Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ug-list/175887

just proves the point that most people dont remeber how classic was and blinded by nostalgia

so many "classic" players are already asking for changes and bugfixes and systems that are on retail
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-05-18 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    So basically, you're saying that your personal opinion is the exact same as the entire majority.

My opinion is based on logic and all the feedback / things that players actually miss and what the current game lacks:

*difficulty
    *challenging gameplay
    *sense of community and server-based communication (ruined by CR / sharding / LFG / LFR )
    *class depth
    *class balance (especially PvP)
    *good endgame
    *enjoyable character progression

While Vanilla has some of these features, it lacks others. Class balance in Vanilla is horrible, perhaps even worse than in today's BFA. You don't have any PvP progression system, except ranks for outdoor kills, if I remember right. It has little to no endgame. It has no achievement system (!)

Wrath has all the stuff I've managed while still keeping the hardships, old pre-Cata world and challenging gameplay.
    It lacks only pet battles which I would miss, no doubt, but I can live with that.

T-mog etc. can be easily added, even some private servers managed to do that with LK client.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-05-18 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    My opinion is based on logic and all the feedback / things that players actually miss and what the current game lacks:

*difficulty
    *challenging gameplay
    *sense of community and server-based communication (ruined by CR / sharding)
    *class depth
    *class balance (especially PvP)
    *good endgame
    *enjoyable character progression

While Vanilla has some of these features, it lacks others. Class balance in Vanilla is horrible, perhaps even worse than in today's BFA. You don't have any PvP progression system, except ranks for outdoor kills, if I remember right. It has little to no endgame. It has no achievement system (!)

Wrath has all the stuff I've managed while still keeping the hardships, old pre-Cata world and challenging gameplay.
    So basically, you're saying that your personal opinion is the exact same as the entire majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Drench View Post
    Bro I know about 30 people who just sub for professions and talking in cities lol. You underestimate how many no lifers will stay in classic because.
    Also the bored bfa people will play vanilla in between patches. The playerbase is to huge with a large addiction.

It won't be dead but I do believe there will be a bigger outcry when people realize what the game was.

HOWEVER! Fun social aspects and the reward that vanilla will provide will still be in effect. Game design/feeling doesn't change even if you 100x more polys, shaders and features. Old games are still fun. It will do well. It won't kill normal wow or even be as big after two months. But it won't die. The decline will happen when content really dries up. So prolly two year min. By then they will have decided about a BC server or something else to hook people.
    I didn't say that the servers would die completely. I said they'd be ghost towns. So finding players for 40 man raids will eventually be impossible without having to settle for taking assholes to your raid. PvP will be all the same people over and over. The world will quickly feel small again when people eventually afford mounts again. I don't see Classic servers being very populated by the end of 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

Time will tell.
    I'm giving Classic just a few weeks before player eyes will open and people start whining on forums, asking for some logical changes which made the game so great in TBC and WoTLK.

Sometimes it's needed to take the rose glasses off to see the truth.

Then you'll remember my posts

10+ Year Old Account
    Time will tell.
    I'm giving Classic just a few weeks before player eyes will open and people start whining on forums, asking for some logical changes which made the game so great in TBC and WoTLK.

So you're still saying that your personal opinion is the exact same as the entire majority.
    Hot tip, when you're stating an opinion, the ONLY person you can represent is yourself.

Also you can't seem to comprehend that different people enjoy different things.
    Why do you think pen and paper roleplaying is thriving nowadays?

Just because some people complain about these things, does not mean that everyone agrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people have some serious mental issues. Its more than a year now and you're still triggered classic is happening. Why do you care so much about what other people like ?
    Why do you feel the need to repeat the same garbage proven wrong so many times ?

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE classic will never happen" "You think you do but you don't" "Nostalgia derp post number 39472e387965883492" Reeeeee again at the massive hype for classic.

PServers proven the massive demand that even convinced Blizzard to do it. "Reeeeeeeeeeee they take resources from our garbage antisocial retail"
    All the massive proof of old school games being very popular not even going into OSRS which is more than enough proof already "Reeeeeeeeeeee its just nostalgia , what you actually want is Ion's vomit inducing game design in your autistic sharded solo rpg"
    Beta and release coming closer with massive hype for it everywhere , twitch booming on classic streams. "Reeeeeeeee repeat the same nostalgia derp posts"
    Just move on. Go and enjoy your beloved Bfa already.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2019-05-18 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    They're just hyped because they buy the incorrect hype spread by nostalgic idiots that classic was good.

But when/if they actually play it they will hate it because it's absolute garbage compared to modern games. Every major flaw of BfA is present in classic, only ten times worse.
    I have a friend who only started in legion. He's been hyped since the classic announcement. Reading up on everything from strats, rep guides, original ui, the bugs, the glitches even the memes. He's super excited for it to launch; mostly because he enjoys a challenge, min maxing, people having specific roles for specific tasks / some classes being useless etc.

But remove the new players from the equation. It's like everyone's forgotten private servers exist. The hard core vanilla servers were thriving because it's what people wanted. Once live is up they'll come running back. Not to mention a few PS have already stated if it's true to the original they have 0 issue shutting down their servers.

The other thing you're overlooking and everyone else with these arguments "It's garbage compared to modern games"; why do we still have people playing retro games from the 70s? Why do we have massive followings of speed runners on games like Super mario 64. It's because they enjoy the game / the games content, it doesn't matter theres a more polished off version that's up to date. For me, my personal example. Fable, fable 1 / TLC is one of the best games of all time, Fable 2 was alright and fable 3 was awful. I happily play through fable a few times a year, I've played 3 twice and have no urge to do it a third time. Or look at star wars Battlefront; SWBF2 original compared to the new SWBF2 is widely considered vastly better. Same with CoD games, modern CoD has a great player base, but theres a lot of people who have walked away saying it's best era was modern warfare.

The point I'm getting across is, it's personal preference and enjoyment. Being modernised doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Time will tell.

Yes there will be players whining and asking for changes. The same way there will be players who aren't whining or asking for changes.

But tell me how is that any different from literally any other game on sale right now? Why does classic need to be exempt from that? Because it's already been released once? If so, why aren't you this defensive over remasters?

I honestly don't get why people want to bitch about other people on what they may or may not enjoy, what they think they may or may not enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I have a friend who only started in legion. He's been hyped since the classic announcement. Reading up on everything from strats, rep guides, original ui, the bugs, the glitches even the memes. He's super excited for it to launch; mostly because he enjoys a challenge, min maxing, people having specific roles for specific tasks / some classes being useless etc.

But remove the new players from the equation. It's like everyone's forgotten private servers exist. The hard core vanilla servers were thriving because it's what people wanted. Once live is up they'll come running back. Not to mention a few PS have already stated if it's true to the original they have 0 issue shutting down their servers.

The other thing you're overlooking and everyone else with these arguments "It's garbage compared to modern games"; why do we still have people playing retro games from the 70s? Why do we have massive followings of speed runners on games like Super mario 64. It's because they enjoy the game / the games content, it doesn't matter theres a more polished off version that's up to date. For me, my personal example. Fable, fable 1 / TLC is one of the best games of all time, Fable 2 was alright and fable 3 was awful. I happily play through fable a few times a year, I've played 3 twice and have no urge to do it a third time. Or look at star wars Battlefront; SWBF2 original compared to the new SWBF2 is widely considered vastly better. Same with CoD games, modern CoD has a great player base, but theres a lot of people who have walked away saying it's best era was modern warfare.

The point I'm getting across is, it's personal preference and enjoyment. Being modernised doesn't matter.
    I'd like to key in on the bolded part as it brought up a point I've been thinking about for a while now.
    I don't understand how people equate "modernizing" a game to mean "introduce as much Quality of Life and zero-effort rewards and make it as simple as possible". Making a game take zero effort or time, "modernizing" a game has never payed off in any RPG category.

I mean hell, Path of Exile is absolutely CRUSHING the ARPG genre and that's even more complex than Diablo 2 was, and is effectively following that ideology that the old Diablo games put down.
    There's also a reason why Counter Strike is the most succesful first person shooter on the market, while also being the most mechanically complex and with gameplay that hasn't changed for 15 years.

Do people think games like CS would be better if they added killstreak rewards?
    Do people think that PoE would be better if they changed the 200-point talent tree to something similar to Diablo 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Considering a 1/4 of a second is literally 250 milliseconds, that mean "a quarter of a second" is less than the average reaction time for people. You're welcome to go try for yourself and see what's your reaction time.

https://www.humanbenchmark.com/users...a20b0001f483f3

I have a hangover too.

Like this is what I mean. The dude who originally quoted me was trying to make out like vanilla Heigan is some sort of insurmountable challenge because you need superhuman reaction speeds or some shit. I don't think I'm out of line at all by saying that he's clearly just not a good player if he thinks that - I've just proven here that it's more than doable even after drinking a lot and having just woken up.

Legit I'm not even trying to be toxic. Super excited for classic, but I don't get why people need to insist that it's difficult too when it obviously isn't in the context of the content that we're used to dealing with in retail.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-18 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    Also, just an aside: I barely post here, but I get infracted first day for calling someone a "halfwit" while someone chose the name "clown penis fart" and that's A-Okay.

This is the world we live in.
    If I collect ten of your tears, will I get a Salty Flying Serpent mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291779/...not-a-bug-list

Enough said. People actually thought these were bugs lol. Shows that people visioned classic way more positive than it was.
    shows that people played on private servers and have twisted idea on how vanilla was like

just like Ion said " you think you do but you dont"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    shows that people played on private servers and have twisted idea on how vanilla was like

You mean that peoples memories from 14 years ago can't have any faults?

Also it wasn't Ion that said that term.
    If you're going to shitpost, atleast put some effort into it.

I agree with the OP. Although I will feel more pity than joy for those who thought Classic will remain a big hit after the initial nostalgia wears off and reality hits them in all its glory. Classic was a colossal waste of resources and I hate to say it, but I think that Blizzard guy was right when he said "you think you do, but you don't".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I agree with the OP. Although I will feel more pity than joy for those who thought Classic will remain a big hit after the initial nostalgia wears off and reality hits them in all its glory. Classic was a colossal waste of resources and I hate to say it, but I think that Blizzard guy was right when he said "you think you do, but you don't".
    I keep seeing this argument, despite the fact that Runescape exists.
    It's almost like people who employ that argument can't comprehend how people can enjoy something other than the zero-effort, zero-immersion retail.

You must think that pen and paper D&D is completely useless and everyone who tries to play it is obviously delusional and they don't ACTUALLY like it, "you just think that you do but you don't."

holy shit you people are still salty about Classic lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

You've been fighting the good fight but the battle is lost and Classic is coming. Lay down your sword and just let go..

Current WoW is shite mate.. Classic is better.. move on with your life
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Nintendo keeps re-releasing old games on new consoles. So there must be a market for it.

Why are some people so scared that classic could be successful? I don't get it.