Classic "not a bug" List from Devs

I found this on WoWhead this morning and thought I'd share it. Gave me a great chuckle reading the list.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291779/...not-a-bug-list

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I found this on WoWhead this morning and thought I'd share it. Gave me a great chuckle reading the list.

any reason to make another thread about it?

7+ Year Old Account
    The only one that surprised me was the /sit crit proc bit. There was a lot of discussion around this. There were two camps on the matter A) Sit did not cause crit and B) Sit causes Crit and triggers effect.

Turns out it was that Sit did cause crit but no effect.

So Taurens are supposed to have like a 12 yard hit range??

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    The only one that surprised me was the /sit crit proc bit. There was a lot of discussion around this. There were two camps on the matter A) Sit did not cause crit and B) Sit causes Crit and triggers effect.

Turns out it was that Sit did cause crit but no effect.
    Pretty much no reason to level as 2H fury until 40 now, going as arms and picking up tactical mastery will make tanking while leveling significantly less tedious while saving a respec cost increase too.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    yes, taurens had increased reach in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    yes, taurens had increased reach in vanilla.
    Kinda disappointed they don't get the racial mount they had in early early vanilla. The one where if they ran in a straight line for x amount of yards, they'd get on all fours and they'd run at mount speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda disappointed they don't get the racial mount they had in early early vanilla. The one where if they ran in a straight line for x amount of yards, they'd get on all fours and they'd run at mount speed.
    That was during Alpha and never made it to live though.

Yes.

Taurens are the largest race in vanilla WoW. They're MUCH bigger than a Human or an Orc.

Crazy huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    That was during Alpha and never made it to live though.
    Woopsie, now I just feel old...

no idea. been too long since vanilla - not sure if it is 12, 11 or 10.554 yrds, but ye, it was big

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-are-not-bugs

You're a day behind on your thread.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Yes.

Taurens are the largest race in vanilla WoW. They're MUCH bigger than a Human or an Orc.

Crazy huh?!
    I knew they had a larger hit box, I just didn't know it was supposed to be that huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a good chuckle but Orange Joe is right below..

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-are-not-bugs

You're a day behind on your thread.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am pretty sure that /sit did trigger a crit as well as the effects (like reckoning) back in the days, that a paladin one shot Kazzak by dueling with a feral druid (fast 1.0 atk spd) and sitting to store the reckoning charges. This was later changed to reckoning had only 4 charges max. , but reckoning (as well as other similar talents) triggering from a sitting player WAS how vanilla worked.

That "not a bug" list is actually trying to fool us.

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyz View Post
    I am pretty sure that /sit did trigger a crit as well as the effects (like reckoning) back in the days, that a paladin one shot Kazzak by dueling with a feral druid (fast 1.0 atk spd) and sitting to store the reckoning charges. This was later changed to reckoning had only 4 charges max. , but reckoning (as well as other similar talents) triggering from a sitting player WAS how vanilla worked.

That "not a bug" list is actually trying to fool us.
    It is how it worked very EARLY on, it is not how it worked in 1.12.

As others have mentioned, we have an active thread on this: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-are-not-bugs

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis