Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Even if alot of the bugs reported aren't bugs, there will still be some that will be found even by private server players, and that's the point blizzard have the 1.12 client working and they can test whatever is reported to check.

And honestly, some of the most obscure bugs found are by some private server tryhard that test every single little thing, for example perplexity stream all his testing. He found out for example that rogue can on the beta use mouseover macro to use any ability on a target without targeting it to keep all the combo point on the main target (when you target something else you are supposed to lose all your combo point on your previous target but mouseover macro allow to bypass that and can make rogue broken) this isnt the kind of thing normal players can find.
    I fully get that, but it would be much better for the progress of the beta to get actual vanilla boys in there.....especially ones with no private server experience. All of my memories from vanilla WoW come from actual vanilla WoW, i have no memory of how private servers do things so my feedback would be especially helpful. I am no snowflake there are lots of people out there like myself, blizz just needs to find these people (maybe check overall played time or something?) and get them onto the beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, the goal of the beta is the get the "authentic" 2006 experience that blizzard has used as their framework since the beginning of the project. Getting people in from actual vanilla is how you do this. One thing just off the top of my head i want to check is, can you duel in ironforge? In 2006 (and part of tbc) you could start duels behind the right pillar outside of the bank in IF. It would zone you to dun morough so the duel could be initiated, there was also a place in the military ward (by the stairs i believe) where you could do the same thing.

Its stuff like that that is going to make or break the authentic experience blizzard wants, and private server guys alone cannot find this stuff.

[QUOTE=Aggrophobic;51205765]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

Hardly, then they would invite more people or even people that did not pay for a sub.

- - - Updated - - -
    You do not need an extremely large number of people to begin stress testing. There is a reason there are level caps, and restrictions on where people can go. To concentrate more players in fewer locations. Why? Stress testing. You do not start off inviting too many players until you see how the testing goes. Then you ramp up the number of players gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I also love the ones where they're passive aggressively calling out BFA players.
    Same. It makes me smile.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yeah I mean wait until they see raids dude. Because I was on one of those realms we can’t speak of awhile back. BWL was cleared the moment it was released and I asked them how they did it without FR and then I saw videos. They did Razorgore without kiting a single add. They had the damage to kill everything. That didn’t even happen with Naxx gear in classic so I thought something was odd about that. Then on Vael, not only did they not get the FR buff but they didn’t wear FR gear at all. Not even on their tanks. Then not only that, they killed Vael quicker than my Naxx top 100 world guild did. Their warriors somehow didn’t get aggro despite not having salvation and spamming heroic strike. Anyone who played then knows a warrior can’t go all out on that fight due to aggro.

So I finally come to find out that the reason for this is because the guys who made it didn’t have the correct numbers for anything. No resist numbers. No threat thresholds. I mean shit I knew the players would be better than they were back then but nothing added up for how they did what they did. Not until I found that out anyways.

We’re gonna see threads popping up about how Ragnaros is broken because they’ll pull him expecting that their tank with greens will be fine. Like how poor Tips thought Verdan was bugged because he killed him. He like many others will be in for a big surprise.
    You're completely delusional and clearly have zero experience with top guilds on priv servers.
    Every single raid (except MC and Ony) will be fully cleared on day 1 of its release.
    Yes NA will have every single world 1st
    Last edited by stevenho; 2019-05-19 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah all good... except...

"NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then."

So they plan on leaving in BUGS?? Are they insane? or retarded? or both? /facepalm

"On level up, the message: “Your skill in Protection increased to 15” was added in 1.12.1, and we’re intending to keep that."

WTH is that even? I dont remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    yeah all good... except...

"NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then."

So they plan on leaving in BUGS?? Are they insane? or retarded? or both? /facepalm

"On level up, the message: “Your skill in Protection increased to 15” was added in 1.12.1, and we’re intending to keep that."

WTH is that even? I dont remember this.
    Of course they would leave in non game breaking bugs, its a retro game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Of course they would leave in non game breaking bugs, its a retro game.
    They leave in bugs but keep the modern raid frames, isn't that hippocritical?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, that i tried Blizzcon Demo of WoW Classic. And it felt great - finally a game that doesnt feel too easy, compared to retail WoW (BFA).

man, i can't believe people accept this garbage as a game. "here's some bullshit we aren't going to fix for lulz! it'll make your 'member berries coo!"

fuck that, keep it boys.

see you back in retail by october.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Same. It makes me smile.
    grrr those baby BfA players! we'll show them what game is best

sounds dumb, bro.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean some of these make sense to report as bugs. Like the literal "Questgivers with multiple quests inconcsistently are marked with a ! or a dot" bug Blizz refuses to fix for authenticity, despite also caving on inconsistency elsewhere (hellooooo Wrath water).

Or who the hell would remember Tauren used to have a giant hitbox?
    With that bit Blizzard's attitude feels like "You wanted this shit, you're getting this shit". Which I'm okay with.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    see i think a huge chunk of the problem is how they are handling the beta.
    for the first time that i can remember blizzard is requiring an active subscription in order to actually beta test classic wow.
    this means that those who have been subbed to modern wow were probably the first up to be selected and it really leaves a foul taste in my mouth because blizzard is just cash grabbing at this point with it.
    Yea. 90% of beta spots atm seem to be for streamers which is ok. The subscription requirement though is bonkers. 50% of the spots should be for people that had a sub back then and the rest for current subscribers.

They're hoping people start subscribing in droves in order to get an invite, which is probably working in Blizzard's favor lol

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yea. 90% of beta spots atm seem to be for streamers which is ok. The subscription requirement though is bonkers. 50% of the spots should be for people that had a sub back then and the rest for current subscribers.

They're hoping people start subscribing in droves in order to get an invite, which is probably working in Blizzard's favor lol
    i understood it was a cash grab when i saw
    1) sub required for beta (never required this before).
    2) sub two weeks before game comes out to "pre save names" (seriously?)

see i think a huge chunk of the problem is how they are handling the beta.
    for the first time that i can remember blizzard is requiring an active subscription in order to actually beta test classic wow.
    this means that those who have been subbed to modern wow were probably the first up to be selected and it really leaves a foul taste in my mouth because blizzard is just cash grabbing at this point with it.
    While we didn't get in with the streamer crowd, my wife and I both had our subs start on 11/23/2004 and we both got in to beta. My son didn't get in, nor did my friends who claimed to have played vanilla got in. We do have active subs though I think it's fair for those who still like the game of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I actually don't think that's the case at all. While we didn't get in with the streamer crowd, my wife and I both had our subs start on 11/23/2004 and we both got in to beta. My son didn't get in, nor did my friends who claimed to have played vanilla got in.
    they are clearly cash grabbing at this point.
    why else require a sub to get beta?
    why else do the two weeks early name reservations?

they are clearly cash grabbing at this point.
    why else require a sub to get beta?
    why else do the two weeks early name reservations?
    You dont need sub for name reservatiom and sub fee is there so filter out inactive accounts. Kinda waste give ivites to dead accs when you have no idea idlf that person even touches blizzard app.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You dont need sub for name reservatiom and sub fee is there so filter out inactive accounts. Kinda waste give ivites to dead accs when you have no idea idlf that person even touches blizzard app.
    How do you reserve a name without a sub?

and yet they have given beta in the past to inactive accounts. and if anything this one more then anything should be one where you don't need an active sub to get beta access. seeing as you know, the goal is to appeal to people who want classic and their is a good chance those people are unsubbed.
    and what is your source on not needing a sub to reserve names?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    How do you reserve a name without a sub?
    Same way you do on retail? You can get yourself into char. screen but no into the game?

- - - Updated - - -

and yet they have given beta in the past to inactive accounts. and if anything this one more then anything should be one where you don't need an active sub to get beta access. seeing as you know, the goal is to appeal to people who want classic and their is a good chance those people are unsubbed.
    and what is your source on not needing a sub to reserve names?
    Where is your source it will need sub?

Same way you do on retail? You can get yourself into char. screen but no into the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Where is your source it will need sub?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-schedule

"If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!"

i love how you completely tried to deflect my request for a source by asking for a source yourself btw.
    Last edited by AceofH; 2019-05-19 at 01:58 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't remember the bit about feared players running fast (although I didn't do private servers, so Classic has been a really long time for me). Did you have increased movement speed while you were feared?