Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That's, not what is happening here lol. The reason blizzard is getting a ton of bug reports on beta that are "non bugs" is there are a lot of private server players there who never experienced actual vanilla.
    That proves my point exactly. Private servers are NOT vanilla. People who base their nostalgia on private servers are in for a rough ride. What this list of “reported bugs” shows. They think vanilla was 100% their private server gameplay which it isn’t. Did any of these actually play in 2004 or just jumped on the hype?
    That’s why i said classic is not what people think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    see i think a huge chunk of the problem is how they are handling the beta.
    for the first time that i can remember blizzard is requiring an active subscription in order to actually beta test classic wow.
    this means that those who have been subbed to modern wow were probably the first up to be selected and it really leaves a foul taste in my mouth because blizzard is just cash grabbing at this point with it.
    No way? You have to pay for games? The madness!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has been telling Classic "enthusiasts" just how many actually shitty things were in Vanilla that were changed for the better later on just to have them go "LALALALA NOT LISTENING IT WAS PERFECT", this list makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hilarious. I also love the ones where they're passive aggressively calling out BFA players.
    Hillarious, I agree. Though I'm more surprised by the fact that these were probably the first bug reports that were read by Blizzard in 10 years without someone conjuring up a shitstorm on twitter or an influencer using direct contact with a community manager. It's the only way I can explain why they would actually release a post about it when they ignored everything else since 2010.

It also goes to show that random private servers were in fact usually not accurage representatons of WoW 1.x.y.z

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    An ex roomate and good friend used to complain that he was dumb for rolling tauren hunter in vanilla. He nearly cried laughing when I sent him the tauren hit box clip that has been floating around.
    ?? why would he complain, tauren hunters had smaller deadzone than other hunters.

Did people really thought /sit would trigger enrage / reckoning in Classic ? Lol

Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap.
    Available quests do not display a “!” on the minimap.
    Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth.
    They gave access to the beta to the wrong people, but all those private servers player's tears are delightful.

Private server babies who first saw "vanilla" in 2014 reporting bugs...
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

"Warrior health Regeneration is working at the expected rate."

Hilarious. I also love the ones where they're passive aggressively calling out BFA players.
    don't think they are BFA players. I think they are classic players than misremember stuff and have little faith in blizzard.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah the good old Tauren hitbox, rolled a Tauren Shaman back in vanilla as my first char and being a cow was just a joy... not to mention that half of the time you'd get yourself stuck entering buildings.

I wonder if they're going to keep out of combat ressing in raids, I can't remember if that was fixed in a certain patch.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's a good mix of "its too hard" and "its not hard enough".
    It's a refreshing change from "it's too different" vs. "it's not different enough".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    ?? why would he complain, tauren hunters had smaller deadzone than other hunters.
    Look up tauren hitbox classic or something like that on youtube. You will find videos why it had downsides, like the borderline masturbatory hugging of arena pillars..

That's, not what is happening here lol. The reason blizzard is getting a ton of bug reports on beta that are "non bugs" is there are a lot of private server players there who never experienced actual vanilla.
    Thing like :
    "Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth."
    "Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap."
    "Completed quests are marked on the minimap with a dot. (and not a “?”)"

seem to come more from retail players.

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Thing like :
    "Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth."
    "Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap."
    "Completed quests are marked on the minimap with a dot. (and not a “?”)"

seem to come more from retail players.
    Probably true, but these are still 3 diferent types of issues:

The respawn is a gameplay issue, that just results in downtime and waiting to respawn, well unless it's a cave anyway. Some would probably just call it poor game design today. For recreating the past game, I agree though that it is a vital component to keep around and it can have impact on immersion. On PvP realms it certainly affects interaction with opposing players.

Quest objective tracking is 50% gameplay and 50% QoL. The argument is that most people will just look it up online, today more so than ever before probably. Still definitely also something to keep around though.

Lastly the completed quest map markers are a GUI design issue. Visualizing things just as dots is not something for immersion in general, it's just poor GUI design by today's standards. I'm not a fan of over-engineered GUI designs like completely java reliant websites, but that doesn't mean I want websites to look like the 1990 hodgepodge of different colors and fonts on a black backdrop with 80% adds per page. I can see why some people probably think that uninformative map makers are buggy. I know it's against the spirit of the project, but I can certainly see where people are coming from in this regard. It's closer to wanting old and outdated netcode than wanting LFR imo.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ug-list/175887

Keep reporting things on the beta so blizzard can investigate but most of the things are going to be differences, not bugs.
    I won't report bugs. I'm not in beta. No beta - no reports

Nah the reason they did this is to limit the kind of things that are happening already, if there was no sub required for beta access can you imagine how many private server players would be reporting non bugs?
    and they would get shot down if they were wrong.
    but here is the thing - at least they know about stuff like "quests not tracking", low regen rates, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No way? You have to pay for games? The madness!
    i have no problem having to pay for a game.
    i have a problem having to pay for beta access when you never have had to do this before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Probably true, but these are still 3 diferent types of issues:

The respawn is a gameplay issue, that just results in downtime and waiting to respawn, well unless it's a cave anyway. Some would probably just call it poor game design today. For recreating the past game, I agree though that it is a vital component to keep around and it can have impact on immersion. On PvP realms it certainly affects interaction with opposing players.

Quest objective tracking is 50% gameplay and 50% QoL. The argument is that most people will just look it up online, today more so than ever before probably. Still definitely also something to keep around though.

Lastly the completed quest map markers are a GUI design issue. Visualizing things just as dots is not something for immersion in general, it's just poor GUI design by today's standards. I'm not a fan of over-engineered GUI designs like completely java reliant websites, but that doesn't mean I want websites to look like the 1990 hodgepodge of different colors and fonts on a black backdrop with 80% adds per page. I can see why some people probably think that uninformative map makers are buggy. I know it's against the spirit of the project, but I can certainly see where people are coming from in this regard. It's closer to wanting old and outdated netcode than wanting LFR imo.
    no matter what you want to call it, those things are vanilla though. so they aren't bugs, its working as intended.

[QUOTE=AceofH;51205246]
    i have a problem having to pay for beta access when you never have had to do this before.
    /QUOTE]

But then you have problems with paying for a product. Deal with it, creating games cost money. Besides, they don't really need you to test the game this time around. We already tested vanilla some 16 years ago. This is not so much a beta as a promotion given out mainly to streamers in order to get free publicity.

[QUOTE=Aggrophobic;51205259]
    /QUOTE]

But then you have problems with paying for a product. Deal with it, creating games cost money. Besides, they don't really need you to test the game this time around. We already tested vanilla some 16 years ago. This is not so much a beta as a promotion given out mainly to streamers in order to get free publicity.
    Apparently you don't know what stress testing is, which is primarily what this beta is for.

no matter what you want to call it, those things are vanilla though. so they aren't bugs, its working as intended.
    No questions there, people want the actual old feeling (at least they think), they should get it. I'm just against ridiculing people for scratching their heads with features that affect no one, really. I'm not sure what you could do back then with interface mods, but it's something that people could and will (if possible) fix via them anyway.

[QUOTE=Aggrophobic;51205259]
    /QUOTE]

so they should call it what it is then. early access. until then its a beta, until then you get to shut up about what it is and what it is not.
    if it was already beta tested, why are they finding issues that are legit issues?

I mean some of these make sense to report as bugs. Like the literal "Questgivers with multiple quests inconcsistently are marked with a ! or a dot" bug Blizz refuses to fix for authenticity, despite also caving on inconsistency elsewhere (hellooooo Wrath water).

Or who the hell would remember Tauren used to have a giant hitbox?
    Me for one. Was especially helpful in TBC for Lady Vashj for the fearing striders.