Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m like super amped for classic and everything, but really don’t have any desire to play beta. I don’t quite understand the urge.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Beta is about testing things out. I'm pretty sure, guys, who play 24\7 and get money for that can do the testing much better than generic casual, even if he plays from the very beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I’m like super amped for classic and everything, but really don’t have any desire to play beta. I don’t quite understand the urge.
    Same thing. I'm maybe even taking a vacation for Classic release, but definitely dont plan to play beta - maybe only 1-2 chars to lvl 10-20 to test some things out.

Day 1 EU subscriber, CE. No beta yet.
    #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Welcome to 2019, where the paying customers are second class shitstains compared to "influencers". Happening all around in the gaming industry, they get to play games earlier, for free, and even getting paid for advertising it. Nothing new under the sun.
    you mean the people that stand to make you more money than the average customer are more important?

Nothing new under the sun is true, but this has been going on since long before software was even a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    It have only been the first wave right? So ofcourse they pick the streamers with 30-80k viewers, pretty much the best way to be advertising the game for gamers in the modern world. After that i guess they will send another wave/waves of invites for the "common folks"
    Not a streamer, got invite on first day. I have been playing since the original beta, but nothing else of note. As has been said before, mostly random.

I do want to say, I was very skeptical about classic at first. After playing it for what I thought was an hour I realized about four hours had passed. All these little details that they've removed to streamline the process has made the process unbearably tedious. I had forgotten how much fun it was to level. I almost wept when entering old Orgrimmar.

I chuckled at all the old Forsaken quest text that very clearly telegraphed what Sylvanas is doing today and contradicts all of those claiming that her evil ways are forced and uncharacteristic. Oh you sweet summer children.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    if you know so much then prove it. I have proof stating the pool. You have "but I KNOW that your claim is false." Seems pretty clear cut. Why does the internet always bring out the nuts. They get rekt with facts and the still disbelieve. Blizzard doesn't want scrubs, OK, lets choose people who have 125 pets. Seems legit.

I am genuinely sorry if you didn't reach the skill cap to get into beta, but please do not use your anger on those of us who actually know how to play the game.
    Having curve is an extremely low bar for not being shit at the game. It's honestly nothing to boast about.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Kind of annoying I've been playing since 2004, supporting Blizzard over the years including many of their other games, and because I'm not a streamer I don't get beta access to Classic.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes, Blizzard is a company. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything. But they weren't always like that.
    It's only week 1 beta classic.... Wait and see if you get one soon this week or next week or next week so on so on or better off wait live classic.

lol there's no skill cap to get into beta.
    They'll go with people who can get them the most advertising per $$$, then it's down to who's lucky or not. Why are people crying when it has been less than a week?
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s random selection don’t take it personally. I have been playing since 2005/2006 can’t remeber. Always opt in for beta and only beta i ever got in was for BFA.
    Same here. Also MOP Beta, I bought access to. Didn't get it "when it will begin", as it was promised, though. Got it, when it was almost release, stress tests started, so many people got Beta anyway. But BFA's Beta was very useful, as I realized, how bad BFA is, so I shouldn't have bought it at release, but wait for 8.2 instead.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Just because you have an old account doesn't mean you are entitled to beta. Don't whine about it. If anything be happy you even have an account that old because the rest of us don't even have a chance to get in so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably bought that account off someone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
    Why does everyone want to play the beta so badly?
    To be fair, its fun as hell.

I do have a 2004 account, I was also a day 1 account, with my registration showing the day PRIOR to launch since I live in CST and went to a midnight launch and logged in before midnight PST.

Beta is pretty empty right now tho, they clearly didnt let many in. So folks should relax and wait.

entitled gamers dont exist

Kind of annoying I've been playing since 2004, supporting Blizzard over the years including many of their other games, and because I'm not a streamer I don't get beta access to Classic.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes, Blizzard is a company. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything. But they weren't always like that.
    Made the same post on the wow forums. If you didn't get into wow classic oh well wait till august.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They only invited few people. It seems they focused on lot of streamer to get more publicity...

Seems a bit shitty.

When were Blizzard not like this? When would Blizzard have given you beta because your account has been open since 2004?

I think feeling entitled to a beta invite is a bit shitty, but who cares?

I never bothered to opt in but I kind of wish I did just on the off-chance I got in... just so I could screencap the fact that I have it and I have literally zero desire to use it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly don't understand why people want classic beta. There is nothing to try there because there will be no new things. The only thing you can do is burn out yourself even before it's released.

It's ok you'll get to farm pigs in Durotar for xp in August.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Thats why Blizzard made this a small beta. Not testing whether new stuff is fun. Just testing if it is like what it used to be.