Thread: V in cinematic

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Why ppl always try to find more than there is? They look stupid doing it. That "scar" is called decaying. End of it.
    /thread

Random scar, or some veins to emphasize the decay. People try to find meaning and subtlety in absolutely everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    /thread

Random scar, or some veins to emphasize the decay. People try to find meaning and subtlety in absolutely everything.
    There is no purpose for the shot and to reveal their face if the scar it was hiding, which is the only scar they have, didn't have any significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There is no purpose for the shot and to reveal their face if the scar it was hiding, which is the only scar they have, didn't have any significance.
    The purpose was to show "hurr durr, these are Forsaken assassins after green Jesus and Saurfang, Sylvanas bad!"

The purpose was to show "hurr durr, these are Forsaken assassins after green Jesus and Saurfang, Sylvanas bad!"
    No, they didn't need to remove the mask for that. Nor the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It doesn't have to look loke the runny mascara in the cinematica or the curvy triangle she has in game. I will guarantee it is suppose to represent they are Sylvannas personal assassins or something. Just becasue it looks like a V doesn't mean that it has to be one. Again, this seems like a pretty simple and obvious thing.
    If that logic wasn't as out of nowhere (like much of the rest of this story)....

we have no context for the imagery beyond that it was found on one nameless character marking them under one eye (not enough material to confirm other eye to match or if the other assassin had it).

We can't confirm it isn't a typical undead/forsaken cosmetic thing (like how there IS a slice/tear eye customization for undead) or if it's a ritual indicating backing.

And then going on about personal assassins that have never been discussed in any fashion... but this point doesn't matter as much since the writers clearly haven't been telling the story they're writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    He did take off the rogues mask in search for something. If he did send those forsaken to assassinate Thrall (which could be a fun twist, Saurfang using underhanded, dishonorable tactics to get Thrall on his side), why the hell would he be checking for that? "Damn, I need to make sure that these undead are the ones I sent, not some other random forsaken who just stumbled upon Thrall"?

Other awesome theories:

1) V stands forfor Voss, elite forsaken rogue who is currently serving under Sylvanas and for some reason seems cool about it. Perhaps she is not cool, was given orders to assassinate Thrall and only sent her underlings, knowing they will fail and just get his attention.
    2) V stands for Velonara, dark ranger serving under Sylvanas. Dark rangers were previously sent by her to handle other important threats, including Saurfang.
    3) V stands for Varian, and it's actually Anduins plot. He mind controlled some forsaken, branded them with his fathers initial, formed them into secret troops and sent them to attack Thrall, so it seems Sylv did this.
    4) V stands for the Vanshee Queen, from the time she wore Vans to work.
    4, gotta be #4. No way it could possible be 1 or 2, even 3 is a bit of a stretch. 4 without a doubt, I bet the farm on it.

that is established by the attack that took place and Saurfang saying "I followed them".

taking the time to expose ONE CHEEK on ONE assassin makes it seem like that indication means more than just "yup that's a forsaken" but there is an obscene lack of info.

They're going to have some stupid reveal in an interview or future plotline to confirm something and I know I'll be further disappointed because it's going to be an out of nowhere "incredibly obvious" thing like her personal assassins or some bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    They're going to have some stupid reveal in an interview or future plotline to confirm something and I know I'll be further disappointed because it's going to be an out of nowhere "incredibly obvious" thing like her personal assassins or some bullshit
    This is exactly the reason why I'm not even trying to find any deeper meaning in anything Blizzard does anymore. However, sometimes I expect nothing and they still manage to disappoint me.

Considering that neither Common nor Orcish in Warcraft lore use the real life latin/english alphabet, it cant be the letter V as an initial.

In universe, Common (and in turn, Vrykul and Dwarvish) all use norse runes for their alphabet as seen on Varian's memorial which was stated to be written in common (which makes sense as Common evolved from Vrykul, and Vrykul, alongside Dwarven, both evolved from Titanic)

so the V shape in lore doesnt represent the letter V

They don't use the English alphabet in WoW. All the writings in-game are of made-up symbols and runes.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    that is established by the attack that took place and Saurfang saying "I followed them".

taking the time to expose ONE CHEEK on ONE assassin makes it seem like that indication means more than just "yup that's a forsaken" but there is an obscene lack of info.

Nathanos like Undead customization for Forsaken. Done my work here is done. :fliesaway:

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It'd be a creppy/cool little detail if hard core Sylvanas loyalist do that to themselves to emulate Sylvanas. It'd go along with the whole personality cult thing she has going on.
    I think it's the most likely explanation. This shows us that Sylvanas ordered the hit, and that the Rogues were fanatical devotees of hers. I strongly doubt there's any more to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a vicious, vivacious, and voluminous vilification. Stop living vicariously via vetted villains. Clearly, the very vernacular visage viewed here vies verily with voraciously venomous verbiage for a "V" for vendetta against Thrall.
    Last edited by yoma; 2019-05-18 at 08:25 PM.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think it's the most likely explanation. This shows us that Sylvanas ordered the hit, and that the Rogues were fanatical devotees of hers. I strongly doubt there's any more to it.
    It's just under the one eye though, so I'm not sure if that's it. Still think it'd be a cool little detail though.

Green Moses. Get your alagory right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It's just under the one eye though, so I'm not sure if that's it. Still think it'd be a cool little detail though.
    It doesn't need to be under both eyes to represent that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    No, they didn't need to remove the mask for that. Nor the shot.
    Had they not shown the removal of the mask, we would see people arguing that those weren't Forsaken, but night elves with slender bodies and golden eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Had they not shown the removal of the mask, we would see people arguing that those weren't Forsaken, but night elves with slender bodies and golden eyes...
    Huh? What of the rest of the face shows they were forsaken /undead that wasn't clear before? Pale skin, dead eyes.

I don't think a scar that doesn't look like a decaying scar really sealed the deal.

/thread

One, it's a scar. Two, it wasn't random, or there would be no need to show that in the cinematic. Three, Surafang knew to look there, so it obviously says he knew what those marking meant.

All those add up to those Rogues are either mad Sylvannas devotees or a select unit withing her armies, marked by the V shape under one eye. Plus it was pretty obvious they were Forsaken attackers by their eyes and decaying skin seen prior to uncovering the face. To thos saying it was to show they were undead, Surafang and Thrall would have known that already. That solidifies it even more that this is some special unit that scars themselves to mimic Sylvannas. Much like certain groups in the military brand themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Very short, NE's wearing obvious Horde/undead gear. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    One, it's a scar. Two, it wasn't random, or there would be no need to show that in the cinematic. Three, Surafang knew to look there, so it obviously says he knew what those marking meant.

All those add up to those Rogues are either mad Sylvannas devotees or a select unit withing her armies, marked by the V shape under one eye. Plus it was pretty obvious they were Forsaken attackers by their eyes and decaying skin seen prior to uncovering the face. To thos saying it was to show they were undead, Surafang and Thrall would have known that already. That solidifies it even more that this is some special unit that scars themselves to mimic Sylvannas. Much like certain groups in the military brand themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Very short, NE's wearing obvious Horde/undead gear. OK.
    And what if that scar happens to be nothing? Because you have clearly no proof or evidence to back up your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And what if that scar happens to be nothing? Because you have clearly no proof or evidence to back up your claims.
    It's pretty obvious that all of the theroies around said shot is speculation because we can't have proof or evidence at this time.