Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    My not-quite brother in law was just asking me if I was going to sign up for Vanilla and relive the good old days, and my immediate reaction was "are you nuts? I already went through this shit once."

And now I feel pretty good about that response.
    I've been saying this every time somebody cried about missing Vanilla and wanting a Classic WoW.

Been there, done that and got the fucking tee shirt. I feel like the only people who wanted this have no idea how shitty Vanilla was.

Pretty sure a lot of the people complaining are the streamers who were invited for "exposure" and didn't actually play classic. I remember most of these things (not the "sit" bug, I never used that). All working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    People really thought this was a bug?

BWAHAHAHAHA!
    If quest tracking is really that important to people who can't bother to tab out to wowhead when they can't find something because they didn't read the quest text, they can always just use a quest tracking addon. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JepJepa View Post
    so questing addons, proper threat meters , dps meters and millions of QoL addons are coming up unless blizz blocks them like they have blocked some addons in the past not to mention classic elvui.
    Well, a lot of this depends on the information the game provides. Quest location information is not present, like its in modern WoW. Threat information is not present, this was one of the things intentionally removed.

Making a "manual" threat meter would however be much easier for classic then it was in vanilla, because we still do have the modern combat log, which has a lot more detailed information then the vanilla combat log had.

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    "Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap."

XD, people reporting this as a bug, XD
    Gamebreaker for me
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Gamebreaker for me
    Doncha worry, I'm sure Thottbot has got you covered!

Seriously though if that website becomes a thing again that will be useful for Classic, I'm absolutely going to use it as long as it's not in a broken state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    You remind me of a person that would order a Filet Mignon extra well done and ask for a side of ketchup to wash it down with a Natty Lite.

But hey, if you want to throw your money away with terrible taste you go for it
    Though a little snarky you and I actually agree because my point is simply this...Classic, warts and all, appeals to certain people and retail WoW appeals to others. Those that joined the game in Wrath or later probably won't like Classic for the very reasons I do like it and instead of complaining about Classic should continue to play BFA and be happy my subscription fee is helping to pay for future expansions of the game they prefer.

The difference between the 2 versions of the game is that Retail is all about the destination (and I'm being nice there) and Classic is all about the Journey.

LFR, LFD, fast respawn rates, neutered mini world bosses, Azerite traits (and associated systems in prior expansions), sharding, Island expeditions etc etc all make me want to gag.

I'm quite content to have to wait till level 40 to get a mount (if I was able to save up enough gold), to have professions that are relevant to my game play and to have to gather the resources for Pots etc needed to raid, do attunements and run them 100's of times to get new guildees eligible for Raids, wait for mobs to respawn and make friends with others doing the same, grouping up with people to kill those mini world bosses, actually having to read quest text to figure where to go and what to do, running to the summoning stone and taking a break on a 15 minute flight path etc...if you're not into those things Classic isn't for you and you (read anyone) shouldn't play it.

It's just that simple. Like remastered Atari games I know what I'm getting with Classic and will play it warts and all. If it doesn't appeal to you don't play it and please don't try to change it.

Funny, blizzard invited all the streamers who never played classic suddenly getting flooded with reports that aren't bugs, this is something of their own making

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Doncha worry, I'm sure Thottbot has got you covered!

Seriously though if that website becomes a thing again that will be useful for Classic, I'm absolutely going to use it as long as it's not in a broken state.

Considering Thottbot and wowhead merged and are now one entity, I highly doubt they will do it. If anything, they might put a skin on wowhead for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Considering Thottbot and wowhead merged and are now one entity, I highly doubt they will do it. If anything, they might put a skin on wowhead for the lols.
    They already did

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    They already did
    So it does, thanks for telling! Problem is that you apparently need to have an account for it but I guess it'll be worth it just for the chuckles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already a rude awakening for people and it's only the beta

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Given Blizzard's history of not changing / fixing a lot of stuff while it's in the beta phase before shipping it out, I don't blame people entirely. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    One of the best things I’ve seen in a long time. All the streamers and people clamoring for Classic and how fondly they remember it and how they know exactly how WoW used to be now finding out all of their memories aren’t too accurate.
    Still, I’m sure Classic will be big at launch which will fall off within a month or two and then have a pretty dedicated following. I doubt it will overtake retail, but I still think it will have a nice size population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Given Blizzard's history of not changing / fixing a lot of stuff while it's in the beta phase before shipping it out, I don't blame people entirely. :<
    But this stuff isn't bugs, it's the *features* they asked for, unless they're the people who asked for vanilla but really wanted it radically altered to the point where is was live except without the features they disliked.

Either the people making these reports are people who haven't played vanilla and didn't know what to expect, or they're players who forgot how much vanilla could be a real pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMage66652 View Post
    I've been saying this every time somebody cried about missing Vanilla and wanting a Classic WoW.

Been there, done that and got the fucking tee shirt. I feel like the only people who wanted this have no idea how shitty Vanilla was.
    Let them find out and determine that on their own. Is that so hard? If they do, or don't, has no effect on you at all.

Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate.

Im sorry but didnt doing the /sit to build up reckoning stacks work back in vanilla? - as far as i can remember thats what i used to do on my paladin... was that changed in the version were getting in classic or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardrake View Post
    Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate.

Im sorry but didnt doing the /sit to build up reckoning stacks work back in vanilla? - as far as i can remember thats what i used to do on my paladin... was that changed in the version were getting in classic or what?
    Think reckoning bomb was hotfixed after the Kazzak solo kill, wasn't undone until wrath? That glitch worked early Vanilla, but definitely didn't during Naxx.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    It did work for some time, but was fixed before 1.12
    That had nothing to do with /sit. That video was obtained by dueling a rogue, NOT /sit. What was nerfed after that video was infinite reck stacking. /sit was removed much later.

Edit, damnit, this was meant to be a reply to the guy who posted the one-shot Kazzak video, claiming that's why /sit was changed. It wasn't. Infinite stacking was hotfixed after that (around 1.4 - 1.6 iirc.) The /sit change didn't come until 1.12.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2019-05-19 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cretos87 View Post
    Funny, blizzard invited all the streamers who never played classic suddenly getting flooded with reports that aren't bugs, this is something of their own making
    Esfand made a video about the /sit thing and kept referring to private servers but he is in for a reality check because they guessed on quite a few things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Esfand made a video about the /sit thing and kept referring to private servers but he is in for a reality check because they guessed on quite a few things.
    He actually made a video to try use the "batch system" to bypass it somewhat. It was... a bit successful...?