Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems vastly more detailed than any other class, which is both good and bad imo. I'd definitely play, but I fear so would everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'd be open to adding them just for the sake of completeness, but I'd need to see how they would be any different than Druids or the Red Dragonflight.
    I think green would work as a botany based spec. Resto Druid is lightly botany based but as a green dragon dps you could use plants, acids, poisons, spores, even bugs or emerald tears. It skirts the druid’s kit but doesn’t step on their toes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Make them fey-like. Calling upon faerie dragons, oneiric spells and emerald blasts.

Also, I think there's something that could be neat, call it Glyph of the Tainted Oath for example. This glyph twists the shape of the current Dragonflight into their corrupted version.

Black Dragons -> Twilight Dragons
    Red Dragons -> Chromatic Dragons (not sure if this one is accurate, though)
    Blue Dragons -> Beryl Dragons (also this one can be strange, runic dragons?)
    Green Dragons -> Nightmare Dragons
    Bronze Dragons -> Infinite Dragons
    I like your corrupted idea but I think

Black-ember wyrm
    Red-Twilight dragon(they were mostly from Alextraza’s clutch)
    Blue-frost wyrm
    Green-nightmare
    Bronze-infinite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I like your corrupted idea but I think

Black-ember wyrm
    Red-Twilight dragon(they were mostly from Alextraza’s clutch)
    Blue-frost wyrm
    Green-nightmare
    Bronze-infinite
    Oh yes. Definitely forgot about frost wyrms!

Heck, also a glyph for Protodrake forms.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Continued tweaking some abilities and doing some editing. Also made it a point that this is a hero class. Can't imagine a dragon powerful enough to emulate dragon flights starting at level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You know this could actually be a pretty unique hero class lore wise and aesthetic wise.

The flights could band together to form an elite group of "pure" chromatic drakes that are the dragonsworn class.
    Like the OP said you choose your humanoid race like any other class. Howeve, in lore, the dragonsworn must select one humanoid race who's ideals they wish to embrace permanently and in turn which faction. This is not a selection the dragon can ever change which makes it a lot more intimate. Obviously as a player you can still purchase a race change.

So far the only races that wouldn't make sense would be worgen and forsaken. Gilnean Worgen are more of a curse than an actual "race" in terms of lore and i doubt a living dragon would be able to embrace the body of an undead.

Emotes could be class unique like the demon Hunters to prevent lore inconsistencies.

For hero class customisation I believe draconic eyes/facial features along with vibrant colored hair would be neat.
    Yep, I agree with all of that. I even mentioned that this class should have unique racial appearances like skin color and unique markings that let people know that they're "different". Love the emote idea, and the Worgen/Forsaken omission too. I'll add that to the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I think green would work as a botany based spec. Resto Druid is lightly botany based but as a green dragon dps you could use plants, acids, poisons, spores, even bugs or emerald tears. It skirts the druid’s kit but doesn’t step on their toes.
    The problem is that it also steps on the Lifebinder (Red Dragonflight) toes as well. Blizzard gave Alexstraza quite a few Druidic powers in HotS.

At this point, I'd rather add a Storm Drake instead of a Green Drake. LoL!

7+ Year Old Account
    The Dragonsworn Class

I. Overview

Dragonsworn is a hybrid, 4 spec Hero class that revolves around magic and the ability to briefly transform into a dragon. This class is capable of performing DPS, Tanking, and Healing, and is playable by every race except for Worgen and Forsaken. Allied Races should be included for potential races. Each spec is based on 4 different dragon flights, and corresponds with their general lore. The Black Dragonflight is the flight that protects the Earth, and thus is the tanking specialization. The Red Dragonflight is the flight of creation and life, thus they are the healing spec. The Blue and Bronze dragon flights are DPS specs utilizing a variety of magical attacks and granting utility for their allies. However, while Bronze is pure ranged, the Blue spec is a hybrid melee/ranged spec similar to a battle mage.

In the Dragonsworn class, the player's race is actually Dragon. When the player chooses a race in the selection screen, they're actually selecting their human form. The player is a new type of Chromatic Dragon, capable of changing flights at will and assuming their powers and abilities. This allows the player's character to switch between Dragonflights as easily as other classes switch between specs. The lore behind this, and the treatment of this new dragon flight is open to interpretation and development. I'm merely using it as a method in which to allow the player to swap between Dragonflights and allowing it to make sense.

II. Class Specifics

Humanoid Form and Dragon Form

During the majority of your gameplay, you will be in human form, blending in with the other mortals of Azeroth as much as possible. However, there should be some different aspects to the Dragon Humanoid form than standard races. Anything from different hair types, eye colors, tattoos, skin color, emotes or other features should be available.

Every Dragonsworn spec has the ability to enter Dragon form during battle. Entering Dragon form occurs when your resource reaches a certain point. Once activated, you will remain in Dragon form until your resource runs out, or you cancel the form. In addition, some abilities such as Wing Flap and Dragonfire temporarily transforms you into a dragon. Dragonfire has a slight chance to keep you in dragon form for 12 seconds.

Specifics

Roles: Tank, MDPS, RDPS, Healing
    Resource: Dragon Soul, Mana
    Armor: Mail
    Weapons: Polearms, Shields, Mace, swords, 2H swords, Staves, Bows, Xbows, Guns
    Primary Stats: Agility and INT
    Races: All except for Forsaken and Worgen

Dragon Fire

Each spec has the ability of Dragon Fire in all forms. However, Dragon Fire takes on different properties depending on your current Dragon Flight. Activating Dragon Fire has a low chance to cause your character to turn into a dragon.

Black Dragonflight:
    Cataclysm: Breaths Shadowflame, dealing initial damage, and damage over time for 6 seconds. Black Dragonflights Dragon fire generates threat, and has a slightly higher chance of triggering Dragon Form.

Blue Dragonflight:
    Azure Blaze: Deals Arcane/Frost damage, chilling targets in its patch and increasing your arcane damage done to the target by X% for X seconds. Arcane damage restores mana for duration. Blue Dragonflight's Dragon Fire is arcane and has additional range.

Red Dragonflight:
    Restorative Flames: Your Dragon Fire also heals allies. Red Dragonflight's Dragon Fire has a wider cone.

Bronze Dragonflight:
    Timless Blaze: Breathes temporal sand instead of fire. Damage done to targets slows them by X% for 8 seconds. Your damage to target increases haste by X for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. Bronze Dragonflight's Dragon Fire has a shorter cooldown.

Flight Form

After a certain level, Dragonsworn learn the ability to transform into a unique dragon form (Chromatic Dragon, or from their spec/dragon flight) that allows them to fly while outside of combat. This form is instant cast, and your party members can ride on your back!

III. General Abilities

Flame Buffet: Launches a ball of fire at a target, damaging them and burning them for 3 seconds. If a burning target is hit, Flame Buffet deals additional damage.

Wing Flap: Flap your dragon wings, pushing an enemy away from you. (30 second CD) In Dragon Form this ability has no cooldown, and also causes damage.

Dragon Form: Temporarily transform into a Dragon, increasing your HP and armor, and enhancing your abilities. Dragonfire has a low chance to make you enter this form for 12 seconds. This chance is slightly increased in the Earthwarden spec.

Dragon Fire: Transform into a dragon and blast an area with fire, dealing damage in a cone in front of the caster, instantly returning to humanoid form afterwards. (1 minute CD) Dragon Fire has a low chance to trigger Dragon Form for 12 seconds. In Dragon Form, this ability has 2 charges, and its cooldown is reduced to 3 seconds.

Draconic Scales: Reduces the damage you take for 8 seconds. Grants an additional effect based on your current Dragonflight. (1.5 minute CD)

Skyfire: (Channel) Transform into a dragon and fly into the air, bombarding a targeted area with flames for X seconds. (5 minute CD) Has different effects based on Dragonflight:

+Black: All targets are inflicted with Shadowflame DoT effect for 6 seconds.
    +Blue: All targets suffer Arcane/Frost damage.
    +Red: Allies can be healed by the bombardment (Can be used as a healing spell).
    +Bronze: Targeted area becomes Slowing Sands with a shorter duration.

IV. Specializations

Earthwarden Black Dragonflight, Tank

Guardians of the world, Earthwardens combine raw destructive power , with the stability and solidity of earth beneath them. The Earthwardenuses the power of the planet itself to wreck fiery havoc on his enemies, and to protect his wary allies.

*Dragon Form has increased armor, higher than Dragon Form in other specs. Skyfire will leave a molten pool in the targeted area for a few seconds after duration.

Cataclysmic Weapon: Imbues your weapon with Black Dragon Fire, giving your melee attacks a chance to cause splash damage and leave pools of lava on the ground. Standing near or on these pools increases your attack and regeneration rate.

Molten Strike: (2 charges) Strikes the enemy with a molten blade, dealing fire damage. If this hits a target currently burning, it will extend the burning duration by 2 seconds.

Draconic Sweep: Swings your weapon in an arc in front of you, dealing damage to all enemies within range, and setting them ablaze. If already burning, they suffer critical damage.

Cataclysmic Armor: Burst into flames, dealing damage to enemies in a 6 yard radius, but rapidly drain your mana. Damage done to your enemies through cataclysmic armor or through your attacks heals you for a percent of the damage. Damage done to burning enemies deals more damage.

Stonecracker: Stomps the ground, causing damage to all targets in 8 yards around the caster, and slowing them for a few seconds.

Beneath the Surface: (passive) Your melee attacks have a chance for your enemy to see your true form, horrifying them for a few seconds. Horrified enemies take increased damage.

Molten Scales: (passive) While Draconic Scales is active, enemy melee attacks increase your armor by 5%, and damages enemy attackers. Armor increase stacks up to 5 times.

Spellweaver Blue Dragonflight, DPS

Spellweavers combine their mastery of the arcane with swift arrow attacks to create a beautiful, yet deadly blend of magic and archery.

*Flame Buffet turns into Arcane Buffet, dealing Arcane damage instead of Fire damage. "Azure" damage is Arcane/Frost damage.

Azure Shot: (2 charges) Fires an Arcane/frozen arrow at a target, dealing Azure damage, and slowing movement speed for 2 seconds.

Prismatic Arrow: Fires an arrow that becomes pure arcane energy, dealing damage to all targets in a line, and leaving a Leyline in its path that lasts for 15 seconds.

Wailing Arrow: Fires an arrow that then explodes on the first target hit, dealing arcane damage to all targets within 6 yards of the explosion, and silencing the initial target for 3 seconds. Player can detonate Wailing Arrow at any point.

Runemaster: (passive) Standing on a Leyline increases your mana regeneration and spell damage by 15%.

Azure Blade: Throws a dagger laced with arcane/frost magic at a target, dealing Azure damage, and bouncing to a neighboring target twice, dealing reduced damage after each bounce. (30 second CD)

Wild Magic Copies a random magical spell from any neighboring humanoid, dragon, or demon mob nearby. Copied spell lasts 1 hour.

Dragonflight Summons an Azure Drake which flies forward breathing Azure flames, dealing Azure damage to all targets in its path. At the end of its flight, the Dragon will leave a Ley Line behind. Activating Dragonflight again will teleport you to the Dragonflight's current location in its flight path.

Brilliant Azure Scales: (passive) While Draconic Scales is active, melee attacks against you increase your Arcane and Frost damage by 2%, stacking up to 5 times.

Lifebinder Red Dragonflight, Healing

Empowered by the Titans to be the guardians of life, Lifebinders do whatever it takes to protect life even at the possible cost of their own.

*Critical Flame Buffet strikes will heal the Lifebinder for a % of the damage.

Gift of Life: Sacrifice an amount of your health to instantly heal an ally for 150% of the amount of life you sacrificed. Gift of Life costs no mana.

Preservation: Plant a seed of healing that blooms after 3 seconds, healing nearby allied Heroes for a % of their maximum Health.

Nourishing Fumes: (passive) Allies near the Lifebinder during Dragon Fire are healed over 6 seconds.

Life Binder: Sacrifice your mana, dividing the total amount of expended mana between you and an allied target and converting it into life. While your mana is below 35%, the healing power of your Gift of Life spell is increased.

Exuberance: (passive) At 75% health or more, you move 15% faster. (Does not stack with mount speed).

Unbinding: Sacrifice a significant portion of your health and your mana to heal your ally for 300% of the health sacrificed, and deal damage to enemies within 8 yards around your ally for 300% of the mana sacrificed. (3 minute CD)

Blossom of Life: (Talent) Critical heals will spawn a Blossom of Life near your location. You or your allies can collect up to 3 blossoms. Consuming the Blossom will heal you for a % of your maximum health. 1 minute cooldown. In addition, if you cast Gift of Life while holding a blossom, Gift of Life will consume the blossom instead. This effect does not work while Life Binder is active.

Restorative Scales: While Draconic Scales is active, damage done to you heals you instead.

Timewalker Bronze Dragonflight, DPS

Manipulators of the sands of time. Timewalkers use their great power to control and eventually destroy their enemies.

*Critical Flame Buffet strikes reduce the Cooldown of Dragon Fire. Dragon Fire has a 45 second base CD.

Sandblast: Fires a missile of temporal sand at a target. When casted, Sandblast leaves a temporal echo that can mimic the Timewalker's sandblast when casted again, dealing reduced damage. The echo lasts for 6 seconds.

Meridian: Instantly switch locations with your Echo while it is active.

Dragon's Breath: Launches a missile of sand into an air, landing on a targeted area dealing damage to all targets within it, and slowing the movement and attack speed of targets in the center.

Slowing Sands: Creates a sand vortex that slows enemies within it by 5% every 0.25 seconds, up to 75%.

Time Trap: Place a Time Trap that arms and Stealths after 2 seconds. The trap can activated to detonate the trap, placing all nearby enemies in Time Stop for 3 seconds. Maximum of 2 traps can active at a time. Enemies in time stop take increased damage from Sandblast.

Temporal Loop: The Timewalker places a spell on a target. After 3 seconds, the target is instantly teleported back to the location where the spell was originally placed. Basic Abilities recharge faster for 3 seconds after casting Temporal Loop.

Blessing of Nozari: Increases movement speed by 30% and your abilities recharge 30% faster for 10 seconds. (3 minute CD).

Temporal Scales: (passive) While Draconic Scales is active, enemy melee attacks increase your haste by 6%. Stacks up to 3 times.

V. Notes and Thanks

1. The Lifebinder and Timewalker specs are heavily based on HotS heroes Chromie and Alexstrasza. If you have alternate ideas. please share them.
    2. I will be editing this post over time. I won't be doing talents or anything like that.
    3. I don't own nor create any art in this post.
    4. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed it.
    5. Shout out to @wanax for inspiring me to write this post.
    6. Please note that these are just SAMPLE abilities. I would definitely have talents and abilities that mention Wrathion and other cool stuff.
    Please give this suggestion to blizzard i love this idea I would play the thing nonstop the human form idea so awesome i always wanted to see a thing like that.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I must say, this looks very much like a class I'd love to play. Very creative and exactly something the game needs. My compliments.

Continued tweaking some abilities and doing some editing. Also made it a point that this is a hero class. Can't imagine a dragon powerful enough to emulate dragon flights starting at level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I agree with all of that. I even mentioned that this class should have unique racial appearances like skin color and unique markings that let people know that they're "different". Love the emote idea, and the Worgen/Forsaken omission too. I'll add that to the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that it also steps on the Lifebinder (Red Dragonflight) toes as well. Blizzard gave Alexstraza quite a few Druidic powers in HotS.

At this point, I'd rather add a Storm Drake instead of a Green Drake. LoL!
    My bad. I should look closer. Still everything is lookin good

They have already firmly told us that NO OTHER CLASS WILL EVER HAVE 4 SPECS AGAIN. Also, you are basically asking for a druid who is dragon based. try again when you are not copy/pasting an entire class and changing its looks
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    They have already firmly told us that NO OTHER CLASS WILL EVER HAVE 4 SPECS AGAIN. Also, you are basically asking for a druid who is dragon based. try again when you are not copy/pasting an entire class and changing its looks
    LoL! I wasn't aware that Druids had a bow spec, a time-based DPS spec, and a Fire-based tanking spec. In addition, I wasn't aware that Druids could periodically turn into dragons, since they spend the majority of their time in animal forms.

Also Blizzard has said a lot of things, only to go back on it later when there's money to be made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Seems vastly more detailed than any other class, which is both good and bad imo. I'd definitely play, but I fear so would everyone else.
    Too many people playing it would be a problem I suppose. Like I said earlier, I'm not sure Blizzard wants a class to be "too popular" where it starts cannibalizing other specs and classes. That's why in the Tinker class discussions I try to limit the optional races to only Goblins and Gnomes, because it's a strong limiting factor. I guess something like this would have no limiting factor (except a lack of melee DPS).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Please give this suggestion to blizzard i love this idea I would play the thing nonstop the human form idea so awesome i always wanted to see a thing like that.
    I can't post on the official forums, but you or anyone else are free to post this on any of the official forums if you like.

Reading through all this, was fun, but it cemented my belief that Dragonsworn should be an endgame progression system. If there’s any interest I could lay it out after I get back, there won’t be any pretty pictures.

If you’re playing as a dragon, then the class shouldn’t be called Dragonsworn, feels weird.

Also as much as Green Dragonflight is encompassed in Druids, not being a part of this is bordering on broken from the start.

Much more palatable than Tinker.

I came in here pretty cynically thinking "Ehhh...another one of these? Really?" but this is about exactly what I'd hope for from a dragonsworn-style class. I've always loved the dragonflights in Warcraft and while I'm personally crossing my fingers for tinker someday I wouldn't really be upset to see this either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Reading through all this, was fun, but it cemented my belief that Dragonsworn should be an endgame progression system. If there’s any interest I could lay it out after I get back, there won’t be any pretty pictures.

If you’re playing as a dragon, then the class shouldn’t be called Dragonsworn, feels weird.

Also as much as Green Dragonflight is encompassed in Druids, not being a part of this is bordering on broken from the start.
    Yeah, due to popular demand, I went ahead and added the Green Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard pass

Druids with dragon skin is certainly not what the game needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Hard pass

Druids with dragon skin is certainly not what the game needs.
    I don't see how this is anything like the Druid class. Is it the number of specs, or the (brief) transformation into a dragon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I came in here pretty cynically thinking "Ehhh...another one of these? Really?" but this is about exactly what I'd hope for from a dragonsworn-style class. I've always loved the dragonflights in Warcraft and while I'm personally crossing my fingers for tinker someday I wouldn't really be upset to see this either.
    I think in the case of future classes, the Necromancer and the Dark Ranger are too little, Dragonsworn is too much, and the Tinker is just right.

I think in the case of future classes, the Necromancer and the Dark Ranger are too little, Dragonsworn is too much, and the Tinker is just right.
    I tend to agree, with this sentiment, Necromancers and Dark Rangers can be given through other methods, again, I’m just going to say mirror classes. And as I keep beating the drum, Dragonsworn is too big for a class but better in my opinion for an end game AP-esque system.

Another class concept/idea I’ve been tossing around in my head is... Unnamed, but the spec ideas would be a cannoneer (SWTOR trooper), pistoleer, and a true rifleman (Hunter MM would need a rework or the Outlaw Rogue treatment)

You see Teriz, if you fucking try then you can come up with something fucking cool. This is fucking cool. Stick to it and drop that unfuckable tinker!

It should come with Drakonid race and we are set for a great adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    You see Teriz, if you fucking try then you can come up with something fucking cool. This is fucking cool. Stick to it and drop that unfuckable tinker!

Unfuckable? LoL!

While I like this concept, and I enjoyed writing it up, It's pretty clear that the Tinker is the better class concept overall.

That said, if Blizzard did do this concept in this manner, I wouldn't mind at all.

This plus playable drakkonids and I'd resub.

Morals be damned.

I don't see how this is anything like the Druid class. Is it the number of specs, or the (brief) transformation into a dragon?

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely agree with you on that point Teriz. The only way I see Necro and DR being playable is if they’re rolled into once class since there is some overlap or added as 4th specs to other classes. I’d be fine with either. I think Tinker has enough to make a solid class.

I do, however, truly enjoy the idea of a dragon themed class. The lore behind the dragons is so deep and they haven’t been done real justice in the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I tend to agree, with this sentiment, Necromancers and Dark Rangers can be given through other methods, again, I’m just going to say mirror classes. And as I keep beating the drum, Dragonsworn is too big for a class but better in my opinion for an end game AP-esque system.

Another class concept/idea I’ve been tossing around in my head is... Unnamed, but the spec ideas would be a cannoneer (SWTOR trooper), pistoleer, and a true rifleman (Hunter MM would need a rework or the Outlaw Rogue treatment)
    The Trooper would work well as a Tinker heal spec with a gun and drones. I’ve always thought a gunslinger would be fun is that what you mean by pistoleer? Like a dw medium to short range spec?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post

I don’t agree with Teriz on some of his Tinker ideas but I don’t think it isn’t “unfuckable”.

That said Dragonsworn released with a drakonid/dragonkin/dragonman race a la monk/pandaren could be really cool

- - - Updated - - -

Unfuckable? LoL!

While I like this concept, and I enjoyed writing it up, It's pretty clear that the Tinker is the better class concept overall.

That said, if Blizzard did do this concept in this manner, I wouldn't mind at all.
    I really like that you pulled the old balance Druid bar for the Dreamweaver. That was a cool idea they abandoned after an expansion or two