Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Sorry, but I'm assuming by your ignorance you haven't seen Captain Marvel, Endgame's final scene, or read any of the titles from the past decade. Maybe YOU should stop inventing the premise of false outrage.
    You chiding anyone else on ignorance is simply hilarious and the mother of all ironies lol. I don’t need to invent any premise when it’s conservatives who have been getting their panties in a bunch over what massive and fragile snowflakes they are .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Robert Pattinson is to Twilight what Daniel Radcliffe is to Harry Potter. Both have had success after their breakout roles but it's hard for them to shake off their link to the character. I feel sorry for them both in this regard.

Well, he can't be worse than Affleck. Or can he?

Yikes.. they must be really desperate to attract teens and early twenty somethings. Because nothing about the guy screams bruce wayne to me. I would buy him as robin or nightwing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Not a black lesbian cripple girl?
    Oh wait, it’s DC, not Marvel.
    Nice. 24 hours later DC puts me down with a “Hold my soymilk “ moment.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

Time will tell, but from what I have seen he does not have the physical presence I expect from Batman. Maybe after a year in the gym.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Time will tell, but from what I have seen he does not have the physical presence I expect from Batman. Maybe after a year in the gym.
    It's not just gym, the guy would need to seriously beef up, since he has just a more slender build in general. His body is perfect for teen romance stories since he looks like the boy band arche type, but whenever I think about batman I think about someone imposing with square jaw. That's also why I never liked the Bale version with the fake deep voice that just came across as some nerd pretending to be batman. I guess the animated series pretty much had the perfect batman for my taste.

He could probably make a good Terry McGinnis / Batman Beyond, but I just can't see him as a Bruce Wayne - Batman.

I keep reading "Robert Pattinson" as "Pat Robertson." I had a very different idea of what the next Batman would look like for awhile there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    As long as he does it justice and doesn't sparkle, I'd be okay with it.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Emo batman. Can't wait! xD

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Gotta say, it's amusing watching the very same wheel begin another turn for a new actor. All the same hate and "he's a bad choice!!11!!" comments that were had with Affleck or Heath Ledger as Joker... let that wheel turn!

Christian Bale was the worst Batman, btw. How anyone took him serious with that voice will forever be beyond me (also why I find the Trilogy pretty meh, overall). Just bring back Michael Keaton.
    I think Batmans fall in two categories: the guys who play a good Bruce Wayne, and the guys who play a good Batman.

I thought Keaton and Clooney were good Bruce Waynes. Keaton was a bit too much of a smarmy asshole, and Clooney too much of a lady's man to capture the anger of Batman in the suit.

Kilmer and Bale, I thought, were good Batmans. And I actually thought Batfleck was the closest to being a good Wayne and a good Batman. His Wayne was rich playboy but still had that orphan sadness and seriousness to him underneath the surface, and his Batman was fucking psychotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Arnie Hammer would have been a better choice.
    He has the chin for it, and that's required for any actor playing Batman.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Not a black lesbian cripple girl?
    Oh wait, it’s DC, not Marvel.
    Go back to stormfront.

I don't see point in complaining about this. Clooney is probably the single best actor to be Batman but he got a shitty movie to be Batman in.

A good script and director should be able to deal with any performance limitations.

It would be nice if he does a good Batman voice. The best Batvoice is probably still Stephen Amell.

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    That's only because he was written to be that way. Affleck was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Could this Batman be in the same universe as Joaquin phoenix's Joker will be? I'd have no issue with DC just scrapping the previous DCEU and rather trying to copy marvel this time make an actual authentic DC universe, more grounded and gritty. Especially since the MCU is reached it's peak and is going to go increasingly scifi etc
    Phoenix's Joker seems to meet Bruce when he's just a child. By the time he'd become Batman, that Joker would probably be dead. Now, that doesn't mean this Batman isn't in the same universe, but at most, he'd be fighing a younger Joker, inspired by the original one, which would make the connection between the films a lot weaker.

I'll take some heat for saying this, but I actually think Ben Affleck was a fine choice for Batman. The problem was that he was Batman in a series of shitty movies.

Robert Pattinson (I thought for sure it was Patterson...) wouldn't be my first pick, but in some ways I could see him being good for the character.

Listen; as cool as Batman is, BRUCE WAYNE is a shitty fucking character. He never has any personality or charisma, he's just kind of a robot that is devoid of any memorable qualities, except that sometimes he's super broody.

I actually thought some of the later Twilight movies were fine (in fact, I actually thought the last one was a fun watch), but especially in his other work, he comes across as a very likeable guy. I think that's a quality that "Bruce Wayne", as a character, really could use. When your lead character is TOO stoic, they just come off as boring. I think Christian Bale did a fine job as "the Batman we know", but at the end of the day, did anyone really give a shit what happens to him? The only reason he was the "hero", is because the antagonists were so clearly "villains". I never once thought to myself, "Boy, I sure hope things work out for Bruce Wayne by the end of this movie, he really deserves it".

The trick is, just don't make him a goddamn brooding character the whole fucking time. He obviously is defined by his tragic origins, but I think it would be a nice change of pace to see a slightly "weaker" Bruce Wayne, who actually makes the effort to "put on a happy face", and at least *tries* to hide that inner turmoil.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    From one shitty choice to another...
    Yeah from looking at the image of the prospective actor I went yikes..

It's a Snyder movie...and Snyder was very open about wanting to take the tone from "The Dark Knight Returns" comics. Affleck was the brutal, darker Batman that was obviously coming.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.