Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    No one's terrified. You're creating a narrative that literally doesn't against. A content creator did something that was grounds for a ban, she got banned, and now the far right is treating her like a martyr for free speech.
    She's not a martyr and she isn't a terrorist. She's the equivalent of a TF2 kid telling you to swallow a bullet. Ban worthy, but hilarious that you feel like she's actually going to shoot the YouTube CEO with a Luger.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    If i understand it correctly she is throwing crap on people that use the made up pronoun "zer" which is used by mentally sick people and it means "gender neutral".
    Im not sure about that tho...
    It's Gen Z'er, as in Generation Z or post-millennials, the demographic cohort born between the late 90s and the mid-2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Human rights exist everywhere
    Sorry, but reality does not work that way. You see, Free Speech is nice and all, but do not forget the saying "Your rights end where my nose begins". Google, and any other company, also has what is called the Freedom of Association. That's something else the First Amendment gives. If Google does not want to associate with these people, they do not have you. They do not have to associate with you. They do not have to associate with me.

In fact, their terms of service spells out what they generally do not like. And if you do something they generally do not like, then they will opt to not associate with you by banning your account. So your right to free speech on their platform is non-existent. You have a privilege of speech on their platform. If yuou do not like it, then choose another service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    I have no idea what she says.
    And i'm really not interested to hear.

But the SJW crowd is a plague on the earth.

They always act in such a fascist way.
    You're not allowed to say this and that. We'll hunt you down.
    We dissagree with you, so we're gonna end you.

Free speech is extremelly important to have. Even when we dissagree with what is being said.
    Which will be most of the times. Since we each support one opinion, when there are many more on a subject.

Words dont hurt.
    People should stop being so sensitive. Or pretending to be, in order to guilt-win an argument by victimizing themselves.
    The only time action should be taken is when someone is trying to agressively and systematically brainwash children, about anything.
    Imagine coming into a thread, proclaiming to have no idea about the subject, then virtue signal about your hatred of sjws, without seeing the irony in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Imagine coming into a thread, proclaiming to have no idea about the subject, then virtue signal about your hatred of sjws, without seeing the irony in it...
    Not to mention boasting about not understanding free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    It was a joke. I didn't say it shouldn't have any repercussions, but if you don't understand that's a joke, then you have no humor, because when I read it and got to the mitochondrial disease+Luger part, I almost spit out my drink. Somebody should talk to her parents and her and tell them that threats to somebody's life are not OK even in this format.

Yet it's still a fucking joke any damn day. It's the same type of joke that a your significant other would make, like "Did you talk again with that smart mouth ho' at the store, Jackie-boy? I'm sharpening my scalpel for when you get home, hide your balls cause they're in danger. Luv, Honey, XoXo"

Or should I call the cops when this happens and send them to my GF cause she threatened to cut my balls?
    It's a ridiculous counter-argument.

Everyone knows the threat of violence was bullshit. That's why the kid was not arrested and charged with a crime. If they had felt the threat was credible, that would have been the result.

Banning them for it is exactly how you react to "jokes" like this.

And I'm putting "joke" in quotes because I don't see how it's even expected to be funny, in any way whatsoever. It seems more like they're just being an abusive and hostile little shit; that they're not actually planning to actually follow through doesn't make it a "joke", it makes it a shitty, abusive lie.

Also, your counter-example is asinine. Either friendly jibes are part of your relationship with your partner and you know it's an expression of love (a factor that is not remotely in place with this shithead kid's shithead conduct), or what you're describing is textbook emotional abuse. Which is not a fucking "joke".
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-05-19 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's with the outrage then if anyone knows the threat was BS, supposedly?
    The only "outrage" around this story is right-wingers raging that a shithead kid got banned for breaking Youtube's rules of conduct, bleating about "free speech" even though they don't understand the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You had me at "far-right foul-mouthed"

Instant sub from me! We need more voices against the aids thats spreading across the world that is the leftist propaganda.

You go girl!

- - - Updated - - -

Classic leftist bot-factory comment!
    Freedom of a business to decide it's own business practices is leftist now? Interesting.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

I have to say one thing about this website: The fascist-apologists who pretend to be "right-wing free-speech advocates" are among the whiniest, least-honest,and least ethical people I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with. Every single one of you is a waste of natural resources and I look forward to you eventually hitting adulthood and growing out of your anti-democracy temper tantrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not banned...
    ... any more?

Because she definitely was. That's what the thread is about.

and the thread is fucking full of outrage from left leaning dudes.
    You've really gotta be hunting for that to try and construe it as "outrage".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    She's not a martyr and she isn't a terrorist. She's the equivalent of a TF2 kid telling you to swallow a bullet. Ban worthy, but hilarious that you feel like she's actually going to shoot the YouTube CEO with a Luger.
    the repeated school shooting by kids her age makes the "its just jokes" claim sort of weak since she very well could

- - - Updated - - -

She's not banned... and the thread is fucking full of outrage from left leaning dudes.

Also I cannot wait for the Trump admin to get a probe into social media and regulate it. Could be the one good thing this admin would do, understanding the new realities of the digital age and social media, and regulating the fuck out of it, making sure 1st amendment is respected, which is far more important than muh corporate rights.

I'm gonna have chain orgasms when that happens, that's for sure, and it will at one point, it's simply about how technology evolves, and how laws fail to keep up.
    its cute you think that will happen

the ship to make that happen sailed when Trump appointed Ajit Pai to the FFC and he worked to claim the internet wasn't a public utility

once that happened, trying to claim that websites using it are regulatable like some public good, but the access to them isnt became an unwinnable legal argument vs the shaky one it would have been before

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Freedom of a business to decide it's own business practices is leftist now? Interesting.
    "The Left" is slowly absorbing all the remaining sound governance elements the Republicans have thrown off in their Faustian bargian with the alt-right. About the only platform items they've got left are "religion" and "trolling".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Destroy her, get her kicked out of school. Get the school shut down, parents fired, home reposed, just ruin her life. Absolutely destroy any chance of her ever having a normal life for having an opinion that some don't like. Death is the only release that people that have wronged us will ever get. But their name shall be remembered forever, IN THE BOOK OF ETERNAL GRUDGES!
    Who didnt closed the door ?
    Looks like a little dwarf slipped in!

10+ Year Old Account
    She was not banned. You're misunderstanding the whole thing, which is about journos trying to get her banned and creating outrage.
    I really don't have time to read the article in the OP to you in slow-motion, because you have decided to not bother informing yourself as to what the thread is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think that "businesses deciding their own business practices" (i.e. no regulations) is "sound governance", you're not left, it's as easy as that. You don't fool anyone, and yes, a business deciding what it can do or not is self-regulation, i.e. fucking ancap utopia of no regulation. You don't want to regulate corporations, you're no leftie.
    lol, right, because thinking a business has the right to have a reasonable terms of use and to refuse to do business with violators of it is "wanting unregulated ancap". lol nice try. Well, no not really that was actually a pretty lazy straw man.

Get gud scrub.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, Endus.

"It worked, and YouTube launched into action by striking Soph’s channel and taking away her ability to upload for a week. They’ve also now taken down her “Be Not Afraid” video as stated above."

That's NOT a ban. Click on the damn link, her channel is up and going strong.
    Banned from uploading for a week.

Read that first word again, and stop being completely ridiculous.

Tbh i enjoy the rightists suddenly wanting to regulate a private business. It shows thier whole thing about being for private business rights a bit back was only about being dicks to lgbt people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    She is basically a child. Buzzfeed starting a witch hunt isnt great. This whole thing has made her shitty videos more popular.
    The problem with the "she's just a child" line of argument, to play devil's advocate for a sec, is that people will use that to try and evade punishment by using her (and others) as the "front" for their political messaging.

Which is arguably exactly what's happening, here.

Really, she's posting this stuff to the public. That warrants public response. You say her age means people shouldn't be responding this negatively, I say that it was always gonna happen, and her parents shouldn't have let her post this stuff in the first place, for exactly that reason. Instead, it looks like they rolled her in BBQ sauce and staked her out and waited for the wolves to attack, so they could act all aghast at how dangerous the wolves around here are. Let's focus on them using her as bait, I think that's the more relevant issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear lord. That is NOT a ban. You made that shit up. You're trying to save face cause it's clearly you didn't read the article.

I am done here. It's like talking to the damn walls. Absolutely beyond ridiculous.
    The upload ban that's described as a ban in the OP's article and several others about this, that isn't a "ban" because of some super-secret special definition you made up in your own head based on a desire to claim I'm wrong based on nothing at all?

And I'm the "ridiculous" one?

I love her videos, and the fact that a little girl triggers the sjw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7bplfghJMs

Shes woke AF, these poor neckbeards of course would be triggered.
    Last edited by Vonazak; 2019-05-19 at 03:16 PM.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?