Poll: Beta?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

I don't have a problem with classic doing well - I hope it does, but when you go on the offense non-stop, and say it's going to defeat the literal monetization giant that is WoW, give me a fucking break. BFA could have just as many people playing as classic and it'd make SO much more profit, so much more easily.
    Why does it bother you so much for someone else to believe Classic can outshine BfA?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested, but just a little. I'd go in to see the early stuff and report bugs.

I won't let myself advance anything past lvl 13ish (the starting zone) as want a clean experiance when it launches. I'd also like to prevent a potential burnout that I got from 2 months in BFA beta.

No, its obvious classic hype will die very quick, people have rost tinted nostalgia googles, when we played vanilla most of us were kids, playing our first mmo and the guides/resources online was extremely limited, already now in beta everyone knows everything, everything is completely figured out already and all streamers using quest levling guides etc, most of them will reach level 60 week one in release and clear MC the second week when you get 40 hardcore people together

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    I'm interested, but just a little. I'd go in to see the early stuff and report bugs.
    Then you have the wrong mentality because even if they are bugs they are working as intended and as they did in vanilla and won't be fixed.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=291...zonv8Z6I1iLjeA

so many new people come in to the classic and report all the bugs, one of the most reported bugs is literally
    "Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap."
    which just shows a lot of the beta players either didn't play vanilla at all or don't remember most of it because nostalgia

or
    Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth.
    reading all the most reported bugs from people is just pure gold actually
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-05-18 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    so many new people come in to the classic and report all the bugs, one of the most reported bugs is literally which just shows a lot of the beta players either didn't play vanilla
    I didn't play vanilla myself. Didn't try PSers either. Tho I consider myself up to date with both news and "what it was like videos".

Also been in a beta before, and I fully intend to read up on bugs so far / not a bug list if I get in.

Doesn't guarantee I still won't mistakenly report something, but I'll try my best at least.

Nah, it's a waste of time. The 10h time investment of a new expansion is one thing, actually investing days worth of time for something that will get deleted anyway is something I can no longer justify.

First dungeon and optimizing lvl 1-12 to try and get ahead of the pack.

I would be very happy to participate in the beta for classic, however I don't expect to get in and that's not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    He literally said in what you quoted that he hopes classic does well??

If you have to twist the words of somebody in order to get an argument all you are doing is admitting you didn't have one to begin with.
    I did not twist his words... I asked him why he was so torqed that I am of the mind that Classic can do better than current WoW... not well.. BETTER.

I'm super exited for beta.