Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    3) that is partly because people were also quite a bit worse at gaming in general, I would laugh at myself skill-wise from 2004-2006 when I could time travel and that's why people took way more time to beat content.
    let me put it this way - i was raiding in naxx and sunwell at the end of each of those. i always had things to do and i only had 1 alt in vanilla and 2 in burning crusade.
    i never felt bored or like i had nothing to do.
    i believe a huge chunk of this was the fact two fold.
    1) while bc had some catch up mechanics (badge gear), it wasn't enough to boost you to end game and you still had to progress.
    2) the baseline difficulty of raids in wrath was much easier then vanilla (at least after MC, which was admittedly thrown together to have something available), and bc.
    if you want proof of this. look at Wrath Naxx. now look at Karazhan.

Let it be as it was and end there. Nothing else. Or max existing expansion classic versions.
    People who want to play vanilla play vanilla like they've done the past 15 years and people who play retail play retail and all is fine and dandy since they don't ever meet.

Or I swear the retail customers will come in and start demanding their shit in there if you do new stories to continue classic.
    I know I will. You make new raids and story content after Naxx I will be there in a heartbeat demanding to play Dragon Isles BUT WITH transmog and flying go with it and i tell you, you won't like that.
    Cause then those stories in that format will never be in retail and retail players want them too, but not with the old game systems.
    It would be a shit show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions

New Level 60 Content After Naxxramas?

In the original World of Warcraft, the level 60 Naxxramas raid was essentially the last major content update for the game before The Burning Crusade arrived. Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it's a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream.
    I asked for the interview, not a journalist's own words. All you and the journalist did, was quote a portion of what Dawson said completely omit the original question asked to him. Hence why I want the interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    But how do the millions of people get more classic era content?
    Simple: they don't.

Blizzard can't possibly make a new MMO.
    They can. But making a "second WoW" to exist concurrently and in competition with the current WoW is a shot in their own foot.

Retail is stuck in new gen casual mode and so our only hope is new classic era content.
    Not my problem, nor Blizzard's. Classic WoW was not created to "reboot WoW".

the playerbase will want new content and so I am asking you, who can give us this?
    There are a plethora of other games around the web.

Blizz is not gonna sleep on money.
    Making a "WoW 2" is literally throwing money away because you'd then make a direct competitor to your own game. Why do you think we haven't gotten a "Warcraft 4" game yet, despite "massive demand"?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    "Realistic"?

New content for Classic is not realistic. Especially if you assume class changes wouldn't be part of it.

The moment they announce new stuff for Classic, is the moment you simultaneously alienate the people who actually want to be there, and open the door for people who previously weren't, but want now for the new content. The demand for class changes and other QoL changes is going to too high for Blizzard to just ignore.

And then there is the utmost lunacy of having 2 different WoW's being developed at the same time, splitting the community and resources in half.

So no, there is nothing realistic about new content for Classic.
    Can you like stop?

It's a brand new team in a new department. It isn't taking anything from live. Live will be exactly the same regardless if they did classic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    "Realistic"?

New content for Classic is not realistic. Especially if you assume class changes wouldn't be part of it.

The moment they announce new stuff for Classic, is the moment you simultaneously alienate the people who actually want to be there, and open the door for people who previously weren't, but want now for the new content. The demand for class changes and other QoL changes is going to too high for Blizzard to just ignore.

And then there is the utmost lunacy of having 2 different WoW's being developed at the same time, splitting the community and resources in half.

So no, there is nothing realistic about new content for Classic.
    oh look another person pushing a false narrative that has been debunked by blizzard themselves.

question for you about this whole splitting the community thing.
    1) what community? have you touched retail lately? community is non existent.
    2) if classic wasn't bringing in new subs, it would not being made. ergo it's bringing in players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    oh look another person pushing a false narrative that has been debunked by blizzard themselves.
    When has Blizzard "debunked" that?

2) if classic wasn't bringing in new subs, it would not being made. ergo it's bringing in players.
    That has nothing to do with "making brand new content to Classic". Classic was not designed to take the story (and content) in WoW into another direction.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

There should be no new content. You got what you wanted, Vanilla Wow. Naxx should be the last raid and the once you get the top rank im Pvp there's nothing more to gain. You can keep playing the same content in the next 10 years. They should not use any money to develop new content for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    When has Blizzard "debunked" that?

That has nothing to do with "making brand new content to Classic". Classic was not designed to take the story (and content) in WoW into another direction.
    when they hired brand new people for classic and said that classic wasn't going to take away resources from retail?
    i agree, classic should have no new content.
    that doesn't mean the person who i quoted gets to make claims like "its going to split the community and it's taking away resources from live"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    when they hired brand new people for classic and said that classic wasn't going to take away resources from retail?
    i agree, classic should have no new content.
    that doesn't mean the person who i quoted gets to make claims like "its going to split the community and it's taking away resources from live"
    Adding new content to Classic will split the community, though. And "resources" is not just manpower. Story and content do count as "resources" as well as far as I can tell. It's the same reason why we don't have a Warcraft 4 game, yet.

Adding new content to Classic will split the community, though. And "resources" is not just manpower. Story and content do count as "resources" as well as far as I can tell. It's the same reason why we don't have a Warcraft 4 game, yet.
    that isn't what the person i quoted is talking about when he's saying splitting the community though. he's talking about modern wow vs classic wow.
    that's clear by the way he talks about developing two different wows.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of completing some content that was originally planned for Classic but got cut or otherwise didn't make it, like the Azshara Crater battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The other piece of content they started working on before scrapping it for an expansion was Outland/Hellfire Penninsula as a level 60 zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh, I think they probably had vague ideas to do something with Kharazhan too.
    Wasn't vague at all Kara was the first raid they worked on they ended scrapping half of it which is the gated off part in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Class balance was far from stellar back then, that alone will give you plenty of broken features. As for bugs, this is a reupload, but if you skip to the halfway point of the video and look at the distance the rogue melees the tauren, then you can probably see why this would qualify as a bug by any reasonable standard. There are other things that were changed later and were treated like bugs at the time but which are kept for consistency.
    Class balance was fine then what you need to realize is outside pure dps you weren't meant to have more than one maybe two of the hybrids as dps. If your class could heal that was it's primary role if you were a warrior you were a tank at least until you reached the gear point where dps warrior became good. The dps specs were for the most part an afterthought to make leveling easier for those classes.

So you're equating being active in this forum... to being a "vanilla purist". Well, newsflash to you: I'm not, and won't be, playing Classic WoW.
    And you also seem oblivious that Blizzard recently spoke out in the possibility of future content for classic.

Whatever you think the purpose of classic is, you seem to be off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There are literally six other expansions worth of Classic "content."
    No there really aren't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Well, i'm expecting three things.
    a) balance
    b) aesthetics
    and options in general

A) has the potential to change the gameplay, so we have to be careful.
    B) cant change anything gameplay related, so it will be easier.

The easy way, which would please both, the purist zealots and the more open-minded imaginative people,
    would be to have different servers "Classic+" where these changes would be applied.
    There we could either make new characters or transfer an old one.
    That way everyone will be happy.

My balance changes:

Bring druids on par with other classes, but definitelly not stronger.
    If you're going to gamble, gamble towards weaker, not stronger.

Allow paladins to tank.
    Give them Hand of Reckoning (Taunt)
    And make Righteous Fury severely increase the threat of Consecration.
    So, protadins could fulfill a niche role in AoE-tanking trash.
    Maybe even make Consecration heal, for holy paladins.

Allow Forsaken to have paladins and Dwarves to have shamans.
    It's no stretch of the lore honestly.
    Many NPCs had those combinations already in Vanilla.
    Maybe you should first complete an extremelly difficult questline to unlock the ability to create one.

Maybe add a couple more combinations while we're at it.
    Like Dwarf mages and warlocks, Troll druids and warlocks.
    Again, not stretching the lore. Remember beta?

Maybe make warrior pvp a bit less black-white/win-lose.
    By allowing for charge to be used for 3 seconds after you enter combat.
    And give Heroic Strike a purpose, like spreading Sunder Armor to a nearby enemy.

The only thing the rogue REALLY needs is for this sadistic 90% "improved sap" talent to become 100%.

The only thing warlocks need on the other hand is for their Soul Shards not to dissapear while logged off.

Mages could really use a Mage Table.

And shamans that 4x preset-totem-summoning mechanic. You know what i mean.
    It is just a chore to have to go totem1..GCD...totem2..GCD..totem3..GCD..totem4 on each pack of mobs.

Priests need to have their priest-specific racials removed.
    There is literal priest racism going on, on alliance side, honestly.
    Fear Ward can take the place of Lightwell on the holy tree.

Racials definitelly need balancing.

I can tolerate Hardiness and WotF...
    As long as other racials get a bit buffed.

for example:
    Warstomp is made instant.
    Stoneform also removes magic and curse.
    Shadowmeld has much stronger stealth.
    Berserking has no low-life requirement.
    Perception? i honestly dont know what to replace it with. Just leave it as is.
    Blood Fury and EA are balanced enough.

My aesthetic additions:

Barber Shop.
    If you're against this simple thing... You need help.

Transmog.
    Nothing broke my immersion more than watching a dozen players wearing roughly the same gear.
    I was just immediately reminded that i was in a computer game.
    And hey, if i earned something cool, allow me to wear it forever if i like.
    There can be new servers added, that have the transmog feature.
    Where players can make new characters, or transfer an old one.
    Like how at some point they added RP-PVP in addition to the other types.
    Now there can be RP-Transmog-PvE and RP-Transmog-PvP.
    All mogs would of course be gained in Classic, and used in Classic Transmog-servers, only.

That cute animation when you open your map.
    And that other one, where hunters rest their weapon when they have a target but don't attack.
    There could be more like those.
    Like when you open your backpack. Or when you apply a scroll buff, or drink a potion.
    Or when you fall from high altitude and dont die do a kneeling-landing animation.
    Small things that add a lot to the general feel, and nothing on the gameplay.

Some other suggestions i have thought of are:

A more tidy version of the LFG channel. More RPG-centric and immersive.
    Like ad-boards placed throughout the city.
    Nothing fancy. No dropdown menus, roles, item levels, and invite buttons.
    You would write exactly what you would write in an LFG macro, but you wouldnt have to spam it, and it wouldnt be lost within the dozens of other macros.
    Anyone wanting to join would HAVE to whisper you, just like with the LFG channel.

Heroic versions of all dungeons and raids.
    Or challenge modes.
    But not +99887676 mythics.

Or even the addition of Jewelcrafting and Inscription.
    I think we all like those.

As for content...

Definitely a diferent unfolding of events.
    Not like on the "first" timeline.

For example, instead of us going through the Dark Portal to invade Outland...
    Outland could invade Blasted Lands, with an upgraded Kazzak raid boss...
    And we will have to beat the raid and destroy the Portal for good.

Another dungeon/raid could be Grim Batol (different take).

And the cleansing of the greatly infested by wretched, Quel'Thalas. Which would be uninhabitable.

Caverns of Time would be a good addition too.

As well as a different take on the expedition to Northrend.

We could visit Kezan, or Undermine, where gnomes and goblins will be at war.

An underground dungeon in Un'goro about elementals...

A different take on Kharazan, like the earlier, Crypts of Kharazan scrapped content.

And of course the scrapped Emerald Dream/Nightmare.

A different take on Hyjal, not related to ragnaros.

Attack on a fel-possessed Timbermau Hold.

A different take on Gilneas, where the Worgen infection completely took over.

Rescue mission on Alcaz Islands, where you rescue Varian. And he returns as King a bit earlier.

and then there's my favorite... BGs.

Conflicts revolving around:

Aerie Peak vs Revantusk Village
    Theramore vs Brackenwall Village (Stonemaul)
    Bael Modan vs Camp Turajo
    Crossroads vs Ashenvale
    Southshore vs Tarren Mill
    No, new content is fine if it comes eventually like 2 plus years but class changes are not. Classic wow was based on the old dnd type classes if you can heal you are meant to heal but they let you have a damage spec for convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No there really aren't
    Let's think about what's more likely for Blizzard: Releasing content that's already been made, fits perfectly with the theme of Classic WoW and only requires a small team to port it over or developing an entirely new game with new lore which requires more resources and manpower plus has the added benefit of dividing further an already divided playerbase.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll choose the latter.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-05-19 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Let's think about what's more likely for Blizzard: Releasing content that's already been made, fits perfectly with the theme of Classic WoW and only requires a small team to port it over or developing an entirely new game with new lore which requires more resources and manpower plus has the added benefit of dividing further an already divided playerbase.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll choose the latter.
    The last classic style content was bc and very early wrath prior to dungeon finder being added and gear creep making aoe spam a thing. It could be argued very early on they tried to go back to it in cata but bads threw a fit. Blizz is likely to do what makes them the most money if they have more/as many players invested in classic as retail they will develop new content for it ala osrs. If however they start doing class changes they will lose people hopefully they are smart enough to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No there really aren't

- - - Updated - - -

No, new content is fine if it comes eventually like 2 plus years but class changes are not. Classic wow was based on the old dnd type classes if you can heal you are meant to heal but they let you have a damage spec for convenience
    but it is a known fact that paladins in wow were initially meant to tank as well.
    but it was taken from them, because shamans could not be turned into a capable tank as well, for balance.
    as well as many of the class combinations were originally allowed, only to be scrapped to maintain some sort of status quo.
    i'd say the game was more based on the hero classes of WC3, rather than generic DnD. with a few exceptions, like rogue and hunter.
    i can explain this further if you want, its just a lot to write.

Classic is perfect though, why would we need more content. Noone will the "perfectly" tuned and definitely not bugged raids. As for feral being fine just needing a weapon, mained feral in vanilla, more than just lack of items was wrong.

Yeah let's never add new content to Classic because REEEE CLASSIC IS CLASSIC REEEEE and then five years later it can just be a dead fucking product with very little players and no activity because surprise surprise, you can't just keep a game running forever with no new stuff to do in it how fucking dumb are you?

Post Naxx vanilla style raids? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT CLASSIC

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah let's never add new content to Classic because REEEE CLASSIC IS CLASSIC REEEEE and then five years later it can just be a dead fucking product with very little players and no activity because surprise surprise, you can't just keep a game running forever with no new stuff to do in it how fucking dumb are you?

Post Naxx vanilla style raids? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT CLASSIC
    It doesn't matter what they think/feel. Money > feelings. If Classic is a huge success they will dive into our pockets, them nor anyone else can stop them. And I welcome their greedy hands. I am 33yo, and lots of spare money for old WoW, just take it away from me!