Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    bobby-b-bot on r/freefolk is a fucking national treasure. I'm not convinced that bot isn't sentient.
    Almost as good as Bobby B himself.

bobby-b-bot on r/freefolk is a fucking national treasure. I'm not convinced that bot isn't sentient.
    I don't frequest reddit that much, what is this bot doing that is so noteworthy?

10+ Year Old Account
    What character?

Sitting in a wheelchair being still as furniture isn't a character. Honestly, I think the affects artists could sneek Bran amongst random background scenery and no one would notice.
    Basically, under what notion would they choose him. He's really quiet and will do nothing? The characters nor the writers understand who he is, but he's not Bran.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2019-05-19 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Basically, under what notion would they choose him. He's really quiet and will do nothing?
    There's the great headcanon that Bran wargs into everyone one after the other and makes them vote for him.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't frequest reddit that much, what is this bot doing that is so noteworthy?
    Quotes Bobby B whenever anyone mentions his name.
    https://www.reddit.com/user/bobby-b-bot

The Reach is preparing for their new Lord, Ser Bronn.
    That makes no sense whatsoever, yeah. In what universe would a bunch of Reach Houses that have existed for thousands of years accept some upjumped sellsword who only cares about money as their Liege Lord? And in what universe does it even make sense to indulge this guy when he has no loyalty to anyone, no notable leadership skills and is, in the end, just some dude who is good with a sword?

But that's the Hollywood writing we have now. He's a named character, most viewers like him, so he gets something cool regardless of how nonsensical that thing is in-universe.

Fully prepared for huge disappointment.

Interesting bit of rumour that Kit Harington had to cancel an appearance at a charity event after being summoned to a meeting by HBO bosses. Wonder what that was about.

Cannot. Freaking. Wait. One sleep away.

I believe the leaks will be accurate enough, and I'll still like it. Maybe they'll do more explaining for it to make sense.

What a ride though.

A song of Jon and Dany will be heard tonight on all the planet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't know any that are excited or all that interested in this final episode. There just isn't a conceivable way to wrap up this mess in one episode that disappointing is a understatement.

Not finished would be more like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Interesting bit of rumour that Kit Harington had to cancel an appearance at a charity event after being summoned to a meeting by HBO bosses. Wonder what that was about.
    Maybe they're asking him if he'll redo season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's the thing about character development.

They're always pushing into actions that used to be "out of character". If they're not, they're not developing.

Daenerys has been building up to this for 7 seasons now.
    It wasn't well built up really is the problem. I would have no issue with it... if it made sense, perhaps she just started burning the town and they ran the bells and she forced them to submit to her rule that way. That still is mad queen like but also makes sense versus just losing her mind entirely.

She could have flown straight to red keep but nope... she decides to intentionally kill innocents, none of this made sense.

she locks up her two dragons for killing a single kid and then she herself kills an entire city?

If we had 10 episodes and 10 seasons they could have gotten her gently and properly with a proper descent into madness or just cruelty and sadism but pragmatically so.

Cersei was also out of character.

You mean to tell me the woman who refuses to go to her own trial and instead blow up a church and kill tons of people because she doesn't give a fuck is going to just watch Dany and her army and her dragon with all the scorpions pointing at her army and just say "I'm going to cut off Miss Sunday's head and let you go and come back with your dragons!"

That is entirely unlike Cersei... letting them go the first time made sense, she saw the white walkers and figured well they'll deal with it and attack with a weak army.

10+ Year Old Account
    In another bout of "Everyone ran out of fucks to give" there are multiple frames of Drogon burminating some thached roofed peasants where Dany is not CGed on him, only to reappear a few frames later in another shot in EP5.

Brought to you by "we left a cup of coffee on the fucking table". Because what better way to end the most anticipated show of our era on, "Eh, fuck it"

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever, yeah. In what universe would a bunch of Reach Houses that have existed for thousands of years accept some upjumped sellsword who only cares about money as their Liege Lord? And in what universe does it even make sense to indulge this guy when he has no loyalty to anyone, no notable leadership skills and is, in the end, just some dude who is good with a sword?

But that's the Hollywood writing we have now. He's a named character, most viewers like him, so he gets something cool regardless of how nonsensical that thing is in-universe.
    The leaks also suggest he'll be Master of Coins, which is.....fucking hilarious.

The leaks also suggest he'll be Master of Coins, which is.....fucking hilarious.
    Poachers turned gamekeepers and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

The writers will probably defend it by saying that is how a lot of people gained power throughout human history. While this may be somewhat true, he still has demonstrated zero ability to rally others around him in support of him, and no one in history gained power by being a rogue. He has no army or followers. In a realistic scenario he would be murdered or poisoned in his sleep and no one would care, because he's a lone wolf with no morals who would kill people for money.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Everyone hated them and plotted their downfall for years. Now the family is broke and all but 1 of the main branch are dead.
    *cough* And he's only a Lannister through his mother's line.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The writers will probably defend it by saying that is how a lot of people gained power throughout human history. While this may be somewhat true, he still has demonstrated zero ability to rally others around him in support of him, and no one in history gained power by being a rogue. He has no army or followers. In a realistic scenario he would be murdered or poisoned in his sleep and no one would care, because he's a lone wolf with no morals who would kill people for money.
    If he were a clan chieftain or mercenary captain with contacts and loyal followers, I might buy that even if it would be a stretch. Currently the only person in power who even knows him is Tyrion, whose last interaction with the man involved being threatened, held at crossbowpoint and punched in the face. Bronn has no leadership skills, no other contacts, no followers, no existing resources beyond his meager holdings as a Knight, and those who do know him also know he's a money-hungry arse who holds no loyalty. There is literally 0 reasons for anyone to tolerate this one guy being in charge of the largest, most powerful Lordship on the continent. What next, name Gilly as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms because she's a nice person?

I know the show plays very much fast and loose with feudal dynamics (exhibit A: Jon being named King in the North on a whim) but this is just on another level of idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    *cough* And he's only a Lannister through his mother's line.
    Although in many civilisations, the mother was decisive in determining lines of succession (because you knew who the mother was, you couldn't always prove who the father was).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Although in many civilisations, the mother was decisive in determining lines of succession (because you knew who the mother was, you couldn't always prove who the father was).
    For sure. There's a really interesting point to be made about the real succession of the King of England. It technically could belong to a dude from Australia, through a woman of that line.

Incidentally I wasn't saying Tyrion didn't have a pretty amazing parentage. His real father actually places him in an even more prominent lineage. The comment I was responding to was just making a comment how Tywin's actions during Robert's Rebellion set the stage for the collapse of his house. There's only one left, and that person is most likely not even his own (biological) son.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen that episode and read it in the books, but Dany helped that woman by ordering the rapes and murders to stop. I guess Dany expected that the woman would be grateful and help her. This was naive. The woman hated Dany and Drogo for what they did to her people.

Harsh, formative lesson for young Dany.
    Sure, but the witch in question had literally already been raped by a number of raiders. So, Im sure the witch really gave a shit about how kind the queen of the horde was.
    READ and be less Ignorant.