7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Any hints in 8.2 PTR what could 8.3 be?
    8.3 is this

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    By Azshara comments and text on her fight, i assumed that we didn't get to kill her at the end, but in wowhead, they added some archivements and one of it give you this title:

"Famed Slayer of Azshara"

So i guess, she's going down.
    I would not put too much stock in that title, it always struck me as more of a fill in the blank title instead of a "canon" title if that makes sense. She is probably dying, but until we see the cinematic, we won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would not put too much stock in that title, it always struck me as more of a fill in the blank title instead of a "canon" title if that makes sense. She is probably dying, but until we see the cinematic, we won't know.
    Eternal Palace was merely a setback

Yeah, it's placeholder. https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...shara-alliance Look at how it has the Uunat icon and CoS Zone on the right there

5+ Year Old Account
    Eye Of The Beast is returning for Hunters, confirmed by Ion: https://classic.wowhead.com/news=291...nd-calie-schie

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Eternal Palace was merely a setback

Yeah, it's placeholder. https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...shara-alliance Look at how it has the Uunat icon and CoS Zone on the right there
    I hope it will be merely a setback.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, that'd just fuck with the scale of everything in the rest of the world.

they make one city the size of a real city, how bad is that gonna stick out? very badly.

wouldn't want a city expansion unless it's an alien city planet.
    The scale is all over the place anyway. But as i said, it would get rather boring fairly quickly so i don't think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They fixed the duration of Nazjatar followers. They now last indefinitely until you select another one or leave the zone.
    Can you click them off?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Eye Of The Beast is returning for Hunters, confirmed by Ion: https://classic.wowhead.com/news=291...nd-calie-schie
    Well, given that they had to recreate it for classic, porting it to retail probably isn't much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    this makes me incredibly happy.

no idea why it'd have been impossible before, but this is wonderful news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The scale is all over the place anyway. But as i said, it would get rather boring fairly quickly so i don't think it's a good idea.
    well, in general, you come to expect a city to be a certain size in wow, and it doesn't really deviate from that anywhere in the game. suramar's probably the biggest thus far, but it's still only comparable to stormwind.

if you make eldre'thalas suddenly the size of a zone, like a city probably should be, that sticks out really bad.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    By Azshara comments and text on her fight, i assumed that we didn't get to kill her at the end, but in wowhead, they added some archivements and one of it give you this title:

They should change it to "Famed Dumbass that released N'zoth". That would be cool title ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, in general, you come to expect a city to be a certain size in wow, and it doesn't really deviate from that anywhere in the game. suramar's probably the biggest thus far, but it's still only comparable to stormwind.

if you make eldre'thalas suddenly the size of a zone, like a city probably should be, that sticks out really bad.
    It deviates a lot. Most smaller cities are a bunch of buildings that wouldn't even qualify as a hamlet, nevermind a city in RL. Suramar technically covers the entire zone, everything outside the barrier is just in ruins. Azsuna is also mostly urban ruins, and Mac'aree too.
    So we actually had 3 zones like that already just in the last expansion.

I suppose the leak is not completely unsubstantiated, faintly remember a Q&A question last Blizzcon regarding the Bilgewater cannon that stated they had "great plans" for it.
    That is mentions something that was said already doesn't mean anything other than the author of the "leak" at least listened somewhat to what was said by Blizzard.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    That is mentions something that was said already doesn't mean anything other than the author of the "leak" at least listened somewhat to what was said by Blizzard.
    Have to agree here, though i wrote that before i saw the actual leak. I still stand by Sylvanas using it on SW is the most believable part of that leak though. Would be a cool story twist to usher in the final patch raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree here, though i wrote that before i saw the actual leak. I still stand by Sylvanas using it on SW is the most believable part of that leak though. Would be a cool story twist to usher in the final patch raid.
    Don't need anymore Alliance tragedies. One is enough(I'm not saying Sylvanas wouldn't do it, thats not the case, she'd do it anytime). I don't really think there will be a big event that makes us decide "Ok fuck off Sylvanas" like Garrosh in Mist. I can see her attempt to do something(Like the whole messing with the Sunwell and Alliance invade Quel'thalas)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

While I don't think N'zoth will be dealt with in 8.3, I wouldn't be surprised if they mirror Siege of Orgrimmar (where Y'shaarj dies) and have us kill/deal with Sylvanas and Nzoth at the same time.

Would suck though. N'zoth isn't just a heart.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    While I don't think N'zoth will be dealt with in 8.3, I wouldn't be surprised if they mirror Siege of Orgrimmar (where Y'shaarj dies) and have us kill/deal with Sylvanas and Nzoth at the same time.

Would suck though. N'zoth isn't just a heart.
    The most likely outcome from my perspective would be a Ny'alotha raid where the plot concersn Sylvanas working against the raiders in some form, likely as a raid boss, but could be as a background character we are simply given the instructions to stop, similar to Gul'dan in HFC.
    This would satisfy both the N'zoth as a final boss theory that seems to be the most likely ending, while also giving "closure" to the faction war storyline.
    (What is the best raid for the narrative is an entirely different matter of course)

I know it is the new hotness to hate on the plot in BfA, but i am genuinely curious where the story is going, which is more than i can say for Legion.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a large overhaul or redesign of the two faction system, as others have mentioned. I'll push the idea farther and suggest that the horde and alliance split will be broken to open cross faction play. It alleviates many current issues with respect to balance and population asymmetries.
    It's very likely, as Blizzard have been considering it on and off since Vanilla. So far they've always rejected the idea, but they keep coming back it, and it would resolve a lot. I'm not sure I'm super-keen as I dunno how well they'd handle it aesthetically, but I suspect it will happen.

was fucking around on ptr just now since my sub's run out, how long has the black bride had a unique voice?

she's that defilers battlemaster in arathi.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-05-18 at 07:05 PM.

I'm fully expecting cross-faction play to be a big feature of 9.0, and BFA's "faction war" theme to be a "last sendoff" (though there will still be parts of each faction that want to kill the other)

Have to agree with the 9.0 "unified" factions angle. While this expansion is certainly lacking in aspects of what i would want from a "Last hurrah" to faction war, most of the problem could still in theory be explored afterwards, and the game has certainly gone on long enough that the entire concept of faction war is starting to push credibility.

I can briefly recollect an interview way back that stated something like "BfA will be the last faction war expansion". Which could mean the final one where the faction war is the big selling point, or the last expansion where faction war is an issue that is explored in an lengthy detail.

My big fear though is that Blizz might end up inadvertedly, in trying to preempt faction bias, accidentally create a fertile bed for it instead. As a unified faction narrative might push certain aspects over others that might need it. Like focusing entirely on Horde issues when Alliance should reasonably have to face the same issues. Or ignoring Horde leaders/heroes completely in favour of Alliance ones, when a unified faction should ideally be an opportunity to have a healthy mix.

It's not going to be mashing the factions together, it'll just say "we're working together now" while angry factions like the Night Elves and Forsaken still take shots at each other (while the player characters don't have to be forced into those groups, but can work with them for PVP stuff)\

Ion was quoted recently as saying that the factions are integral to Warcraft. They aren't going to go away so much as the lines between the two won't be as rigid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

We aren't fighting her yet again but 2 lovers.