Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And you also seem oblivious that Blizzard recently spoke out in the possibility of future content for classic.

Whatever you think the purpose of classic is, you seem to be off the mark.
    Yeah, well, as far as I can tell they're likely talking about TBC and Wrath classic servers.

I'm still waiting for the link to the interview where they're asked about adding exclusive new content to Classic WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The only realistic assumption is that there won't be any new content in classic, ever.
    That's a realistic assumption but in the best of all possible worlds I can see new side stories, additional level 60 zones, dungeons, quests and possibly a raid or two released over time as DLC. Smaller than what we think of as an expansion but better than letting Classic rot in its museum case forever.

The "purist" types (no offense intended) can maintain their more pure version of the game by not buying into that and staying with the original game. Others might well pay a little extra for something additional. The game will have to be very, very successful for that to happen and it won't happen for some time.

I'll grant though that if you want to generate cyclical interest in Classic to encourage people to return once in a while that would be a way to do it.

TBC and Wrath servers are the more obvious thing to do but I wouldn't entirely discount the other idea if the game did well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm still waiting for the link to the interview where they're asked about adding exclusive new content to Classic WoW.
    That one is easy to predict: "We don't have any plans to do anything like this at this time but if there's enough demand it's not off the table."
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-19 at 07:01 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah let's never add new content to Classic because REEEE CLASSIC IS CLASSIC REEEEE and then five years later it can just be a dead fucking product with very little players and no activity because surprise surprise, you can't just keep a game running forever with no new stuff to do in it how fucking dumb are you?

Post Naxx vanilla style raids? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT CLASSIC
    Classic is not supposed to be a "reboot" of WoW. Simple as that.

Yeah, well, as far as I can tell they're likely talking about TBC and Wrath classic servers.

No, its you being ignorant of the context of the reply.

The question was posed whether there would be NEW post Naxxramas content. TBC is not new, and the answer is clearly in regards to there being an open possibility based on fan desire.

You cant just wave this away as TBC when the reply was directed at people discussing potential for new 60 content.

That has nothing to do with "making brand new content to Classic". Classic was not designed to take the story (and content) in WoW into another direction.
    Wrong. If it is a snapshot with no intention of adding content, then they would say so. They would say no new content rather than saying 'we keep the possibility open depending on fan reaction and desire'. They have used a 'no changes' stance to answer a lot of suggestions, but this is one of the few where they openly say there is a possibility. That is the importance of this news.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-19 at 07:06 PM.

I am hopeing for more Content designed in tune with Vanilla design concepts and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not supposed to be. But if it ends up being popular enough there's no law that says they can't change their mind and make it one. I think it's very unlikely but certainly not impossible. It's not a decision that will need to be made any time soon.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure this has been mentioned yet, but something very similar has been done with RuneScape. They released a version of their game as it was in 2007, but over time added more content, but not the same content that was added to the original game. It kept the old school feel, while still providing new content. Blizzard could always do something similar. New content, but keep the vanilla mechanics. Expand the game, not revolutionize it with every expansion. Basically, expand Retail forward, expand Classic outward.

I would welcome new content if the gameplay aspects stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No, its you being ignorant of the context of the reply.
    I'm still waiting for said "context", i.e. a link to the actual interview, not a journalist's own words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, it's not supposed to be. But if it ends up being popular enough there's no law that says they can't change their mind and make it one. I think it's very unlikely but certainly not impossible. It's not a decision that will need to be made any time soon.
    If that's the case they'll have to increase the team working on Classic to include storywriters and quest developers, etc, which would mean one of three things: either they'll increase the monthly fee; or they'll split the two games into each having its own monthly fee; or we'll start seeing more than just cosmetic items in the cash shop. Or worse: all three of those.

And the only one I'm comfortable with is the second option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not? It wont destroy classic idea, it will just expand what they scrapped. Well, I really wanted to see Azhara Crater, it was so epic map. There are so many things that could be added, like Hyjal etc etc. Dunno, I guess TBC and another Xpacs what made some ideas scrap into nothingness... Because some ideas wont fit in "we need more money" situation.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case they'll have to increase the team working on Classic to include storywriters and quest developers, etc, which would mean one of three things: either they'll increase the monthly fee; or they'll split the two games into each having its own monthly fee; or we'll start seeing more than just cosmetic items in the cash shop. Or worse: all three of those.

And the only one I'm comfortable with is the second option.
    If there enough players staying with Classic to cover its costs plus some profit none of those three things have to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If there enough players staying with Classic to cover its costs plus some profit none of those three things have to happen.
    Except both Classic and modern WoW are tied to the same monthly fee. If one team has to increase its size, then it keeping it all in the same monthly fee, without increasing its price, and not adding MORE stuff to the cash shop slowly becomes more unfeasible.

"Good will" and "love letters" only go so far. Blizzard is a company, and so they need profits.

Old School Runescape is not supposed to be a "reboot" of Runescape. Simple as that.

[citation needed]

You're not getting additional 60 content.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Old School Runescape is not supposed to be a "reboot" of Runescape. Simple as that.

[citation needed]
    Yes, please. Do show me the citation about Old School Runescape not being supposed to be a reboot. Thanks for asking the question for me. I only wish you also answered it.

Yes, please. Do show me the citation about Old School Runescape not being supposed to be a reboot. Thanks for asking the question for me. I only wish you also answered it.
    What the fuck are you even trying to argue? Do you even know?

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions

In the original World of Warcraft, the level 60 Naxxramas raid was essentially the last major content update for the game before The Burning Crusade arrived. Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it's a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream.

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans," Dawson said. "If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."
    There's definitely no plans for it at the moment, but Dawson (the Production Director) at least says they'd be open to anything if there's demand. I doubt they're planning far enough ahead to even have discussed this internally yet, which probably caused the conflicting answers.

I expect that they'll be watching player comments closely to decide what to do after Naxx. We've got Vanilla purists, those who want BC and Wrath, and those who want something entirely new in the old style... it's hard to say now which of these possibilities will end up the most demanded by the players.

I hope for new raids after Naxx but this will come with issues such as one shooting other players in PVP. Depends on what people want, lots of ppl want TBC so they way go that way too. Maybe they will put in Classic only servers and TBC servers we will know in 12 to 18 months.

As much as I like some of the ideas presented here and in other discussions, I think I'd prefer they just reintroduced TBC rather than creating new level 60 content.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    What I'd like to see is the start of basically an alternate universe. WoW 2.0.

Whole new expansions but with the vanilla game design/ philosophy.
    This is what I'd like to see. It probably won't happen with the classic servers, but they could redesign retail to be more like classic.