Poll: Which Expansion will be the last?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    i'm sorry but ruby sanctum was not considered its own raid tier. and was more like a tier 10.5.
    Ok let me make sure I understand this: You quoted my whole post just to comment on only THAT?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

again, wrath was when the shift to a completely different style started. stop making it seem like cata was when that happened.
    when did we start making the game more "accessible"
    wrath
    when did we make all specs equally competitive in dps?
    wrath
    when was LFD, Looms, and Story Driven begin?
    Wrath
    when did we dumb down dungeons to aoe tank and spank?
    Wrath
    when did we stop making classes unique and take away niches?
    Wrath

- - - Updated - - -

they wouldn't go with that. they would probably go with the patch that added Ruby Sanctum.
    Blizzard didn't use the pre patch for bc with classic, why would do that with wrath?
    >Blizzard didn't use the pre patch for bc with classic

I was under the impression they did. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think it would be awesome if they got through WotLK and then split from the story as told where the Cataclysm either did not happen, happened differently, or completely destroyed Azeroth and we go somewhere else.

Won't happen but hey, I can dream.

I keep seeing people talking so many bad things about Cata, and I really don't see it as a bad expansion.
    Cataclysm peaked on player skill.
    Classes and specs were different from each other but still viable to anything you wanted to do.
    Most Balanced PvP in WoW I've ever seen(Except for Tyrannical Season, maybe).
    Item Progression still made sense and was relevant for both PvE and PvP.
    I just don't get the hate behind it.

With this being said, I'd like to see every expansion available. Every Expansion had something I loved(except for WoD, fuck WoD).

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Ion said it was never going to happen. So no need to speculate about it
    Like flying and legacy servers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radon View Post
    I keep seeing people talking so many bad things about Cata, and I really don't see it as a bad expansion.
    Classes and specs were different from each other but still viable to anything you wanted to do.

With this being said, I'd like to see every expansion available. Every Expansion had something I loved(except for WoD, fuck WoD).
    the split between 10 man and 25 man rating and deciding to reward them with equal loot well at the same time not balancing tr11 was the source of a lot of complaints and rightly so also the introduction to holy power for paladins caused uproar the dungeon difficulty will I thought it was okay was also apparently too difficult for dungeon finder and that's a lot of people complain and the final raid was actually a huge let down because you're supposed to fight deathwing and not just popped pimples on his back but that is just my opinion.

I like mists of pandaria I thought it was the perfect expansion it was the last time that we saw snapshotting and well the legendary items started with the whole questline thing it was still a good expansion in fact I think if you take some of the systems from legion like mythic plus and the whole normal heroic and mythic versions of raids and place them in mists of pandaria along with world scaling then add in emissary quests and world quests instead of the dailies that we had it would actually been able to go down as the best expansion in world of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    Let's say they actually go through with this approach, where will they stop (in your opinion)?
    If they ACTUALLY do that (which I don't think they will even if Classic is a massive success) then they should never stop. If we can have a TBC Classic then we can also have MoP Classic, which in my opinion is a way better expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radon View Post

It had less content than Wrath and the story was pretty bad, but yeah it wasn't that bad. The only thing that Cataclysm really totally messed up was the leveling.

objectively the best? based on what?
    Dungeons were nerfed to the point of being a joke.
    the baseline difficulty of most raids was a joke. it had arguably the worst raid ever made.
    Class Homogenization started in wrath.
    catch up mechanics hit in force in wrath.
    this patch invalidates last patch started in wrath.

literally the high points of wrath was 2 fold
    1) story
    2) Ulduar
    Final Fantasy 14 literally just copies Wrath of the Lich King's dungeon design. And has for what, almost 5 years now?

It's the only other subscription based MMO that actually works.

And in regards to this poll, I'd rather them come up with entirely new content that plays like Classic WoW. WoW has always talked about there being multiple timelines of the Warcraft universe, and I'd rather see Classic WoW be its own unique timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Ion said it was never going to happen. So no need to speculate about it
    Is that going to be the beginning of the new "Wall of no"?
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

prolly wrath, since thats when the numbers were at its peak, and ive never seen anyone calling for cata servers

objectively the best? based on what?
    Dungeons were nerfed to the point of being a joke.
    the baseline difficulty of most raids was a joke. it had arguably the worst raid ever made.
    Class Homogenization started in wrath.
    catch up mechanics hit in force in wrath.
    this patch invalidates last patch started in wrath.

literally the high points of wrath was 2 fold
    1) story
    2) Ulduar
    Agreed.

TBC was the start of the downfall for me. But it is still the best expansion.

Popularity with the franchise is why WotLK had so many subs. Meaning it was riding the coat tails of Vanilla and TBC. WotLK was also the start of the sub decline. Not Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Up to Wrath I say. Though I'm only interested in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 literally just copies Wrath of the Lich King's dungeon design. And has for what, almost 5 years now?

It's the only other subscription based MMO that actually works.

And in regards to this poll, I'd rather them come up with entirely new content that plays like Classic WoW. WoW has always talked about there being multiple timelines of the Warcraft universe, and I'd rather see Classic WoW be its own unique timeline.
    Yes.

Anyone remember alternative world in the original Zelda game? WoW could literally do that. It could go forward from Vanilla without putting in all the bad things, simply for the sake of convenients, into the game. They could start off with all the good things too... like WQ. They could leave the level cap at 60 forever since it's sole purpose is to reduce player power in order to manage power creep. There are better ways to do this. Like making gear/items give a % of your base stat instead of adding flat numbers to your base stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    again it was just asked specifically about tbc/wotlk.. they never specifically said that its gonna be just tbc and wrath and nothing else

i dont think that world revamp has anything to do with it, cuz the game was still vastly different in cata/mop compared to BFA
    It makes more sense to stop at Wrath. The huge zone revamp that came with Cata. The overall dislike (I loved Cata) of Cata, especially endgame, just doesn't really make much sense to me. But if there is money to be made Blizz will do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Agreed.

TBC was the start of the downfall for me. But it is still the best expansion.

Popularity with the franchise is why WotLK had so many subs. Meaning it was riding the coat tails of Vanilla and TBC. WotLK was also the start of the sub decline. Not Cata.
    sorry but you need to go back to school and ask your math teacher to explain how simple addition and subtraction works again because i don't think you understand how it works properly, the first time WoW saw ANY decline in sub numbers was during cataclysm, even with the content drought and year long farm of ICC and RS the numbers still went up, peaking at just over 12 million active subs.

as to your dumbass statement of wrath only being popular because classic wow and TBC were popular are laughable at best, wrath was popular because the greater majority of player up to that point had history of warcraft 3 and fell in love with that story which was played out epically in wrath, it had nothing to do with the nonesense that you're trying to purport.

and to the guy you quoted and his 'facts', they are his opinions plain and simple nothing more, let me tell you why they are wrong:

dungeons were easy as fuck in TBC once you out geared them, same as in wrath just amplified in wrath due to the speed of getting gear compared to TBC, the actual difficulty of the dungeons were the same at release if not harder in wrath due to the new game systems being brought into the expansion.

they messed up naxx because they literally copy/pasted it from the old classic version minus alexandros mograine, they had no clue how to tune it for what was then current levels of damage/health etc so went with a lower estimate in case it was too hard and overshot it, a mistake made that was rectified in later tiers with much better tuning overall and as far as class homogenisation was concerned it was a great thing, no longer needing to spreadsheet out which class went in which group because of mandatory raid buffs only working on a per group basis was a great QoL update for raiders and raid leaders alike.

catch up mechanics were added in TBC to the point you could buy a full set of raid level gear from badges when zul'aman came out, along with the smaller raids giving you some powerful items as a stop gap until you could get 'proper' gear from the 'real' raids, this had nothing to do with wrath, and as said only reason ppl harp on about this is because of how widespread the vendor system was.

and i laughed at his 2), less than 300 guilds in the world cleared ulduar while it was current so they have no room to talk, i personally only cleared all hardmodes on 10 man and up to 1 light + algalon on 25 man at the time coming back after TOGC to clear alone in the dark, people singing the praises of ulduar (and rightfully so overall) are the ones that did it as a pug group or boost groups when it was vastly out geared tiers later and could be steamrolled through easily.

WotLK was the last expansion where the old world was still around, so it wouldn't make much sense to continue if your going to destroy the old world yet again. Also the game changed the most in Cata where questing has been made significally more linear, easy and requires much less traveling (all the hubs are made smaller aswell). Raids and dungeons were becoming more of an e-sport, they started to make professions matter a lot less, you were able to fly everywhere, classes were losing their RPG elements, and worst of all they added LFR into the game.

Also having Arthas as the final boss is the perfect way to end old WoW.

Wrath. The original trilogy and Arthas arc is the best place to end it. Cata’s old world revamp and the fact that Dragon Soul was a soul crushing slog culminating in one of the worst fights I think they’ve ever done(Spine), i wouldn’t want them going further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Vanilla to Wrath with different TBC and Wrath servers; your character will get the option to migrate to a TBC or Wrath server when those are released but you can just stay put in Classic. At least that's how I'd do it. It could force them to merge servers later on though which I assume they really will not want to do.
    the tech exists now where you can have people with 'classic' only interacting with people who have lets say 'TBC' upgrade enabled, so there's no reason to segregate the playerbase anymore but that said they would need to make sure you couldn't cheese things and get a 'classic' locked character to other areas they shouldn't be in etc.

If it's based on the community feedback then WOTLK. There's no point in them redoing anything beyond that when end of WOTLK is when everything started going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If it's based on the community feedback then WOTLK. There's no point in them redoing anything beyond that when end of WOTLK is when everything started going downhill.

I think that reliving these experiences (from Vanilla-Wotlk) will kind of create a demand of people maybe interested in future expansions as well, but I could be wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    It will go exactly like this.

Current day: "Omg.. bfa sucks! i want vanilla wow!"

Classic: "Omg.. new classic-server sucks! i want TBC-wow!"

TBC: "Omg... TBC-server sucks! i want wotlk-wow!"

Yeah... have enough nostalgia-people and they will push because as soon as they realize classic wasnt what they expected they will start crying about something else.
    not at all even remotely correct - the only group of people who will realize that Classic "isn't what they expected" will be the ones who didn't play Vanilla WoW, those of us who DID will know exactly whats coming, and want, and will play it.