10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean if the Unsullied hear that Jon is just chilling in King's Landing, they'd probably just come back...
    They kind of gave up their land superiority tho. Greyjoys should make quick work of them if they decided to come back you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Can't believe the leaks were real.
    But they were confirmed two weeks ago

But yeah too much "Happy Ending" story lines.

Sansa could have at least said since Bran is now King the North will stay with the 7 Kingdoms. So even tho no more episodes, you could go with that while Sansa is queen she has that tension subjugating to King's Landing.

Bronn, Master of Coin? WTF?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well leaks were more or less spot on.

I feel empty inside...

At least Jon pet the dog...

Daenery's death was just, eh... underwhelming. It wasn't convincing enough for Jon to do it.

At least Bran is confirmed the bad guy, he knew exactly what was going down the whole time to end on the throne "why else am I here" (not exact words).

When I read Bronn was master of coins in the leaks I laughed, I had to stop myself from crying when it happened, what a great guy to make master of coin.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-05-20 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    So am I the only person who really liked season 8?
    No, I liked it quite a lot...especially Ep. 5. Short of a bloodbath they really ended the show about the only way they could have. Kinda surprising we got any kind of a happy ending but it's there. Tyrion gets to be the best version of himself which is all I ever really wanted tbh.

Drogon is still alive so magic is still a thing in the world. Maybe he takes Danny to Valyria. Maybe he finds a way to make babies. Maybe Danny isn't DEAD dead. Lord of Light works in mysterious ways lol. I'm fine with her staying dead. From the first season they have always shown that Danny was destined to rule the world through fire and blood. Jon saved the world from that fate.

I think my biggest complaint about the last two seasons is the shortened length. I know we got some longer episodes but there was just too much story to be told in such a short time. Whatever the actual truth is behind the decision to shorten the seasons, it's a shame it was made because I feel it robbed us of some fantastic story telling.

So...what's next to watch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    The entire nights watch and the wildlings are loyal to him so I suppose they just allowed him to "slip away" beyond the wall.

Hell, the entire north is loyal to him.
    Is there even a Night's Watch? I don't remember seeing one black brother in Castle Black. They were all Free Folks. Seems to me that Jon is now bound to become the new King Beyond The Wall. At least that's how I interpret it.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Good ol' Edumure.

Btw, with Jon not having children the Targaryen house dies. Guess it's for the best since it's a coin toss every time one is born. Still sucks. I would like Jon to have kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    This season was an entire waste writing wise and totally ruined the show for me. All the intricate stories and prophecies, the night king, bran being the three eyes raven and the writers just went "FUCK IT WE'RE DONE" All the buildup of arya becoming faceless to never be used. All the buildup for bran to be the three eyed raven to never be used, the buildup with the nightking to just be "lol he just dies and poof all gone". Turns out bran really did just worg out to watch endgame because he knew that would be a better story in 3 hours than the entire season of this nonsense.

"A god damned waste" That's my review of season 8.
    You only have yourself to blame if you're this upset. I'm just going to assume you read fan theories and were convinced some of them might happen. If you hadn't, you'd realize the night king was a nobody undead necromancer the moment they showed his origin. He had no other motives outside of destroying all life. If you hadn't read some of those theories, you wouldn't have built yourself up for another ending. Your fault, not theres.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    But yeah too much "Happy Ending" story lines.
    I'm fine with happy endings. I think the problem is that the series spent so much time murking about in GRITTY and DARK during the middlepoint that the fans were conditioned to think that it would always remain this way, when in reality that was just the middle of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Sansa could have at least said since Bran is now King the North will stay with the 7 Kingdoms. So even tho no more episodes, you could go with that while Sansa is queen she has that tension subjugating to King's Landing.
    I don't see why the North should break off either. They have the best representation possible in the new government.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    But they were confirmed two weeks ago
    I know that, I'm just still incredulous because a first year creative writing student could have done better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Btw, with Jon not having children the Targaryen house dies. Guess it's for the best since it's a coin toss every time one is born. Still sucks. I would like Jon to have kids.
    You know jon is going to be smashing some wildling puss in a weeks time

He left the nightwatch and went with the wildlings. He can f whatever girl he wants to.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Jon had kids they probably wouldn't be mad anyway, as there would be no incest involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This is doing a disservice to all of Jon's titles.

Jon Snow, Knower of Nothing, The One without Charisma, Former King in the North, Former Warden of the North, Former Lord Commander of the Night's watch, Former Steward to the Nights Watch, Deserter of the Nights Watch with 3 star clusters, Rightful Heir to the Seven Kingdoms (But it is no big deal really), Aunt Fucker, Queenslayer, Kinslayer, Friendslayer, Dragon Rider (He crashed it though), Petter of Dogs (Sometimes).
    That is glorious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Went into the episode making the decision to pretend that everything leading up to it had been handled with solid pacing and writing, rather than rushed out over the span of thee episodes.

I would say I'm mostly satisfied with the ending. Individual character endings were all pretty solid.

There were some contrivances, and some of the endings were very Hollywood, but most everyone at least ended up in a place that made sense.

I was really happy with Brienne as Captain of the Kingsguard, finishing Jaime's entry in the White Book, since the scene where Jaime looks through the book and updates his entry was one of my top favorite scenes in all of the books.

I'm surprised that everyone who made it through the last episode other than Dany and the Lannister prisoners basically got a happy ending. Even Jon, maybe I need to rewatch his final scene, but it felt to me like as he was leading the Wildlings north of the Wall, he might find happiness with the freefolk.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-05-20 at 02:46 AM.

He'd probably find someone and have a family, but the Targaryean line is officially over. Jon isn't going to tell his family about his true parentage, lest they'd be endangered.

And so it ends. Probably for the best, really.

On the plus side: super best friends Jon, Tormund, and Ghost going on adventures beyond the Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't see why the North should break off either. They have the best representation possible in the new government.
    Yeah I'm watching a live cast right now and they are saying the same thing about the North and House Stark. They basically run the kingdom anyways.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean if the Unsullied hear that Jon is just chilling in King's Landing, they'd probably just come back...
    They are going to Naath. They will all die in a few weeks.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"