Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    The more I see your threads, the more I am convinced that you try to find the stories that are most bait-worthy, post them with a couple of one-liners, then step back and wait for the fireworks to start. I suppose your ideological leanings grant you immunity from moderation infractions?
    Wow, someone was triggered here. Maybe you should be calling out your senators for their hypocrisy instead of lashing out at people posting news stories about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    The more I see your threads, the more I am convinced that you try to find the stories that are most bait-worthy, post them with a couple of one-liners, then step back and wait for the fireworks to start. I suppose your ideological leanings grant you immunity from moderation infractions?
    I don't see the point of the politics subsection if we're just gonna spew it all here. I'm with you, excepting the political leanings bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    To be honest, your topics are pretty much all tribal attacks on one specific side of the political spectrum. Not saying these attacks are not justified, I'm just saying that this is what you do. It's somewhat of a Tim Pool case, where he claims to be something, but when you look at his content, it's 99% trashing of a specific group of people, justified or not, doesn't matter too much, it shows what that specific person is desiring to be pushed into the spotlight.
    Pot, kettle.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No scandals ever take place on the other side, do they Uncle Joe?

So tired of BOTH sides and their tribal politics. Politicians suck. Period. And it is a sign of a rotting degenerate culture.

Doubt it. My threads are all over the spectrum, just as my opinions. Firmly left on economics and war, irony/sarcasm towards the socjus part of the left, firmly pro-free speech, pro-immigration/anti-borders, hell, fuck corporations, the bigger they are, the worse. My one and only issue with modern left is identity politics/socjus/antifa exaggerations. Which is basically a shitty, small, vocal part of the left, may it suffer 1000 deaths for the corruption it has spread.

What matters is that I'm not a tribal NPC and I don't belong to any political group, never will. Meanwhile, 100% of the topics trashing Republicans? If that's not tribal, I don't know what is.
    So you are an edgelord/hipster/straight-edge/hardxcore/non-conformist? Thats what you pride yourself on?

Consistency is what is important, not and contradicting yourself, as this representative has. I donubt Mormolyce agrees with anything a Democrat would say, so your tribalism argument is garbage.

Either way, it feels like you are defending the guy trying to force his mistress into an abortion. Maybe think about that before making a stand.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pure hypocrisy, no different from those who defend wealth redistribution, but are rich.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2019-05-18 at 07:10 PM.

"After discussions with my family and staff, I have come to the decision that I will not seek reelection to Congress at the end of my current term," Murphy said in a statement Wednesday evening. "In the coming weeks I will take personal time to seek help as my family and I continue to work through our personal difficulties and seek healing. I ask you to respect our privacy during this time."
    That's pretty rich request from someone who doesn't respect the privacy of half the country (women), when pushing abortion ban bills. Undoubtedly also against gays, so that'd be over half the country.

To the surprise of absolutely no one. This kind of hypocrisy is as old as the Catholic church itself.

"Just days ago the Vatican's women's magazine, Women Church World, condemned the abuse, saying in some cases nuns were forced to abort priests' children - something Catholicism forbids."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47134033

Btw, I quite enjoy Morm's threads and actually look forward to them. If you don't like a poster, stop being a snowflake, and put them on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://abc11.com/anti-abortion-rep-...nancy/2489623/

Something of a theme here. Remember Elliot Broidy, the major Trump donor who was Michael Cohen's only other client (apart from Trump and mysteriously, Sean Hannity...)? Cohen paid off a Playboy model mistress for him? Yeah he also tried to pressure her into having an abortion.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...over-s-lawsuit

Abortions are okay when it's for Republican mistresses, apparently.
    A very common stance for most. Abortions aren't okay or moral right up to the point they want or need one. Anecdotal sure, but the biggest pro life person I have ever met had an abortion and finally shut up about being pro life. People are often selfish and short sighted and don't think about or care about things that don't impact them. Add in the fact people seemed compelled to have strong opinions on things or tell others why they are wrong about stuff and you end up with this level of hypocrisy over and over.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

One guy and his mistress are hypocrites so let's keep killing 300,000 babies every year. That is not a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    One guy and his mistress are hypocrites so let's keep killing 300,000 babies every year. That is not a good argument.
    What babies? Also when many pro-life advocates actually had an abortion or had someone get an abortion while still holding such views, something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    Fetuses are not babies.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not defending the dude. All of these people are corrupt scum.

I'm simply pointing out the complete bias in Mormolyce's topics, that's all. I think that's fine, but you gotta own up to it. If you're a republican hater, team democrat person, own it up.

I do own up for standing up for edgelords, even though I am not one myself. I prefer language remains the same as it was 10 years ago. And yes, I do not conform, fuck team X, Y or Z. I am happy with myself. I do not need to belong in a tribe, and I shall not accept any other agenda other than MINE, which at this time, happens to not coincide with dems, reps and many other groups.

When all your threads are US centric/anti-Republican/anti-right wing, guess where do you belong? I mean, it's not hard to fill in the blanks. Be what you want, but own the fuck up to it, and be proud of it too, never be a sneaky coward.
    Again, I do not doubt that if Mormolyce disliked something a Democrat did, they would call them out as well. Abortion being a hot topic, there is nothing wrong with this post.

Calling yourself a non-conformist is conforming, and is still a form of tribalism. You literally just said "fuck X,Y,Z" which is as tribalist as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Can someone explain me what all of it about? Some idiots for w/e decided to ban abortion in one of Murica states? But what is stopping pregnant woman in driving to the different state and having it?
    couple things, and firstly as an aside please remember that the US is about the same size as the entirety of europe so keep that in mind in terms of geography.

1. most of the states where they are banning abortion are clustered in one region, and often it could be several hundred or even thousands of kilometers to get to a place where abortions are even allowed.

2. most of the people in those states, and those most in need of access to abortion services, are extremely poor and may not even have a vehicle (and the US has no cheap or efficient interstate public transit)

3. the US gives lower tier workers no paid time off or accommodations, so missing even 1 day of work could result in being fired.

4. many of the states instituting new abortion bans include legal punishments for leaving the state to get an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    couple things, and firstly as an aside please remember that the US is about the same size as the entirety of europe so keep that in mind in terms of geography.

1. most of the states where they are banning abortion are clustered in one region, and often it could be several hundred or even thousands of kilometers to get to a place where abortions are even allowed.

2. most of the people in those states, and those most in need of access to abortion services, are extremely poor and may not even have a vehicle (and the US has no cheap or efficient interstate public transit)

3. the US gives lower tier workers no paid time off or accommodations, so missing even 1 day of work could result in being fired.

4. many of the states instituting new abortion bans include legal punishments for leaving the state to get an abortion.
    1. Doesn't matter

2. That might a problem, yeah. Trains/beng a random passenger and inevitable "abortion transfer services business" which are going to appear right away after "ban" will be in place.

3. Getting fired from shitty job and NOT having unwanted child later on is still way better idea, than having it pumped together with inability to support it. It's not hard to find a job in America(at least random youtuber immigrants i watch do it in a couple days after getting fired/quitting previous job).

4. This shit won't be effictive as you can appeal to the higher court and pretty much win 100%, not like they will lock you in prison or can force to pay fine when your earnings are minimal or close to it, also you can simply move away from one state to a different one unless you own a property to which you're tied for w/e reason.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2019-05-19 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Rules for thee but not for me?
    Saudi royalty practices this shit as well. They don't even like the religious shitholes they create.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, your topics are pretty much all tribal attacks on one specific side of the political spectrum. Not saying these attacks are not justified, I'm just saying that this is what you do. It's somewhat of a Tim Pool case, where he claims to be something, but when you look at his content, it's 99% trashing of a specific group of people, justified or not, doesn't matter too much, it shows what that specific person is desiring to be pushed into the spotlight.
    The difference between him and tim pool is he doesn't claim to be unbiased.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not defending the dude. All of these people are corrupt scum.

I'm simply pointing out the complete bias in Mormolyce's topics, that's all. I think that's fine, but you gotta own up to it. If you're a republican hater, team democrat person, own it up.

I do own up for standing up for edgelords, even though I am not one myself. I prefer language remains the same as it was 10 years ago. And yes, I do not conform, fuck team X, Y or Z. I am happy with myself. I do not need to belong in a tribe, and I shall not accept any other agenda other than MINE, which at this time, happens to not coincide with dems, reps and many other groups.

When all your threads are US centric/anti-Republican/anti-right wing, guess where do you belong? I mean, it's not hard to fill in the blanks. Be what you want, but own the fuck up to it, and be proud of it too, never be a sneaky coward.
    There is nothing wrong with a bias as long as you own up to it but dave never platform david pakman, or sam seder rubin claims the opposite. It's the same with Tim. If they just admit to being shills most people wouldn't care but they try to play moderate to avoid criticism while claiming everyone else is afraid of debate or there ideas.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-19 at 04:53 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

They're attacks on ignorance and hypocrisy, hardly my fault that the American right has cornered the market on those things.

I'm an independent. For example, my own country just had an election and I once again voted third party. Researched all the parties on the ballot and what they stand for, and voted for the ones that reflected my views as close as I could (as it happens, not very). The two main parties are running candidates that I couldn't possibly have less interest in, and I wish there was an outside chance of them both losing.

But the US political compass is wildly off center, and so to you I appear to be partisan. The current Republican party is a fucking toilet, it's beyond terrible and well into outright sickening at this point. It's little more than a group of criminals profiteering from a broken system, creating a smokescreen of lazy propaganda and baiting people into outrage through racist tactics from last century to cover their tracks. And frankly, participating in the destabilisation of Western democracy while two bit despots like Putin rub their crooked hands together.

So yeah, I have a personal stake in seeing the demise of the current right wing in the US, if it can even be called that anymore. The choice between left and right should be a real one. More funding for public programs -> left, lower taxes ->right. Remember that? And the Trump tumour has gone beyond US embarrassment and progressed to a full scale threat to international order.

But to imagine that I must be a partisan myself because I oppose mindless hypocritical partisans is to fall into an intellectual trap. I am not a member of anyone's tribe.

- - - Updated - - -

Note how you implicitly equate "Republican hater" to "team Democrat".
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-05-19 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm not even American FYI.
    Russian ?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

It's somewhat of a Tim Pool case, where he claims to be something, but when you look at his content, it's 99% trashing of a specific group of people, justified or not, doesn't matter too much, it shows what that specific person is desiring to be pushed into the spotlight.
    This subject is off topic I realize but I think Tim Pool and Scott Adams are cases of right leaning people who live in Blue states and they understand that they are not safe if they don't at least act like they are slightly left leaning or old school liberal. But their content is seldom ever left leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Can someone explain me what all of it about? Some idiots for w/e decided to ban abortion in one of Murica states? But what is stopping pregnant woman in driving to the different state and having it?
    Access...

abortions rates dropped due to women have few options to travel to within their own state let alone driving to another state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
    they understand that they are not safe if they don't at least act like they are slightly left leaning
    I haven't seen a pile of shit this big since we bought manure for the garden.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters