Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ghostile that's all subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Surely classic will over take retail. It has these features to top bfa like worse quest design, worse class design, worse raid design, worse endgame loop and worse class balance
    All that is subjective. Personally, I think it’s better in every way

15+ Year Old Account
    Based on the currently available metrics to gauge interest, probably not. Activity and engagement continues to be lower on Classic subforums / subreddit / etc. compared to Modern ones. It might dominate WoW Twitch viewership simply by virtue of Soda and Asmon accounting for like the 2/3rds of the WoW audience on Twitch. And currently it's still well below where BFA viewership peaked. Launch will be the true measure of that.

More importantly, they're part of a shared service. I think a lot of people are just going to seesaw back and forth as content patches and phases drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Gehco, thats like saying old school runescape is a museum and a niche market, but see how that turned out? huh
    OSRS DID start out as a niche market, though. As for Classic (Vanilla version) you're currently at a stage where a lot of the QoL stuff that made the game smooth is missing as well as viewing content as it is. I'm not saying classic can't be successful but it is still a museum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Matheney2k, if all the players who left throughout the years are coming back, just a small percentage of them, they will have a bigger population than retail.
    Which means retail is a market that fits the niche population (approx maybe 1.8m).

Classic might have 8 million? or not? well see, but you can't say its a niche market yet.
    Where did you get that 1.8m number? Oh probably some youtube video with outdated sources or incorrect ones given we havent known sub numbers since cata?. Also where do you get 8 mil for classic? You are just as bad as the "classic will fail and die" boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet there is proof if complaint and bug reports of people not being able to understand the questing structure of classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Where did you get that 1.8m number? Oh probably some youtube video with outdated sources or incorrect ones given we havent known sub numbers since cata?. Also where do you get 8 mil for classic? You are just as bad as the "classic will fail and die" boys.
    The 8 million number is what the person believes classic will pull in.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think Classic will have a bout of popularity and then will become empty as a shell of the past it is. Because what's even the point of an mmo that will get no new content support? People will get bored of doing the same thing over and over. Once the last patch rolls over the game will slowly shrivel and die. If it isn't already, cause many will be rudely remembered of how boring and slow paced the combat is early on and how grindy and unrewarding the end game is. It is literally not worth it unless you are a hardcore fan of that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-19 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yet there is proof if complaint and bug reports of people not being able to understand the questing structure of classic.

- - - Updated - - -

The 8 million number is what the person believes classic will pull in.
    Reading is hard. Seriously tho, that bug complaint about the quests was trolling. He admitted as such

Not a snowflake´s chance in hell.

Retail is boring atm, but by far not half as boring as classic will be.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    All that is subjective. Personally, I think it’s better in every way
    Vanilla

Better class balance

You fucking what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I cant see that coming. See Classic as a safe harbour. Retail ist going to send latest patches. Younger Generations are going to play retail first and when they hit the point of *wow everything is stale and boring* they have the possibility to swap to the timelane of the game where everything matters. Even the useless talents have a purpose.

Its a win win market for blizz. Dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Vanilla

Better class balance

You fucking what?
    In a weird way, yes. Typically the classes that were bad at pvp shined in pve, or vice versus. Or shined during leveling

Think of classic as three intersecting circles of pve, pvp, leveling and you’ll see it’s more balanced then vs now in that regard

In live, let’s not act like every class is great in pvp or pve. Or raiding.

Go ahead and enhancement shamans how good they are now vs classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading is hard. Seriously tho, that bug complaint about the quests was trolling. He admitted as such
    Alrighty, if so, then I'm sorry about the bug report not seen it marked as such - so I'm stuck at people complaining about the questing structure alone..

You even said it yourself, Gehco, all the QoL things aren't there which is what A LOT of people want.
    QoL and anti-community elements is killing games.

Redroniksre, i said 8m because he said Classic was a niche market, we don't know that yet? It was an example.

No one knows if retail or classic is the niche market, YET.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion's plan:

Month 1: Hype Train, everyone resubs for Classic, "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS BOYS!!!". More servers get added to help with queues and congestion.
    Month 2-6: Gradual falloff of MAUs playing Classic. A slow steady decline, resulting in some "dead" servers with very little AH activity.
    Month 6: Ion opens up SERVER TRANSFERS for the people playing on above dead servers. Here's the amazing thing about Classic: 1-60 takes a while. So if you've put all that time in, a 25 dollar Server Transfer seems like a nice easy investment to continue to play their characters they've put so much time and effort into.

After that, we'll never know
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Alrighty, if so, then I'm sorry about the bug report not seen it marked as such - so I'm stuck at people complaining about the questing structure alone..
    I’d hate to see how these people would be at older games like eq if that’s the case. Wow vanilla questing is as simple as it gets. It tells you where to go and what to kill.

Sure it doesn’t have a giant explanation point overhead but doesn’t that kind of cheapen the rpg aspect?

They are one in the same. World of Warcraft. Which server you play on doesn't matter much just like if you play retail or classic doesn't matter much. One pool. One game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You even said it yourself, Gehco, all the QoL things aren't there which is what A LOT of people want.
    QoL and anti-community elements is killing games.

Redroniksre, i said 8m because he said Classic was a niche market, we don't know that yet? It was an example.

No one knows if retail or classic is the niche market, YET.
    Riiiiiiiight, so better questing structure is killing the games? Better tracking coding is killing the games?

Those are just among the changes I praise moving forward, as well as dungeon finder. And if you claim that is 'anti community' then you're part of the problem the community had in the first place, for it didn't harm the community I was part of when it was added.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d hate to see how these people would be at older games like eq if that’s the case. Wow vanilla questing is as simple as it gets. It tells you where to go and what to kill.

Sure it doesn’t have a giant explanation point overhead but doesn’t that kind of cheapen the rpg aspect?
    Dunno but most of Classic ended up with, if you didn't figure out the text, someone would haze you or others just say, 'Go to Thotbot' - of course, there are the ones helping you out too.

Of course not. Classic has 0 chance overtake retail.

It is hard to understand why this question even exist...

Riiiiiiiight, so better questing structure is killing the games? Better tracking coding is killing the games?

Those are just among the changes I praise moving forward, as well as dungeon finder. And if you claim that is 'anti community' then you're part of the problem the community had in the first place, for it didn't harm the community I was part of when it was added.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno but most of Classic ended up with, if you didn't figure out the text, someone would haze you or others just say, 'Go to Thotbot' - of course, there are the ones helping you out too.
    I think we will agree to disagree and that’s fine. Personally, I like the older quest structure where you have to read and figure it out vs modern wow where it legit tells you where exactly to go and hand holds you three.

It’s babysitting questing vs actual exploratory questing. I personally prefer the older system