Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Without raising the prominence of the highborne or aracne wielding night elves, and the illidari, they have exeffecitvely split the night elves into too, the dark elf part exclusively with the nightborne, and the forest elf with the night elf.

I don't like this at all, because the night elf I loved was the night elf - neither forest elf, nor dark elf but having both elements. if the night elves lose the dark elf element, they just become generic forest elves.. this isn't interesting at all. I love wthat we have the nightborne playable, and it's fine to have snapshot of a side of the night elves available to the other faction, but the original race should have the full breath.

I'd give them more item, afterall, Wot was the first time we saw night elven huntres since WC3.. but then the comments they've made recently, it seems it's the last we are going to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Well I mean... it shows. Frankly i've never understood how writers can't find something that grabs them with Sabertooth riding giant lunar Amazons and their Werewolf best friends but, it's all meh at this point."
    Yes, exactly. How can you fuck such a cool concept up?

Night Elves = "They look like High Elves but far too tall and far more savage", "They are the perfect warriors!"... yet they always get portrayed as shit tier fighters who always need some deus ex machina to save them, whether that's Cenarius, Malfurion, Varian infused with wolf Jesus blood, or other such bullshit. Doesn't help they are always used to get trashed in order to portray how threatening the upcoming villain of the arc is.

Worgen = "We have this badass story lined up for them, they're like the Wolverine of the Alliance", "They are dark and sinister, we kind of though of them as the Forsaken of the Alliance when making them"... yet they always get portrayed as treehugging humans in fursuits that are always nice and polite. They come across more like pets to Anduin Wrynn rather than cool dark, gothic fantasy scary werewolves that will tear your face off if you threaten them or anyone who has helped them.

I should be surprised, but at this point I'm not. Hell, I'm not surprised that's what Samwise thinks, considering it seems like he's the one being interviewed. I'm not surprised in the least bit with how half-hearted he sounds when talking about them. Dude is a MASSIVE Horde fanboy and might I add, also a massive piece of shit. I have zero regret or second thoughts about calling him that because he openly invited another piece of shit Horde fanboy to come on stage and scream at the audience that Alliance are "emo cock suckers who should kill themselves".

I will never understand why make this world with various different ideologies and then just favor one over the other by wide margin, but this is the clown world we live in where good writing and storytelling is becoming harder to come by.

7+ Year Old Account
    At that time they prob didn't know that no matter the color people have a fetiche on elves, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    +demon juice

They were getting wiped off the map until a deus (daímonas?) ex machina saves them.
    how dare a single clan lose by an army of elves and a GOD?

the single clan had to drink some demon steroids to fight a GOD? what cheaters amright

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Without raising the prominence of the highborne or aracne wielding night elves, and the illidari, they have exeffecitvely split the night elves into too, the dark elf part exclusively with the nightborne, and the forest elf with the night elf.

I don't like this at all, because the night elf I loved was the night elf - neither forest elf, nor dark elf but having both elements. if the night elves lose the dark elf element, they just become generic forest elves.. this isn't interesting at all. I love wthat we have the nightborne playable, and it's fine to have snapshot of a side of the night elves available to the other faction, but the original race should have the full breath.

I'd give them more item, afterall, Wot was the first time we saw night elven huntres since WC3.. but then the comments they've made recently, it seems it's the last we are going to see.
    Highborn were never a part of the night elfs initial fantasy. Night born are basically pink blood elfs. The more I saw them, the less I thought these two elven fantasies fit together. They are just too much like the old night elf empire, too much focused of their blood lines, that just does not mix well with how night elfs are. I would rather like to see them build up the Shen'dralar and night elf mages.

Night elfs need to be savage again instead of beeing some tree elfs.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2019-05-18 at 10:10 AM.

Kinda confirms my suspicions. It makes sense, I guess, they didn't really fit into either faction.

In hindsight they shouldnt've been Alliance or playable at all if they were going to handle them as poorly as they did, blood elves would've made a much better elf choice and fourth race for the Alliance in classic. Night elves spent most of WoW's history being either shit on or ignored by lore which is downright jarring for being an ancient badass race of matriarchal elves who live in a giant tree and can live for tens of thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Night elves spent most of WoW's history being either shit on or ignored by lore which is downright jarring for being an ancient badass race of matriarchal elves who live in a giant tree and can live for tens of thousands of years.
    Living on a tree wasn't a thing till until world of warcraft, and it was a part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well they are generic wood elves (with player 2 skin) so no real surprise here.
    i wouldn't say that. the wood elves of tolkien still had that elitist high class shit to them, more comparable to high elves in wow.

the night elves were xenophobes, but they were borderline tribal.

it is a real shame what night elf writing has become though. if danuser isn't replaced, it'll never be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Living on a tree wasn't a thing till until world of warcraft, and it was a part of the problem.
    It's true. Vanilla already killed the night elves, it just took a while for the decay to set in. Gender roles = gone. Predators stalking the forest instead of settlements = gone. Stronger than their opposition combined = Gone. Aggression = Gone. Giants, ancients and allies from nature = gone. Soul = gone.

Cataclysm drove the stake in by making them support the Highborne and have to be bailed out by human potential, to be repeated in Mists. 8.1 is unironically the closest they've ever been to their Warcraft portrayal, but we know now that's a sham and that they're already back in the dirt and will soon forgive the Horde or require bailing out by human potential.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Even living in the warhammer universe is better than WoW universe, especially with these writers that are worse than Matt Ward
    Matt Ward isn't so bad, he just really like Ultramarines. CS Goto is the worst one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Can we just rename the series Hordecraft already? Implying the Alliance has any meaningful impact on story aside from being a mcguffin antagonist is just insulting at this point.
    But at the same time WoW right now is basically the story of Anduin becoming the God-King who'll lead united forces of Azeroth against the final big bad. So while the current story is fairly Horde-focused, ultimately, it's there to develop Anduin into who he's destined to become. Anduin and humans in general overshadow everything and everyone in the Alliance, while the Horde can't even fart w/o his assistance, Baine sends him "love" letters, Saurfang discusses honour w/ him, etc. There's an in-fight in the Horde? Warchief is batshit crazy? Mak'gora? What's that? Better ask the Alliance for help... Again :P

WoW is just too human-centric, and both factions suffer from it. Annoying af T_T

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even living in the warhammer universe is better than WoW universe, especially with these writers that are worse than Matt Ward
    What? writing on this expansion is actually pretty fine. Sure, some things are not at best, but you know what? this is all down to opinions, and yours is not the best, is the same as mine

SO don´t say that it is bad when it is not, say that you don´t like it.

Oof, did you notice that Anduin was pretty much WoW's Roboute Guilliman?

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Soon he'll unveil the secret Primaris humans he worked on with even more potential than the base model.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Even WC3 Night Elves were watered down from their concept.

I don’t know how they thought that would be unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Soon he'll unveil the secret Primaris humans he worked on with even more potential than the base model.
    LF Humans 2.0, while Turalyon is a mere prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    "I will gut you. I will skin you. I will behead you."

I don't think Anduin is like Rowboat at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    "I will gut you. I will skin you. I will behead you."

I don't think Anduin is like Rowboat at all
    Oh, they're quite alike. Both are the poster boys of their human factions, that excel at pretty much everything they do, the pinnacle of the true human potential, quite literally.

That's what Anduin and Rawbooty Girlyman have in common, Anduin is still naive and young, he's literally a 18yo kid right now, while Rowboat is a veteran and, technically, old af, just looks young :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The absolute state of night elves. Blizzard just won't stop kicking them.
    not even Blizzard likes night elves ...

... if you want to play superior elven race ... the Horde is waiting ... ?

I Say only that NElves fits more with Elder Scrolls than Warcraft of late.
    Atleast the Sentinels and Priestess of the moon will be the golden girls at the Eyes of Kyne, Dibella and Mara, while Druids of the Claw becomes Hircine's poster boys.

Bonus for them being bros with the empire thanks to Tiber Septim and ol Sotha Sil

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I know, but the concept itself isn't bad by default. The idea of having a massive tree as a home for night elves isn't inherently bad, and can make for some cool fantasy if done right.

There are a ton of huge mistakes they made with night elves in their transition from WC3 to WoW but I never personally found the idea of them living on Teldrassil to be a bad thing. What I did find to be kind of shitty though was to pretty much forget about and then kill off the character that represented the night elves' desire to exclude themselves and stand apart from the other races of the Alliance, because that could have actually led to something a little more interesting than what we had.