Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    OSRS DID start out as a niche market, though. As for Classic (Vanilla version) you're currently at a stage where a lot of the QoL stuff that made the game smooth is missing as well as viewing content as it is. I'm not saying classic can't be successful but it is still a museum.
    Didn't OSRS get shut down recently?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    There’s also gamers like me that counter them. I have waited for wow classic since 06 but I don’t support piracy of any kind and would rather never game than game on pirate servers

I’ve waited for wow classic and happy to support it; but I’ve avoided the private servers for a reason as do many others
    Or for someone like me, if there isn't a better alternative I will pirate. But I still never wanted to play on private servers because 1) they are not quite the same experience, due to lack of certain scripting or just overall bugginess, and 2) there's never certainty that you will keep anything, it could all disappear like Nostalrius.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The number of people showing up and staying is a way of showing hype. It's the only way you can measure it right now.

How else do you measure it? How can you claim "The hype for classic is off the scales"? Where's the proof if not for the number of viewers?

They haven't even gotten to the level cap yet, and the numbers are decreasing. So, in your mind, we'll start seeing millions more people watching when endgame content comes out? Enough with your bullshit speculations. This is getting pretty damn close to insanity on your part. You just don't know.

Twitch numbers are literally the ONLY indication we have right now to know how hyped people are. That's why you should care. There are many videos, from people like you, claiming "it has huge numbers on twitch, that proves there's an interest!!!"
    You contradict everything you say.

You act like its got no reaction yet is at 162k viewers on Twitch, it's almost midnight on a Sunday in Europe, if Twitch is the scale you want to use to measure hype then we can do that and prove yourself wrong?

The numbers are obviously going to decrease? most of the main streamers are at the current level cap of 30 there's little else they can do at this point until the cap is raised, I mean if this was the race to clear MC with multiple guilds going for raggy are you saying the numbers wouldn't be higher than 160k?

Lets just use your hype scale, that way it proves myself right and yourself wrong.

So it's currently sitting at #2 on Twitch so under your own hype scale it's the second biggest hyped game on the planet. Yeah ill take that. Good night sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    WoW Classic appeals to a demographic that hasn't had a great alternative in a long time. BFA and Classic can barely be compared. Same roots, vastly different design philosophies. BFA wants you to get to the latest raid within 7 days of creating a character, in WoW classic you'll be somewhere between level 15 and 40 in that time, depending on how much time you're willing to spend leveling.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if WoW Classic ends up having more players on average playing at peak times. BFA is made for burst gameplay, drop-in-and-win. Classic will have you spending 4+ hours in a single leveling-zone to gain 2 levels.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    You contradict everything you say.
    Mate, don't project.

You act like its got no reaction yet is at 162k viewers on Twitch, it's almost midnight on a Sunday in Europe, if Twitch is the scale you want to use to measure hype then we can do that and prove yourself wrong?
    Are you going to show me another metric? How else are you going to measure hype? I'm waiting. You claimed something now prove it.

The numbers are obviously going to decrease? most of the main streamers are at the current level cap of 30 there's little else they can do at this point until the cap is raised, I mean if this was the race to clear MC with multiple guilds going for raggy are you saying the numbers wouldn't be higher than 160k?
    They just got to cap, and now they're PvPing. It didn't start decreasing now. It has been decreasing.

Lets just use your hype scale, that way it proves myself right and yourself wrong.

So it's currently sitting at #2 on Twitch so under your own hype scale it's the second biggest hyped game on the planet. Yeah ill take that. Good night sir.
    It used to be 200,000+ viewers. It's decreased within three days. What does decreased mean for hype?

It's a new game. I never said it wouldn't get hype.

"Your scale for hype" it's the only scale we have. Go take your meds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all. Lots of people will give classic a go, but will come back to retail (or quit altogether).
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I don't think so at all, i think retail might be the niche market
    Right here. There are entire classes that are useless with no hope of ever getting fixed so if you do not like Warrior, Rogue, or Mage then you will not enjoy the end game. Putting in twice the work for half the reward as someone who rolled an FOTM class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    My one hope is that WoW Classic becomes popular enough to start properly fixing BFA/future expansions path. Stop with the instant gratification design and go back to what used to keep players so immersed in MMORPGs and willing to commit. BFA can throw endless high-level items at me yet none of it matters because unless you want to push M+ or raid on a schedule, literally all other content in the game is a pushover and a joke to anyone able to press 1-2-3 over and over. Playing on a private realm, it's amazing how much more social you get because other players are beneficial and not a hindrance. Classic is all about the whole is is greater than the sum of it's parts. As a warrior you love finding a paladin doing the same quests. Maybe you'll get a third and suddenly that orange level elite quest no one can solo becomes an option.

None of that happens in 'modern WoW' because it's literally designed as a theme park and you are the godmode hero, and you're supposed to get to the latest raid as soon as possible dammit!

I was skeptical to WoW Classic until I realized retail/live was no longer even trying to be the same game it once was, and had abandoned me as a target demographic. I don't want Diablo 3, I fell in love with Diablo 2, and it's the same thing here.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

How do you know about information that hasn't been giving out to the public for a long time?
    thats what classic fanbois use as statistics, just some other fanboi told them so.

but this is 14 pages of uselessness, we won't get retail sub numbers we won't get classic sub numbers it's just both sides flinging poop over the walls at each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I was skeptical to WoW Classic until I realized retail/live was no longer even trying to be the same game it once was, and had abandoned me as a target demographic. I don't want Diablo 3, I fell in love with Diablo 2, and it's the same thing here.
    Amen with this, Diablo 3 is a success based off of Diablo 1&2 and the money blizzard made from that, to market D3 and sell it on every console under the Diablo name, but it's fucking hollow and dull and they learned nothing from D2 LoD xpac, D3 basically released broken and shitty then got fixed 50 times and now the best legendaries drop in a pile of 20 from 1 greater rift, wtf is that instant gratification crap.

Blizzard themselves are lost, WoW it's omg tier sets are bad we can't balance them, Diablo 3 omg your class is unplayable without your 6 set bunch of clowns don't know wtf to do.

Mate, don't project.

Are you going to show me another metric? How else are you going to measure hype? I'm waiting. You claimed something now prove it.

They just got to cap, and now they're PvPing. It didn't start decreasing now. It has been decreasing.

It used to be 200,000+ viewers. It's decreased within three days. What does decreased mean for hype?

It's a new game. I never said it wouldn't get hype.

"Your scale for hype" it's the only scale we have. Go take your meds.
    It used to be 200k viewers at the moment it's 160k past midnight on a Sunday for us in Europe....hardly fucking dead is it.

We are using your scale for hype which strangely proves yourself wrong but fine.

Twitch viewer numbers = hype
    Currently#2 on Twitch viewer count = second most hyped game on the planet
    Fortnite number 1 by the way, all the 6 year old kids making it the most hyped must play game in existence, fuck WoW lets all play Fortnite it must be the best its at #1!

Maths.

I wont be replying to you anymore its like talking to a plant pot.
    Last edited by Castia; 2019-05-19 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Didn't OSRS get shut down recently?
    Misquote?

If not, dunno, last I knew OSRS is still running.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    It used to be 200k viewers at the moment it's 160k past midnight on a Sunday for us in Europe....hardly fucking dead is it.
    Never said it was dead. You sure do have a hard time understand things, huh?

We are using your scale for hype which strangely proves yourself wrong but fine.
    Stop saying my scale. It's not my scale. It's the only scale. And it shows how many people are interested. AKA hyped.

Twitch viewer numbers = hype
    Currently#2 on Twitch viewer count = second most hyped game on the planet
    Fortnite number 1 by the way, all the 6 year old kids making it the most hyped must play game in existence, fuck WoW lets all play Fortnite it must be the best its at #1!

Maths.
    I never said it wasn't hyped. Are you trolling right now? This is insane. I said it's LOSING it's hype. Stop strawmanning and moving goal posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    No but I hope the best aspects of Classic inform their future decisions.

Such as pacing and the relevancy of gear in every single step you make.

- - - Updated - - -

Retail doesn't have 5 million active subs. It doesn't have even 1 million active subs.
    Do you have any proof of that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Surely classic will over take retail. It has these features to top bfa like worse quest design, worse class design, worse raid design, worse endgame loop and worse class balance
    I found this very funny. Because it is extremely true.

Now to the OP, it might because people might be willing to spend some money to have a trip down memory lane. I raid with mostly people who played vanilla and we are extremely cold towards it. But it would be folly to call that a serious sample.

We should just wait and see. I will say that there's no way it will have more than retail a year after launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    WoD was the lowest point of WoW not BfA tbh.
    shhhh logic does not exist here.

people rather have literally 0 content and garrisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Overtake, no. COMPLETELY DESTROY IT AND FORCE BLIZZARD TO REMAKE ALL ORIGINAL VERSIONS OF ITS GAMES HELL YEAH! Say hello to Warcraft Classic, Diablo Classic, Starcraft Classic! Sequels are for losers!

People need to stop looking at this like its a competition.

Its like movies. You watch what you like. MCU might make more money, but it doesn't exclude you from enjoying Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Misquote?

If not, dunno, last I knew OSRS is still running.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/runescape-classic-is-closing/
    Oh, I was thinking of official classic RuneScape.

Nope, the Blizzcon Classic servers were barren by day two of the the weekend. Mind you, this was the first time we ever could stream a demo through the launcher too. I have no doubt it'll be super popular to start but that will taper off. Kinda the same thing that happened with Apex. Started out really strong and the player-base went and tapered off to it's core player base rather quickly.

Seems unlikely to.

As many others have pointed out, it's going to lack end game content.

Also (and this is just my own opinion), the way the fans demanded it be 'just like the old days' is kind of... odd. A lot of game companies tend to re-release old hits but they're almost always remastered. Better graphics, bugs fixed etc. So a lot of the visual appeal of the modern game is just... gone. And on top of it there's a lot of dead zones, areas they didn't have time to flesh out before launch with either mobs or quests. I could be wrong but I suspect this will limit things more than fans assume. If you don't CARE about graphics? Then you're not bothered. If you do? Then going back 15 years is going to be sort of painful. (and I'd be shocked if there weren't things like new model swaps happening in the mod scene).

Ultimately I suspect classic is a good thing - but less for it existing and more for it reminding players and devs of certain older mechanics (talent tree for one).