Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Will there be world "exploration"?

Going to the "Emeral Dream", to GM Isle and the whole world exploration was a great deal for many of us. It was possible to do for quite a long time, I think all the way through WotLK if I recall correctly but then Blizzard started reinforcing their invisible walls quite a lot, plus they added flying, which virtually killed half of the fun there.

Do you think that those areas will be there? such as GM Isle..
    Do you think they have rebuilt the invisible wall system or could it really be at the same stage as classic?

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Going to the "Emeral Dream", to GM Isle and the whole world exploration was a great deal for many of us. It was possible to do for quite a long time, I think all the way through WotLK if I recall correctly but then Blizzard started reinforcing their invisible walls quite a lot, plus they added flying, which virtually killed half of the fun there.

Do you think they have rebuilt the invisible wall system or could it really be at the same stage as classic?
    Anything accessible via wall jumping will no longer be as its running on the new game client which made wall jumping impossible.

7+ Year Old Account

you couldnt go to the emerald dream... it was a thing in the game files that you had to download a special server to get to.
    gm island did exist but going there got you banned, and also you needed to exploit to get there, and nah it was walled off long before wotlk

they wont even use gm island, and any who try to get therte will be banned so...

no, those were not exploration, that was cheating to get there.

mount hyjal i guess, but they are not going to readd mount hyjal and wall climbing is removed so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Most of the map glitches were fixed in patch 1.12 already, combine that with the current client where wall climbing is no longer possible and it is pretty clear that there won't be any "exploration" of this kind.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lol, riiiiight. Next you'll tell me getting to IF Airport or the org memorial or under IF were cheating too. GM Island, at varying times, was easily accessible without cheating. It won't be in classic, of course, but that doesn't change history.

you couldnt go to the emerald dream... it was a thing in the game files that you had to download a special server to get to.
    gm island did exist but going there got you banned, and also you needed to exploit to get there, and nah it was walled off long before wotlk

they wont even use gm island, and any who try to get therte will be banned so...

mount hyjal i guess, but they are not going to readd mount hyjal and wall climbing is removed so.
    You couldn't be more wrong about the GM Island.
    No you do not get banned, and no, it has not been walled. There are methods of getting there. Youtube is your friend.

As a side note, its getting removed next patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right there was a possibility to rocket boost yourself with glider from Teldrassil in order to reach the GM island, if im not mistaken that was fixed a long time ago.

Exploration was always a thing when the world was "invented" people reached some unreachable islands (from booty bay shores to the east there was a island probably which was deleted in some patches). Well, if they recreate world, then there is a possibility they add something new (they mentioned in the classic poll before starting they could add/remake some ditched stuff like Grim Batol raid etc etc). So if they really want to make more X-factor stuff to the game (we loved the game not because it was ONLY awesome and the best RPG during that time, but also because there were alotta things like Easter eggs, hidden rooms, unused objects), they have to make something really... new? I dont know, then it wont be Classic we used to know

w/e I guess it'll be possible to go under the VanCliff dungeon, but its still possible on live i guess?
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

combine that with the current client where wall climbing is no longer possible
    I will miss this thing

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt GM Island will be accessible in Classic. Going there back in the day was a huge no-no, and if I remember correctly, even getting there required you to break the ToS.

GM Isle is no longer needed as they are no longer in game characters. It was a place they could log into to be part of the server and whisper people. As for wall walking, log out macro jumping, wall clipping and many other exploitable methods of reaching locked out content. They will likely not be part of the game. I also doubt they will recreate Old IF, Under Kara, and others like that.

5+ Year Old Account
    You can get underneath Stormwind and likely to plenty of other places. But walljumping isn't going to be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no?

There was a test emerald dream underneath the floor in the Deadmines instance map.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Um, no?

There was a test emerald dream underneath the floor in the Deadmines instance map.
    that was not a test emerald dream, it was a random collection of objects

it was iterally just a crevice with some rocks and floating trees...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully yes, seeing Archimonde's skeleton at the World Tree is awesome.

Terrain exploitation and other bugs/glitches would probably be fixed.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Anything accessible via wall jumping will no longer be as its running on the new game client which made wall jumping impossible.
    That was my fear :/

I guess it is impossible to get actual classic back, makes sense tho.

Interview on the frontpage says they left harmless bugs/exploits in classic. This reddit post shows that it is possible to go under Stormwind in the classic beta. So when it comes to "Will you be able to get to GM Island, Quel'Thalas, etc.?" I think the answer will be "yes".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Um, no?

Point of fact, it was an Outland dev playground. Some of the assets in the Deadmines playground were reused in an unused Outland map, which itself was used as a prototype for Hellfire Peninsula.

edit: What I'm happy about is that I'll be able to revisit my old hideout at Quel'Thalas without needing all sorts of wizardry and exploits. Just an epic mount, water walking potions, and a trip to Scarlet Monastery.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account

I guess they might be, and they might still be bannable offenses.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I appreciate your use of quotations.