Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    US definitely doesn't look entirely secular given all we see (and this thread). Religious groups clearly have huge influence there. Most Presidents say oath on Bible to avoid pissing them off.

Maybe you don't understand what Secular State means. Nominally, US is (or, perhaps, was) one.

But can you imagine open atheist as US President?
    I'll take that evasion as a yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Consensual rape, about on the same level as consensual murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you Americans understand that up until now your gun touting bullshit was bordering insanity compared to the rest of the world, but with this now you've pole jumped yourself into batshitcrazyland.
    Yes, there is a reason my alcohol assumption has increased significantly this past week lol. Numbing the pain of having my rights taken away yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I am on the verge of clocking the next man that tries to offer a pro-life opinion in the jaw, truth be told. The right wing's attack on women lately has been nothing short of despicable, to the point that I'm willing to call any pro-lifer a misogynist.

Thank you, I really needed to hear about more men who have our backs. You're a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Another one what the fuck is up the lack of rape/incest excemptions... Holy shit that just seems so fucking degenerative to me. Another state to just yikes the fuck out of.
    They also have some of the worst Maternal Mortality rates, as well as infant.

60% of maternal Death's were preventable in Georgia as well.

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-05-18 at 04:18 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I get the feeling that anything less than complete, abortion-on-demand, any time even after birth if the abortion fails is extreme restriction. That's definitely the feeling I get. And I get the feeling that, from many conservatives, any abortion at any time ever is extreme.

Good luck with that, guys.
    Abortion is banned after ~20-21 weeks in most states unless the woman's life is at risk or the fetus is unviable. So for example, if the fetus is dead and not removing it would give the mother sepsis.

Or if the fetus was braindead and would not survive outside of the womb, abortion is less suffering for the mother to have to give birth to a dead fetus and then bury it. When you give birth, a huge influx of endorphins is released during the birth to try better cope with the pain of it, and an insanely massive amount right after the birth similar to the levels of an orgasm to promote bonding between mother and child. Giving birth to a baby that will die almost instantaneously still does that and is infinitely more painful for the mother. Not only that, but the child will slowly die outside of the womb in a matter of around ~3 days and be in immense amounts of pain. The more humane thing to do is abortion in that case.

I recommend reading up on how a women's reproductive system works and what the process of pregnancy and birth entails, because it seems like there just aren't enough people out there that know how it works and why doctors recommend these things. And that is exactly why the decision should solely be between a woman and her doctor.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2019-05-18 at 04:21 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I get the feeling that anything less than complete, abortion-on-demand, any time even after birth if the abortion fails is extreme restriction. That's definitely the feeling I get. And I get the feeling that, from many conservatives, any abortion at any time ever is extreme.

Good luck with that, guys.
    Then I don't think you're actually reading what anyone's typing? I don't know where you're getting anything about the former from anyone posting in here, as even the most ardent Pro Choice people understand there's a cut-off point if the Baby's healthy and the mother isn't at risk of dying from the pregnancy. Though Endus and Flower put it way better than I could anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I recommend reading up on how a women's reproductive system works and what the process of pregnancy and birth entails, because it seems like there just aren't enough people out there that know how it works and why doctors recommend these things.
    A lot of people already don't realize how bad Maternal and Infant Mortality (infant mortality to a lesser degree varies by state) Rate is in America, have fun trying to get them to understand how Pregnancy Works.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-05-18 at 04:31 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A lot of people already don't realize how bad Maternal and Infant Mortality Rate is in America, have fun trying to get them to understand how Pregnancy Works.
    It's just a forever losing battle where I have to constantly explain how my own fucking body works because a large segment of the population never fucking bothers to learn about it before they decide to form an opinion about it and only their opinion is the right one so we should all do what they say, which means I no longer have any say over my own body anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Then I don't think you're actually reading what anyone's typing? I don't know where you're getting anything about the former from anyone posting in here, as even the most ardent Pro Choice people understand there's a cut-off point if the Baby's healthy and the mother isn't at risk of dying from the pregnancy. Though Endus and Flower put it way better than I could anyway.
    One of their favourite little misdirections, that I'll point out pre-emptively, is this late-term abortion stuff, particularly with regards to Canada. Canada has no laws regarding abortion. Literally, none, other than the same medical-ethics stuff that covers the entire medical field. By law, a doctor can pursue an abortion whenever he and the patient want it.

This is where the misdirection occurs, because the lack of any law does not mean there's a lack of ethical medical practice. Doctors won't abort a healthy late-term baby in the vast majority of circumstances; they'll induce a birth or extract the fetus through caesarean. That's the safest practice, at that point, in the vast majority of cases, for both mother and fetus. A late-term abortion only occurs when it's medically warranted, and those circumstances are rare.

But they like to pretend that because we don't have a law banning it, relying on doctors to have better understanding of medical ethics and practice than politicians (crazy notion, right?), that Canada must therefore be aborting all kinds of late-term pregnancies willy-nilly because WOO ABORTIONS R COOOOL!

It's obviously bullshit. Because they don't care about the facts. They care about pushing a completely horseshit perspective of the world based upon lies and fearmongering, to scare otherwise decent people into accidentally supporting a regressive limitation on women's basic human rights, for an at least implicitly religious motivation (though often, overtly as hell).

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A lot of people already don't realize how bad Maternal and Infant Mortality (infant mortality to a lesser degree varies by state) Rate is in America, have fun trying to get them to understand how Pregnancy Works.
    I would be remiss not to point out that currently CA has the lowest maternal mortality rate (4.5 deaths per 100,000 live births) and infant mortality rate (3.0 deaths per 1,000 live births) in the USA. USA maternal mortality rate of 26.4 exclude CA. If we include CA, the rate for USA drops to 20.2. Many statisticians prefer to exclude CA because between the outlier low mortality number and the large population, it skewed the mortality rate down too much.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    <Polite Snip>
    Honestly I was just more hung up on how he seems to have the need to craft this dishonest middle ground when the space he's claiming to occupy is where most left leaning people already are.

Another one what the fuck is up the lack of rape/incest excemptions... Holy shit that just seems so fucking degenerative to me. Another state to just yikes the fuck out of.
    There are at least two reasons:
    1. If you actually think abortion is murder, then making exemptions for rape and incest make no sense. You can't murder a baby just because their father raped their mother.
    2. As far as I'm aware, there is nothing genuine about these laws in the slightest, and they're only passing them for the sole purpose of getting to the Supreme Court. So they have to be as inflammatory as possible to get as strong a legal reaction as they can.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There are at least two reasons:
    1. If you actually think abortion is murder, then making exemptions for rape and incest make no sense. You can't murder a baby just because their father raped their mother.
    2. As far as I'm aware, there is nothing genuine about these laws in the slightest, and they're only passing them for the sole purpose of getting to the Supreme Court. So they have to be as inflammatory as possible to get as strong a legal reaction as they can.
    Which is why Alabama, Missouri, and Georgia probably coordinated all their respective Abortion bills to go into effect at around the same time. Kinda compound the scumbaggery and force the Courts to confront them on this and try and get Roe repealed while they've got a Right-leaning Supreme Court majority and before the Democrats can retake the White house and senate.

It's a desperate, super shitty way to force the misguided beliefs of a select few onto a majority that either doesn't want them, or who didn't care strongly enough before now opposing them because this round of bullshit's going too far. And for some dumbfuck reason, they think that the law's going to be entirely in their court on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And those people are almost all religious extremists. Pro-life stances are pseudo-religious if not overtly so, to begin with, and denying abortion rights is an extremist stance, full stop. There is literally no other country in the developed world that bans abortions. Not one. So yes; wanting to ban abortions makes you an extremist
    I have to correct you on this Endus because there is one country in the developed world that bans abortion but it reinforces your point rather than goes against it. That country is Northern Ireland and the ban is purely because of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    I have to correct you on this Endus because there is one country in the developed world that bans abortion but it reinforces your point rather than goes against it. That country is Northern Ireland and the ban is purely because of religion.
    Actually, they legalized it last year about this time. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-abortion-bans
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...alise-abortion

That's the wrong Ireland. That's the South which repealed their law. Abortion is still illegal in Northern Ireland.

If you’re in the UK and you’re furious, there is something you can do. Call your MP. Tell them to decriminalise abortion in Northern Ireland

From the first article you posted.
    Last edited by Candiman; 2019-05-18 at 09:13 AM.

And for some dumbfuck reason, they think that the law's going to be entirely in their court on this.
    That would be the same reason they oppose abortion in the first place: They think it's what God wants.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes i wonder why would young women even want to live in those states, just make your life in another woman friendly state and let those religious white male republicans live with each other.

To be fair a lot of the south is the product of incest /badumdum.

It's a desperate, super shitty way to force the misguided beliefs of a select few onto a majority that either doesn't want them, or who didn't care strongly enough before now opposing them because this round of bullshit's going too far. And for some dumbfuck reason, they think that the law's going to be entirely in their court on this.
    It's almost like Trump said exactly that on the campaign trail.

In his final debate with Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump was asked whether he wanted to see Roe v. Wade overturned. “Well, if we put another two or perhaps three justices on, that’s really what’s going to be — that will happen,” he said. “And that’ll happen automatically, in my opinion, because I am putting pro-life justices on the court.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...erturning-roe/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's almost like Trump said exactly that on the campaign trail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...erturning-roe/
    Yeah, nice job to all the bernie bros out there.

https://twitter.com/pelosiforsf/stat...645888?lang=en

Good shit.