Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was a good chuckle. A lot of the things were just life then.. At least they didn't keep the server instability..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Man I played (back half of) Vanilla and all of BC, I never once heard that Tauren had a giant hitbox. I found that out for the first time watching one of the Classic PvP streams today.
    They literally had to widen tower openings because their hitbox couldn't fit through.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I get all of these, except for this one:

This just seems beyond stupid to me and like something that should be fixed. This isn't something that's 'working as intended', enhances gameplay or anything like that. It's just an annoying visual bug that's nothing more than a nuisance.
    Yeah I don't see why they shouldn't fix that one tbh. Surely even the most vociferous 'no changes' people wouldn't have an issue with that?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yeah I don't see why they shouldn't fix that one tbh. Surely even the most vociferous 'no changes' people wouldn't have an issue with that?
    Not a single person would have even remembered it. I have alot of very vivid photographic memories of 2005-6 WoW and I cant seem to picture what that is even talking about.

I only started playing mid TBC and even i remember about hitbox inconsistency. Private server community and big streamers did a good job fighting for Classic wow but what is happening now is pretty hilarious to watch. I saw Esfand complaining about how seal damage occurs with a slight delay but this behaviour is the reason that seal-twisting technique was possible. These so called vanilla veterans are joke.

"Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate."

ha, looks like some people have been abusing bugs on private servers and they thought this was in real Vanilla. Sorry exploiters

Quote Originally Posted by Vofka View Post
    I only started playing mid TBC and even i remember about hitbox inconsistency. Private server community and big streamers did a good job fighting for Classic wow but what is happening now is pretty hilarious to watch. I saw Esfand complaining about how seal damage occurs with a slight delay but this behaviour is the reason that seal-twisting technique was possible. These so called vanilla veterans are joke.
    Esfand said on AllCast earlier that his first experience with "vanilla" was a private server in like 2014 or something. Hes very open about not having actually played the original game, but he does whine about things as fact unironically while admitting that which is...awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    "Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate."

ha, looks like some people have been abusing bugs on private servers and they thought this was in real Vanilla. Sorry exploiters
    Ye, that happened on private servers. Not sure how it's an abuse lol

Most of the bugs are gonna be small visual things. All the data is right, it's just a matter of how the data is interpreted. I noticed several things like the warlock pet not animated in the character screen, spell effects looking off proportionally (there is almost no tail on druid's wrath). Its just a lot of small details. The core of the game is solid AF atm.

just shows that most of the classic heroes didnt actually play vanilla but rather private servers with altered mechanics and bugfixes that didnt exist in vanilla

Isn't the damage tied to how fast the "updating" is happening serverside? Hence why private servers have instant damage, no spell casting delay when button pressed and looting is instantaneous. As i recall Blizzard wanted to try and replicate the 250ms batching?

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Isn't the damage tied to how fast the "updating" is happening serverside? Hence why private servers have instant damage, no spell casting delay when button pressed and looting is instantaneous. As i recall Blizzard wanted to try and replicate the 250ms batching?
    I don't know the exact detail, but yes private servers process things differently and this is reason why some things like seal-twisting couldn't be recreated by pserver developers. Another such example would be a notorious "3:2 macro" hunter dps rotation from TBC, it was made possible because of Blizzard's spell queue system. On private servers 3:2 macro doesn't work because their serverside software is different and the spell queue isn't present.

I don't know the exact detail, but yes private servers process things differently and this is reason why some things like seal-twisting couldn't be recreated by pserver developers. Another such example would be a notorious "3:2 macro" hunter dps rotation from TBC, it was made possible because of Blizzard's spell queue system. On private servers 3:2 macro doesn't work because their serverside software is different and the spell queue isn't present.
    Is that similar to Vanillas "Autoshot make sandwhich spec" and macro that hunters could literally push go afk and outdps half a raid anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Because the goal is authenticity, you start straying from that even on the small stuff and we got a different game than 2006.
    But we already get a massively different game than 2006. I'd buy your argument if Blizzard went with progressive itemization, but they're clearly going to lock raids while keeping items in their final form. It's as far away from authentic they could make it as they've introduced itemization inbalances that simply did not exist for these raid tiers.

Long story short: The authenticity argument is BS. Blizzard simply does what they want.

i love the irony . when some people after 3 years of spreading nonsense on this forums finaly have no choice but to admit how many elements of classic were shit as they report them as bugs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No questions there, people want the actual old feeling (at least they think), they should get it. I'm just against ridiculing people for scratching their heads with features that affect no one, really. I'm not sure what you could do back then with interface mods, but it's something that people could and will (if possible) fix via them anyway.
    The issue is that if you let slip even the most harmless, hardest to spot non-strictly Vanilla feature, you will have a bunch of retailers going full REEEEEE GIEF TOKENS & LFR PLX in no time at all. Slippery slope and all that jazz, you know... Of course it's a fallacy, but it won't stop that from happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    But we already get a massively different game than 2006. I'd buy your argument if Blizzard went with progressive itemization, but they're clearly going to lock raids while keeping items in their final form. It's as far away from authentic they could make it as they've introduced itemization inbalances that simply did not exist for these raid tiers.

Long story short: The authenticity argument is BS. Blizzard simply does what they want.
    I know they are doing this, but are we talking about substantial, game changing stuff, or just stat fixes? Are we talking about items that you get at a vendor, or will take 2-3 months of dungeons and raids before 30-40% of the server has said items?

And, does this make a tangible difference in how pre-AQ/Naxx content will be cleared? If this change does not trivialize content, then I don't think it's a massive difference.

To add to my point, I started playing in July of 2006, and hit max in November of '06, so if I am correct I played all of my vanilla experience in 1.12 conditions, and I can assure you that the raids I was present for were not LFR facerolls.

Also, there are certain items that will only be entered in with various phases, so items that were in 1.12 but were not available in, say, the MC or BWL patches, won't be available until their corresponding patch.

All this doesn't change the fact that Blizzard determines the level of authenticity, but I don't know how impactful it will be.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    just shows that most of the classic heroes didnt actually play vanilla but rather private servers with altered mechanics and bugfixes that didnt exist in vanilla
    which includes 90% of streamers who fought so hard for "original" vanilla experience

and now whine that classic is not like their private servers.

hillarius

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    which includes 90% of streamers who fought so hard for "original" vanilla experience

and now whine that classic is not like their private servers.

hillarius
    Are they whining or reporting what they think is a bug? After they find it is an intended feature, they might just shrug and say "Oh, ok."

I'm not just playing DA here, are there people loudly complaining yet?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I get all of these, except for this one:

This just seems beyond stupid to me and like something that should be fixed. This isn't something that's 'working as intended', enhances gameplay or anything like that. It's just an annoying visual bug that's nothing more than a nuisance.
    but thats something you wanted

original expeirence

game being half broken and half garbage

thats what you fought so hard guys

thats what for you ridiculed "you think you do but you dont"

well do you or you dont want ?