getting lots of views. Of course they did. It's NEW. Any time a big game releases, views on Twitch explode. That doesn't mean Classic will be good. It means people will want to see something they've never seen for a week then the numbers will drop again. It's how Twitch views work, really.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Classic will end up as a ghost town after a few months. People who never played Vanilla will realize how fucking god awful it was and leave because they don't want to spend a fucking month of dedicated play to hit max level. Nostalgia filled people will realize they can go back to private servers for FREE. By October, barely anyone will be on the servers.

And for people making comments about streamers getting lots of views. Of course they did. It's NEW. Any time a big game releases, views on Twitch explode. That doesn't mean Classic will be good. It means people will want to see something they've never seen for a week then the numbers will drop again. It's how Twitch views work, really.
    If I quote you on this, will you eat your shoe if six months later classic is going strong?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291779/...not-a-bug-list

Enough said. People actually thought these were bugs lol. Shows that people visioned classic way more positive than it was.

The RPG in MMORPG has been lacking for quite some time, and with it, a new breed of gamer.
    My first raiding main was a Mage. I didn’t care that my “rotation” in raids was spamming frostbolt, I chose the mage for lore/story reasons.

As much I enjoyed classic, I’m not sure if I could devote enough time these days to recreate the experience, but I suspect many of today’s “wow is too ez” crowd will be in for a shock with classic.

Vanilla was “hard” because we were just average adventurous of our class. Gear was scarce, itemisation terrible and it was extremely difficult to outgear content the way we do today. Skill, while relevant, played a much smaller part than it does today in raid/dungeon mechanics. Vanilla was, at its core, a very simple game. One of the largest determining factors of a successful PVE raid guild was roster stability to maintain geared players. Losing a MT could be the death of a guild.

If you think BFA class design is terrible, your rotation too easy and raid mechanics too easy, Classic isn’t the game you’re looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    the belief that the solution to current problems is to go back to old versions is called the "conservative fallacy", reverting changes may solve the immediate issue but only reintroduces the issues that drove the changes to the new in the first place.
    Well, progressing forwards with more QoL changes and streamlining has surely done the game good thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Attributing the decline of subs to one single factor is, in my opinion, the most dishonest position one can take regarding this issue.
    I've never said it was a single factor, in actuality it's a combination of things that have together had a massive impact on WoW over the years, and they keep excacerbating the issue with every iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post

Bro I know about 30 people who just sub for professions and talking in cities lol. You underestimate how many no lifers will stay in classic because.
    Also the bored bfa people will play vanilla in between patches. The playerbase is to huge with a large addiction.

It won't be dead but I do believe there will be a bigger outcry when people realize what the game was.

HOWEVER! Fun social aspects and the reward that vanilla will provide will still be in effect. Game design/feeling doesn't change even if you 100x more polys, shaders and features. Old games are still fun. It will do well. It won't kill normal wow or even be as big after two months. But it won't die. The decline will happen when content really dries up. So prolly two year min. By then they will have decided about a BC server or something else to hook people.

This is not the first time i go back to an old game. Nostalgia held up very well so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Classic sucked. It should have been Wrath all along. That's what majority of people really want - challenging hardcore gameplay but without all the idiocy, gross imbalance and autoattack-based specs that is Vanilla, with Arenas and other endgame features that we all love so much.

Saying it again and again, but I'm in the right here. You'll see.

Eventually people would want to upgrade the servers to TBC then WoTLK and stop right there, with few tweaks (new char models added, x-mog added, LFR and dungeon finder turned off).

Ive been saying this since people started crying for it. People dont get it.

This was *not* a great game. It had elements that Live could use (more thought in dungeon pulls, important gear outside of ilvl, etc) but other than that, its a nostalgic trip at best. People think there isnt anything to do in the game NOW?! Have fun sitting in iron forge for 2 hours trying to find a group to do a dungeon to try and get a piece of fire resist, only to wipe for an hour in the first boss and repeat.

People complain about the leveling experience in live lmao hooooly fuck.

I'll play for a bit, maybe try to get a rogue to max level just to go around ganking mages. But thats if I can stomach leveling to 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Honestly, Classic sucked. It should have been Wrath all along. That's what majority of people really want - challenging hardcore gameplay but without all the idiocy, gross imbalance and autoattack-based specs that is Vanilla, with Arenas and other endgame features that we all love so much.

Eventually people would want to upgrade the servers to TBC then WoTLK and stop right there, with few tweaks (new char models added, x-mog added, LFR and dungeon finder turned off).
    So basically, you're saying that your personal opinion is the exact same as the entire majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Everyone is in the right - in their own mind. Because everyone likes different things.

once the people start to notice how much grinding you need to get anywhere close being "good" equipped, they will drop the game 1000%
    not to speak of the HR system grind. have fun spending 16 hrs per day in a BG to get anywhere near rank 10, when u have to go work everyday
    china farmers will take over classic wow again.
    people will need 1k gold or 800 gold for their epic mount, which will take them months to do..

vanilla is a GRIND
    not a skill based game.

if u want to get high HR, skill doesnt matter. only thing that matter will be are u able to spend the TIME or arent you.
    Last edited by joggerwearerlol; 2019-05-18 at 08:45 AM.