Poll: Would you join Sylvanas' 3rd Faction

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    On the one hand I wouldn't mind having a proper villainous faction in the game, plenty of faction-based MMOs had at least one evil/shady faction, and those almost always were very popular, for instance, the Empire was more popular than the Republic in SWToR, but on the other hand even the 2-faction system is a huge PITA to deal w/, but 3+-faction systems cause exponentially more issues.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-05-18 at 08:32 AM.

Tbh, I think a faction like that would never happen. If anything it would make more sense to default the Horde to a pure evil faction under Sylvanas and let people join a new neutral group made by Saurfang and Thrall, that most of the old Horde would probably switch over to. That faction could serve as a neutral one for people that want to play with both sides. But let's be real here for a moment, neither of them are going to happen, the current story goes in another direction.

I would join insta. Who needs a peaceful horde. I want to slay alliance swines!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    By useful tools you mean army. I am not repeating anything. I am just saying something that most other people don't because it's easier to paint black than to understand. Typical average citizen stuff.
    there is no need or reason to be blind about it or romantize the shit its being done, like it is something too deep

Its not rly "painting black" in this morally grey meme, but if walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-05-18 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'd at least make another character with her.
    I don't think those parts are working anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes and if monkey sees, monkey does too. Works only with chimps but somehow humans tend to be chimps as well.
    yes, sure, monkey also love banana, and blindly do everything for it.

I think a third faction is inevitable. The game has progressed way past the 2 faction conflict at this point.

I would have much rather joined a 3rd faction lead by the lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I would have much rather joined a 3rd faction lead by the lich king.
    Just you wait when Sylvanas takes the crown

My character is and has always been a forsaken and sylvanas follower (tho I play a belf paladin would Def play a forsaken paladin given the choice), and my character will be by sylvanas side always. If it was canon I would have die at the siege of orgrimmar defending garrosh, and will die defending sylvanas. That's the game I play so chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Alot of non true hordes in here
    I love Horde, but I love Sylvanas even more. So, I follow her.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

Unless you beat them up every time they reach for banana. Then they would think twice what they like and it will also make other monkeys to beat up the naive newcomers that want to have banana too. Quite good lesson.

I can go on and on. Not sure why it matters, my opinion still stands.
    And then you remove all of the original monkeys and they will beat up any new monkey reaching for the banana without even knowing why.

Just like humans do, following traditions. Following in the path of even psychopathic mass murderers and defending their actions simply because they've been raised to do so.

Frankly, you really shouldn't go on and on. The implications of what you say rather work against your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    No because I'm not some angsty teenage edgelord trying to "prove a point"
    holy shit. couldnt have said it better myself O_o

So you mean you're not with the Sith in starwars?
    or with the Chaos gods in warhammer?
    or with Golum in lotr? or with the machines in matrix?

What are you, some kind of normie? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    holy shit. couldnt have said it better myself O_o

So you mean you're not with the Sith in starwars?
    or with the Chaos gods in warhammer?
    or with Golum in lotr? or with the machines in matrix?

What are you, some kind of normie? XD
    No to all of em, holy shit you sure seem butthurt dude, calm the f down man, I know I know, she did no wrong, right?

Third faction isn't gonna happen. The game is stretched far and finding it hard to justify the barrier between the two as is.

Hypothetically though...hell no. Sylvanas the "master strategist" let a dreadlord - you know, the demons known for infiltrating and manipulating enemies from within - help lead her people, got shot and killed by someone she raised who openly voiced his hatred for all non-humans, started a war with a human king known for wanting peace and accepting others, and then so far has spectacularly lost said war to the surprise of pretty much no one.

The game says one thing but shows another. Her track record of leadership is abysmally bad and she rarely accomplishes much beyond making more enemies because her hand is constantly on the trigger finger. The one person she did try to ally with that wasn't forsaken was a fucking dreadlord. She's incompetent.

The only option for me to leave Horde would be in case of Troll Empire faction finally appearing. No way in hell I'd go after that over the top edgy rotbrain.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not leaded by her.

I have switched from the Alliance to the Horde after 12 years being Alliance. Started WoW as Horde.

My move is motivated by the chance of change in the Horde. The last years have been bad, and lately I am not very happy on the direction the Alliance has been taken. Jaina is a great character but I think they are slowly doing what they have done to Sylvanas, pretty much destroy her character :/ (In short, I have grown a bit bored with the Alliance and I feel like closing a chapter, the going to the Horde feels refreshing)

So I am looking forward to see the true Horde comeback with a real leader who cares about Honor and will only engage in war with a real purpose and not just out of the blue.
    Last edited by shise; 2019-05-19 at 09:21 AM.

Sylvanas isn't powerful enough to break off into a third faction, as Horde and Alliance would just wipe her off the face of the earth (Azeroth) - as they probably already want to do. But in a make-believe world, no... She isn't interesting enough to be an alluring evil leader for that third faction. Sylvanas was reduced in character allure with her revival after the WotLK suicide, and she was stripped of any interesting character traits with BfA and Before the Storm.

It all depends of which races would join her ... Lets guess: from Horde Undead and Blood Elves could join her, maybe Goblins too and that's it. Taurens, Orcs, Trolls, Pandarens would stay with Horde for sure.
    From Alliance i can't think of any race who would leave Alliance just to join a third faction. Maybe Worgens lol. So with no Alliance on her side there will be a huge faction imbalance. The imbalance might be solved with some of the new allied races added to her faction, like Void Elves, Dark Iron dwarfs ...

Edit: Also you should add an option #5 in your poll: "Not decided yet."
    Last edited by Animron; 2019-05-19 at 09:54 AM.

Interesting to think about but I doubt the absolute madmen at Blizzard are keen on creating a third faction. That said, if it were a thing I'd stay in the Horde. Sylvanas ain't my warchief, long live Green Jesus!