Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JepJepa View Post
    i wonder what kind of addon support its going to have? is it more advanced like 8.0+ addons or dumbed down addons like 1.12, there has been answer to that probably but i havent been active lately.
    For the most part, addons could have been quite advanced back in classic as well, but for some of those really advanced addons it took years for people to make them.

Anyway, Classic is based roughly on a 8.1 WoW client, and has similar addon support, with some changes to accomodate for changed game systems, and a few removals.

i wonder what kind of addon support its going to have? is it more advanced like 8.0+ addons or dumbed down addons like 1.12, there has been answer to that probably but i havent been active lately.
    It's on at least the 7.3.5 client, so one would assume the 7.3.5 API.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's on at least the 7.3.5 client, so one would assume the 7.3.5 API.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    For the most part, addons could have been quite advanced back in classic as well, but for some of those really advanced addons it took years for people to make them.

Anyway, Classic is based roughly on a 8.1 WoW client, and has similar addon support, with some changes to accomodate for changed game systems, and a few removals.

so questing addons, proper threat meters , dps meters and millions of QoL addons are coming up unless blizz blocks them like they have blocked some addons in the past not to mention classic elvui.

so questing addons, proper threat meters , dps meters and millions of QoL addons are coming up unless blizz blocks them like they have blocked some addons in the past not to mention classic elvui.
    Threat and dps depend on proper mob id reporting, if that's in then those will work great.

Vanilla had a ton of UI and questing add-ons so that's no question really

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I don't think that's wrong of people to think at all. I can imagine a 'fixed' classic could be a lot of fun and certainly better than BFA.

That being said, it's already been stated that Blizzard is going to reproduce a 'true classic' (with very, very few minor changes) so asking for a fixed Classic isn't really going to happen at this stage.
    But which are the limits of a fixed Classic? How far Blizzard should go without taking away the Classic Experience? is fixed classic balancing all the classes? which criteria? making them more like tbc, wotlk, mop? is fixed classic taking increasing the drop chance and respawn rate?

Its is true they said very few minor changes but only the ones that wont change the classic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    He became a laughingstock on reddit and official forums because of it. That's dude, Tipsout, is self-proclaimed #1 warrior in the world and vanilla veteran, although many people are saying that he in fact is a cata-kid
    Looooooooool, do you have a link? I never could stand Tips. He claimed to be a vanilla fan when all he knew was from private servers and joined the Nostalrius crowd to feel "hip" and "chick".

You think you do, but you dont

Private servers: A few dudes reverse engineering from their garage. Fully functional after a matter of months.
    Classic: Blizzard resources. Nonsensical bugs pop up, even with the source code on hand. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Don't be chicken, get that spirit, jig it like mario64 and win it.
    Sounds like a great parallel for the following "joke":

We can also do things like reset the realm at a busy time like 4:30pm PDT to try and find the source of a certain issue where a crocolisk is losing it’s brain due to how multiple processes are interacting and mirroring code to form a cohesive world. There were similar types of issues like this back in 2004 but we wanted to try and resolve this one before the weekend for the folks who are testing.
    Christ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    But which are the limits of a fixed Classic? How far Blizzard should go without taking away the Classic Experience? is fixed classic balancing all the classes? which criteria? making them more like tbc, wotlk, mop? is fixed classic taking increasing the drop chance and respawn rate?

Its is true they said very few minor changes but only the ones that wont change the classic experience.
    Well that's going to depend from person to person. But bug fixes that does no good and making useless specs.. less useless would be something to work, would be some example.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    He became a laughingstock on reddit and official forums because of it. That's dude, Tipsout, is self-proclaimed #1 warrior in the world and vanilla veteran, although many people are saying that he in fact is a cata-kid
    Pleeease show something if you can!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    Anyone that is looking forward to Classic is fully aware of all that was, by your definition, wrong/broken/bugged.

They aren't improving Classic they are, in almost every instance, reproducing Classic (warts and all, lack of QoL improvements etc) and that's how it should be. And even with it's faults Classic will be a far better game than BFA.

Classic isn't for everyone and you obviously are not the target market. But instead of revelling in what you perceive to be justification of your viewpoint you should be happy that as of mid-August myself, and many others, will be renewing our subscriptions and in the process helping to support retail WoW. But for Classic Blizzard would never have gotten another dime out me after 3 consecutive disappointing expansions. The day they make changes to Classic to appease people like you is the day I stop playing altogether.
    You remind me of a person that would order a Filet Mignon extra well done and ask for a side of ketchup to wash it down with a Natty Lite.

But hey, if you want to throw your money away with terrible taste you go for it
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap.
    People really thought this was a bug?

BWAHAHAHAHA!

ahhhh all these plebs, reporting what is intended to be as bugs. Retails is that way ---->

also
    Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap.
    roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Most of these changes would change the game for the worse - especially quest markers on the minimap. Yeah, you had to read quest text sometimes.

The technical inconsistencies don't make much of a difference either way.
    Yessiree. If anything, this will cheer a lot of people up who were a little concerned about things like that. Its everybody else being surprised that makes it funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Dude who are these fucking pepegas that they are inviting?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Weslicus View Post
    Dude who are these fucking pepegas that they are inviting?!?!?
    The wrong f*cking people... I am glad I didn't get invited at this point. I reported 34 bugs on Bfa beta and not even half of them get fixed... For example: In Drustvar on the snowing part at the middle of the map there are still flying herbs what you cannot reach...

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I was surprised about the /sit note. I have heard that is a lot of people's strategy to activate certain abilities forcefully. Was this an exploit that was common in Private Servers and people assumed it was something that was in original vanilla WoW?
    It did exist in Vanilla wow, just not for the entire of Vanilla, Can't remember, but if u go on wowwiki u will find a patch which removed the option of sitting down to forcefully to get crit in order to get enraged.

But yes it exists on most private servers, not sure if its just somethign they struggled to script or what.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    People really thought this was a bug?

BWAHAHAHAHA!
    That one was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    This list made my day. And proves that alot of the pro-classic players didn’t actually know classic to begin with. You wanted wow 2004, here you have it.
    100% agree, all of the people screaming and Shouting about stuff they honestly would have no way of knowing, none of them looked at old Vanilla warriors levelling in 2004. they can only compare it to private servers. even though the HP regen seems to be in accordance to what I've seen on Northdale, so not sure what they are smoking, I guess they're just looking for issues for the sake of it. Gotta find them zebras.

Wow, I'm really liking this team behind classic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    The wrong f*cking people... I am glad I didn't get invited at this point. I reported 34 bugs on Bfa beta and not even half of them get fixed... For example: In Drustvar on the snowing part at the middle of the map there are still flying herbs what you cannot reach...
    I got into BFA beta as well, I reported the issues of ore nodes behind walls/objects in caves. Last I checked it was never fixed.