Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I have to say, as a casual BFA has been the most fun expac I've had for a while

The class design is solid, with Demonology and Arcane mage being especially intriguing and fun specs, and there is actually some semblance of PvP not seen since Wrath. The lore is gripping as well, with rare balanced and equal focus on major characters of both faction instead of just Thrall, Thrall and Thrall in the past. Both Alliance and Horde have their kick-ass moments throughout the expansion and it's been fun to see. So I must say I'm kinda disappointed to see so many haters flaming on this truly outstanding expansion and ignoring the outstanding and hard work that the Dev team have put in.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The class design is solid

You're joking right?

The lore and class design team together with Ion should all be sacked. They are fucking terrible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry that we see the issues and lazyness that you don't see. Good that you like it! I really want to like wow, but after 14 years BfA made me lose interrest and Made me unsub. Just like alot of the playerbase that already see how the "saving" 8.2 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Sorry that we see the issues and lazyness that you don't see. Good that you like it! I really want to like wow, but after 14 years BfA made me lose interrest and Made me unsub. Just like alot of the playerbase that already see how the "saving" 8.2 is.
    you played the game for 14 years, this is your problem. Not BFA

I also admit that I don't really know what's going on with this "class design is bad" meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    14 Years = losing interest

Just like alot of the playerbase that already see how the "saving" 8.2 is.
    Do you have a source for that despite the things you make up in your mind? (pssh.. source reddit/mmoc is not representative)

I can't call this expansion good for casuals if story is rep-gated.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Meh. The class design is worse than Legion but then again, it has not really been all that great after MoP so theres that.
    BfA did do away with a lot of the horrible RNG in Legion so thats a big plus at least an none if the raids have been as awful as ToS.

If Blizzard could just get back to creating fun and intresting classes then the core concept works for me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post

Ion is infinitely better at his job than his predecessors. He actually doesn't cater to just one specific group of players despite himself being one of those players. Since he took over the game has been great for those of us at the top and it's been better than ever for the casuals as well. This expansion has some issues but it's far from my least favorite.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I dislike the combination of "slow story" and "mechanically important story," (the fate of the faction divide hanging for a year or two) but as a game, as something to do and not take too seriously, I agree with the OP: BFA is solid, and I think a lot of the class design and azerite system gripes can all be equated to people overthinking the game or setting their reach beyond their grasp, ultimately playing it as a game it just isn't any more.

To achieve "good enough is good enough" status is relatively effortless. Anything beyond that, absolutely anything beyond that, from raiding above LFR to mythic+ is entirely and contextually optional, and Blizzard has to pace out progression to keep people pursuing those optional tiers of progression suitably engaged, thus all the RNG. As a game for people with reasonable middle of the road goals, that realize they pay 15 bucks a month for 15 bucks of value per month, WoW/BFA is fine, even exemplary.

It's not gonna be a 30 day thrill ride for 15 bucks. It's one of many potential games that can occupy you per month. With how games are potentially having their screws tightened for regulation, WoW can never be the hardcore giant it once was if it wants to keep existing. It's a place to hang out, not a mountain to climb.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-05-19 at 03:44 PM.

The class design is solid, with Demonology and Arcane mage being especially intriguing and fun specs, and there is actually some semblance of PvP not seen since Wrath. The lore is gripping as well, with rare balanced and equal focus on major characters of both faction instead of just Thrall, Thrall and Thrall in the past. Both Alliance and Horde have their kick-ass moments throughout the expansion and it's been fun to see. So I must say I'm kinda disappointed to see so many haters flaming on this truly outstanding expansion and ignoring the outstanding and hard work that the Dev team have put in.
    Ignoring the people that have/will inevitably flame you, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I personally don't since I don't enjoy the story and the class-design. But hey! If you enjoy it, absolutely more power to you.

Of course, BfA has been designed for casuals.

ok Ion, we know that you dont want admit that people prefer classic game design that a combo point classes and a nonsense lore

10+ Year Old Account
    if u just said u enjoying or at least one of strong bfa points that most ppl agree upon like art/visuals or even new aspects like islands i'd understand
    but i feel u trolling on purpose tbh, no one, absolutely no one, like current class 'design', so much pruning that classes are all same, a big pile of sh8t, and lore is 2nd worst after WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you played the game for 14 years, this is your problem. Not BFA
    strange, i played the game for what, 10 years in WoD? and it was sh8t, then by 12 years in legion it was amazing, then by 14 it was sh8t
    almost sounds like the game is actual sh8t and playing it for x years is irrelevant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Ignoring the people that have/will inevitably flame you, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I personally don't since I don't enjoy the story and the class-design. But hey! If you enjoy it, absolutely more power to you.
    u really think he isn't trolling ? I'm curious about ur opinion
    he also mention demonology, as someone who plays a lot (even mained before) warlock, i hate demonology since they f8cked it for Demon Hunters, yes even during Legion - an expansion i enjoyed in general - i still hated warlock demonology (i did love affliction)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Of course, BfA has been designed for casuals.
    Sorry bro, WoW is casual friendly since WoD.
    Legion was a great expansion besides some problems but was very good, BfA e pure tr@sh.

Isnt because a game is casual that is necessarily bad. And the big BIG problem here are class design, on Legion that was an problem too but the Artifact weapons compensate those problens with basically a talent tree. Now is so bad all classes are the same, combo points, use combo points, repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah man, class design solid.... that's why 50% of all BGs are demon hunters with some holydins on the side.
    while myself, on my rogue, dont remember the last time i lost in 1v1.. as mere combat.
    amazing class design

I agree and disagree. I think the content is fine (coud be better). Yeah re-earning traits on azerite gear is annoying... i wish that stuff was on the heart of azeroth.

The class design is a step up from Legion baseline, wich in turn was a tragedy when it transitioned from WoD. A real step down everyone took while being distracted by shiny new animations. How i sorrowed the day the legion pre-patch came out. I knew it was a huge step backwards. But alas, peeps kept being distracted by weapons and legendaries failing to see that what was underneath was flawed.

I enjoy the specs i play atm. It's not like they are terrible, but i play swtor too, and the classes there are so much more enjoyable. A lot more buttons and depth resulting in rewarding play. I honestly start the game up just cause i want to play the classes. They are addicting.
    Wow's... not so much. I log in and i do well in my specs. These simple 3-4 button rotations with a couple of spenders. No synergies except building up a resource and spending it. In swtor classes vary, but you can have 8 button rotations plus cd's. It sounds complicated, but when you pull it off, you feel great and you are effective cause these abilities synergize with one another. Then theres usually more procs than in wow. I find procs things that make your combat more exciting. It gives you choice, it breaks a rotation.

Anyways, yeah... wow combat has seen better days. It's funny cause in WoD i had a similar feeling with WoW. I really wanted to play the classes but there wasn't much to do. These days theres stuff to do, i just don't want to do it cause the classes aren't that fun to play.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-19 at 04:17 PM.

Good for you. As a hardcore WoW fan i couldn't even bring myself to buy this expansion. I try and watch some live streams sometimes for motivation, but i haven't gotten the slightest urge to play BfA. At this point i can safely say i'm done with retail WoW. I will however, play the hell out of TBC and WotLK legacy servers when they eventually happen.