Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ion Hazzikostas responds to in-game shop in Classic

xDlate: "Are you going to implement in-game shop or things like that?"

Ion Hazzikostas: "Definitely not at launch. We may down the line if it's something that players want. When we say the shop I mean specifically only the services that were available in the original Classic period. Things like server transfers and race changes were available later in Classic. I could see a world in--let's say a year into Classic--as realms have become mature where a player wants to transfer to a different server to join a guild there to play with their friends, and they want us to provide a way that can make it happen. That's the sort of things we would do but no pets and mounts for sale or anything like that."

wowhead.com/news=291757/xdlate-wow-classic-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-calie-schie

Wth???

Race changes were implemented in wotlk! Server transfers were in but it had a 6 month cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post

Ion Hazzikostas: "Definitely not at launch. We may down the line if it's something that players want. When we say the shop I mean specifically only the services that were available in the original Classic period. Things like server transfers and race changes were available later in Classic. I could see a world in--let's say a year into Classic--as realms have become mature where a player wants to transfer to a different server to join a guild there to play with their friends, and they want us to provide a way that can make it happen. That's the sort of things we would do but no pets and mounts for sale or anything like that."

wowhead.com/news=291757/xdlate-wow-classic-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-calie-schie

Wth???

Race changes were implemented in wotlk! Server transfers were in but it had a 6 month cd.
    Depends what you class as "Classic," there have been mentions of Classic expanding to cover TBC and WotLK and personally I'd accept both of those as the Classic period due to them having the original Old World content and old-style talent trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Depends what you class as "Classic," there have been mentions of Classic expanding to cover TBC and WotLK and personally I'd accept both of those as the Classic period due to them having the original Old World content and old-style talent trees.
    Even better if they share assets, to help save space on your HDD and their server bandwidth.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    It needs to be held to transfer on a cooldown imo. No customize, no race change, no gender change.

This is hilarious. Muh slippery slope indeed.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Server transfer was added in mid 2006
    Race change in late 2009

I'm fine with both tbh, but I'd make u keep the name if u RC

Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post

Wth???

there were no race changes in Van WOW, if IH said it i'm truly amazed, if you are saying it was so, you did not play Van WOW

race changes came in Oct 27 2009, so with classic right now being Van WOW 1-60, there should be no race changes ever. i see some playing off the loose legalize, but still, the date paid race changes were introduced would eliminate the feature for a true Classic TBC, and first half of Classic WOTLK
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-05-18 at 03:23 PM.

lol like they care what you people think

ofc they will implement it - its potential milions of $$$ for them .

I'm fine with a lot of these quality of life changes. The #NoChanges movement will die a swift death once players get into Classic and realize what a shitshow it really was, and the mass player base will overrule the holdouts on things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like not a problem at all, if ya wanna race change let em, dont force people to lvl and gear another char thru the shitshow that is classic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Many you guys really are purists jesus christ. Maybe take a step back and realize that being 100% accurate to even the exact relative dates of feature release isn't that big of a deal.

And this one doesn't even affect the game.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Many you guys really are purists jesus christ. Maybe take a step back and realize that being 100% accurate to even the exact relative dates of feature release isn't that big of a deal.

And this one doesn't even affect the game.
    It kinda does... if your a bastard being able to get a fresh start without rolling back from level 1 isnt something that existed in classic and this change actively harms the communities ability to black list problem players.

When it comes into the game we can discuss it. Some interview words that just rolled from Ions words is pretty meaningless.

I don't really see the big deal with race change.

People already know going into Classic how to min/max racials and its not like they will be balanced or adjusted over the course of Vanilla. Its really just a 100% cosmetic thing.

Kind of on the fence about it being put in vanilla. One of the reasons vanilla and later TBC (which is when I started playing) felt like they did was because your choice mattered. Once you rolled a troll mage, you remained a troll mage unless you started another character. That crazy gnome rogue on your server was always that crazy gnome rogue. There was some consistency and permanence, before the game began to feel like a shop window. Ehh, I dunno. Not gonna riot over it.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2019-05-18 at 04:03 PM.

THey said there wont be a pet/mount shop specifically, sot it means other services including token will be implemented sure as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    there were no race changes in Van WOW, if IH said it i'm truly amazed, if you are saying it was so, you did not play Van WOW

race changes came in Oct 27 2009, so with classic right now being Van WOW 1-60, there should be no race changes ever. i see some playing off the loose legalize, but still, the date paid race changes were introduced would eliminate the feature for a true Classic TBC, and first half of Classic WOTLK
    So he may have misspoken, but he intent of what he said is clear: an in-game shop, if implemented in the future, would only contain services that were available during vanilla WoW, not things that came later, like mounts, pets and transmog items.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    THey said there wont be a pet/mount shop specifically, sot it means other services including token will be implemented sure as hell.
    Thought they already told us that they wont implement Tokens in Classic.
    You can still buy and sell them on retail with the same subscription.

Good. I'd rather pay the few bucks to change than to reroll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    It kinda does... if your a bastard being able to get a fresh start without rolling back from level 1 isnt something that existed in classic and this change actively harms the communities ability to black list problem players.
    Yeah just wanted to say, think of the ninjas! Steal a piece of loot, then race/name change and golden.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders