Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Except that they did lol, there were even GDKP pub runs.
    But it was not close to as epidemic as it is nowadays.

Today, it seems to me sellruns are the standard.

Playing together was replaced by market economy.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    The community changed massively since classic.

Today i expect people to sell dungeonruns as like Onyxia prequest runs.

For only 500g.

In the old days people did not sell runs.
    want rank 14?
    get it for only 400€ !

"playing together was replaced by playing together and trading!"

Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    For years I have read people (who probably pretend to have played vanilla) on this forum saying vanilla was bad and people think it was great because of nostalgia. Now classic beta is open we can finally have a fair comparison and it's funny to see how the nay sayers admit they were wrong after playing beta.

So just to be clear - this dude is a complete random that nobody has ever heard of, and you think him (probably you, lets be honest) chasing subs and publicity means every single other person out there who doubted the need for classic, and tried to explain to ppl that no, it will not have 100m subs (a legitimate claim by a member of this forum), no it will not break records, and no, it will not 'take over' from retail in the long run - you are saying all of them suddenly changed their minds and admitted they are wrong? just because you made some "i was wrong" youtube video?

lets be honest - the game is not out yet, its only beta. The forum is full of ppl complaining about shit that is actually correct - PS and nostalgia has tainted ppls expectations so much, Blizzard is having to do large blue posts explaining that things are actually 'working as intended' (for the most part ofc). For the big fans of classic who are putting all their weight behind it, i do have some concerns when i see coments like "bro its only beta, they will fix it" when talking about A)things that dont need 'fixing', as they are working as intended, or B)massive alterations that would never be made during a beta cycle, especially with a fixed release date.

Any beta that happens after the announcement of a release date is a demo, not a beta - no meaningful changes will be made - the odd bug here and there, but thats it.

tl;dr - its one random on youtube who no one has ever heard of, and there are dozens of videos saying the opposite - ppl who wanted classic so badly, but after playing the beta dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    want rank 14?
    get it for only 400€ !
    Deals like that were illegal those days. Nowadays it is is legal thanks to tokens.

Will tokens be available in classic reboot?

Or will we see a return of gold farmers on classic realms?

There is going to be people who think they like Classic and will enjoy playing it once its out.
    There is going to be people who think they like Classic and however they will not enjoy it once they actually play it.
    There is going to be people who dislike Classic now and will continue disliking it after giving it a shot.
    There is going to be people who dislike Classic now and will actually find out they enjoy the experience.

There is nothing wrong with these 4 groups of players.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Beta just started. Nostalgia is still very strong. Wait a few months to see what players are saying after nostalgia starts to wear off before crowing.
    I can't speak for other players but a few months after launch ill be praising classic for its game pacing, and wondering when BG's come out so i can grind my way up the ladder in alterac valley

Don't get me wrong nostalgia is going to be a factor for many who play classic, but vanilla WoW's inbuilt mechanics are so solid that its going to keep people playing for quite a while. The real question for most people is how can blizzard take the lessons learned from classic and translate that into the current game? Heck we might see lvl 60 cap for the next expansion, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "playing together was replaced by playing together and trading!"
    Tokens made the trade version epidemic.

At the end, tokens deal a lot of damage to gemeplay by turning an illegal activity like boost sale runs into legal activities.

That's beside the point. You said it didn't happen, yet it did

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    That's beside the point. You said it didn't happen, yet it did
    It happened that rarely it did not matter.

Today, it is legal, publically advertised, and epidemic.

Deals like that were illegal those days. Nowadays it is is legal thanks to tokens.

cant wait for the dead orcs forming an URL for a chinese gold seller site infront of the og. AH.

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    cant wait for the dead orcs forming an URL for a chinese gold seller site infront of the og. AH.
    I cannot believe blizzard will skip the opportunity to sell gold tokens classic edition.

That, and zhevra hoof quest item packages.

Illegal? Nope. Prohibited by ToS which no one reads/cares about? Yes, absolutely. Also 400eur for rank 14? GL finding such deal <3. Pserver handmade 1-60 lvling usually costs no less than 300$, rank 14 will cost insanely a LOT more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Illegal? Nope. Prohibited by ToS which no one reads/cares about? Yes, absolutely. Also 400eur for rank 14? GL finding such deal <3. Pserver handmade 1-60 lvling usually costs no less than 300$, rank 14 will insanely a LOT more than that.
    I am sure the gold farmers will be happy to send all their bots gold farming.

Well, that is until blizzard adds "Token Classic edition. Only $29,99 for 1000g".

Everyone wants that epic mount at level 60, right?

Tokens made the trade version epidemic.

At the end, tokens deal a lot of damage to gemeplay by turning an illegal activity like boost sale runs into legal activities.
    "The trade version is bad because I buy gold from other players via blizzard proxy instead of buying it from Chinese bots and hackers like in Vanilla!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I can't speak for other players but a few months after launch ill be praising classic for its game pacing, and wondering when BG's come out so i can grind my way up the ladder in alterac valley

Don't get me wrong nostalgia is going to be a factor for many who play classic, but vanilla WoW's inbuilt mechanics are so solid that its going to keep people playing for quite a while. The real question for most people is how can blizzard take the lessons learned from classic and translate that into the current game? Heck we might see lvl 60 cap for the next expansion, who knows.
    OYu have no way of knowing if that will be true or not. For all you know, people level their toons to 60 then realize there is nothing to do and quit. Classic's inbuilt mechanics guarantee nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "The trade version is bad because I buy gold from other players via blizzard proxy instead of buying it from Chinese bots and hackers like in Vanilla!"
    No, it is bad because it makes illegal activities legal, and turns them epidemic. As like boost sale runs.

Trade chat is full of those. In the old days, you could report someone selling a boost run for real money.

Today, blizzard proxies the real money through tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously hes sayin that now, after he seen how many viewers classic brings in right now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, it is bad because it makes illegal activities legal, and turns them epidemic. As like boost sale runs.
    Helping other people is illegal?

In all fairness we haven't exactly seen gold sellers go away on retail anyway. Blizzard should have kept fighting the idea of paying real money for an in game advantage instead of grabbing a piece of the pie.